Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-02-2024, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Well if we’re just getting weird with the alternative Dance choices - Hold Me, Little Lies, As Long as You Follow, Hollywood, or Nights in Estoril. As for Got a Hold On Me, she should have never just dropped her solo hit from the world. It should have been as much of a Fleetwood Mac staple as Stand Back became starting in 1987.
Yep, agree completely. It is such a great tune.
Old 05-02-2024, 10:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Well if we’re just getting weird with the alternative Dance choices - Hold Me, Little Lies, As Long as You Follow, Hollywood, or Nights in Estoril. As for Got a Hold On Me, she should have never just dropped her solo hit from the world. It should have been as much of a Fleetwood Mac staple as Stand Back became starting in 1987.
Except she lacked the ego of Old Goatsy. But I agree.

I think Love Will Show Us How would've been a better choice.
Old 05-02-2024, 10:07 AM

Change out My LIttle Demon for Got A Hold On Me
Change out Temporary One for Slow Down!
Old 05-02-2024, 06:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Game of Pretend — it should have been Christine on the piano, no back up voices. The first verse sounds great to my ears. The moment Lindsey enters with those breathy harmonies, the song is ruined.
Yes. Those pitch-altered chipmunk harmonies he slathered on the chorus turn what could’ve been a beautiful song into a joke.
Old 05-02-2024, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine must have felt pressured to bring a new song to the project but Temporary One was just bland and sounded as if it might have been written by an early AI package. It almost dies of boredom part way through; the applause after it was almost embarrassed. Of the three new songs, I only really liked Stevie's.

At the risk of my being a bore, they should have resurrected Why instead, with those beautiful Lindsey/Stevie harmonies. It wouldn't have eclipsed Silver Springs but it wouldn't have been far off.

Wow, my 500th post. I never thought I would reach that.

Last edited by Mr Scarrott; 05-02-2024 at 08:07 PM..
Old 05-03-2024, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
Christine must have felt pressured to bring a new song to the project but Temporary One was just bland and sounded as if it might have been written by an early AI package. It almost dies of boredom part way through; the applause after it was almost embarrassed. Of the three new songs, I only really liked Stevie's.

At the risk of my being a bore, they should have resurrected Why instead, with those beautiful Lindsey/Stevie harmonies. It wouldn't have eclipsed Silver Springs but it wouldn't have been far off.

I'm glad someone has some taste. I thought Sweet Girl was a great song. There's really nothing compelling about the music in Temporary One. I like the lyrics, but it just sort of dies on the vine.
Old 05-03-2024, 12:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I'm glad someone has some taste. I thought Sweet Girl was a great song. There's really nothing compelling about the music in Temporary One. I like the lyrics, but it just sort of dies on the vine.
Exactly, it just feels like a rare mis-step from Chris, which is a shame. Oh yeah, and I forgot BTLH! I do like that one, especially the studio version as it's the one post-Tango song with just the five 75-87 members on it.
Old 05-03-2024, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Exactly, it just feels like a rare mis-step from Chris, which is a shame. Oh yeah, and I forgot BTLH! I do like that one, especially the studio version as it's the one post-Tango song with just the five 75-87 members on it.
I used to not care for this one. I've grown to really like it. I like the live version the best.
Old 05-03-2024, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
A game of “I’m Glad” pretend?
Old 05-03-2024, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

She has gone on record saying she brought a few songs, but the band chose TO because of its tempo.

She hinted she thought some of the other songs may have been stronger, in her view.

But I love TO. The band chose well…
Old 05-03-2024, 12:48 PM

Quote:
A game of “I’m Glad” pretend?
Christine chose it FOR YOU.
Old 05-03-2024, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Christine chose it FOR YOU.
I was there for the taking
Old 05-03-2024, 02:13 PM

Quote:
I was there for the taking
you're movin too fast
Old 05-03-2024, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Temp One doesn't do it for me, much like One More Night doesn't either. It never really gets off of the ground. I do like it better than Sweet Girl.
Old 05-03-2024, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Temp One doesn't do it for me, much like One More Night doesn't either. It never really gets off of the ground. I do like it better than Sweet Girl.
That's because you've never danced the stages of the world.