The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   New Stevie interview (The New York Times) (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=56337)

KenshiMaster16 09-06-2016 01:17 PM

I'm glad she's finally getting to tour behind the album, cause it is a good album but with that said, this quote...;

“I just woke up one morning and said I have two years off before Fleetwood Mac comes knocking on my door [for another tour],” she said. “Why would I want to sit around and do nothing?”...

really irks me. Go into the studio, be creative, make a new solo (or Mac) album. Touring behind a years old album (and being a big arena tour as well) seems incredibly iffy to me and risky in terms of success. Perhaps that's why the Pretenders are joining her as well. Either way, I'm happy she's doing what she wants but new music (solo or band) is much preferred to me. This tour could've waited, especially if she ever does a Volume 2 and then it could've ended up setlist wise like the Enchanted Tour. Oh well, we'll see how this all plays out as time marches on.

louielouie2000 09-06-2016 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp (Post 1190053)
If this is the case then the next FM tour could start a year later than Mick's late 2017 prediction...

I thought the same thing. It would definitely be a wise move, too- lest the band wear out its welcome by cashing in on too many oldies tours too closely together.

gldstwmn 09-06-2016 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danielle (Post 1189996)
“Don’t Stop” was the theme song of Bill Clinton’s campaign. What are your hopes for this election?

Of course I’m for Hillary Clinton. It’s hard to think of anything as amazing as that song was for Bill. He picked it out when he was driving around in a cab somewhere years before. When she wins by a landslide, I could gather together the Dixie Chicks, Billy Corgan and everybody who’s ever sung a version of “Landslide.” It’s not up-tempo, but it certainly would get the message across.

Love this... :lol:

bombaysaffires 09-06-2016 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 (Post 1190071)
I'm glad she's finally getting to tour behind the album, cause it is a good album but with that said, this quote...;

“I just woke up one morning and said I have two years off before Fleetwood Mac comes knocking on my door [for another tour],” she said. “Why would I want to sit around and do nothing?”...

really irks me. Go into the studio, be creative, make a new solo (or Mac) album. Touring behind a years old album (and being a big arena tour as well) seems incredibly iffy to me and risky in terms of success. Perhaps that's why the Pretenders are joining her as well. Either way, I'm happy she's doing what she wants but new music (solo or band) is much preferred to me. This tour could've waited, especially if she ever does a Volume 2 and then it could've ended up setlist wise like the Enchanted Tour. Oh well, we'll see how this all plays out as time marches on.

yeah coz the other band members wouldn't have wanted to record during the next couple years before that tour......:mad:

Nicks Fan 09-06-2016 09:37 PM

I am not sure what to make of this tour. I can't really see her playing a lot of stuff from 24KG and IYD as this is a big arena tour and you want to fill the seats. You wont fill seasts if people find out she won't be playing many hits.

I am surprised they are booking her in biog venues like MSG. The Pretenders are a good band for sure but their last hits were in the 90's and correct me if I am wrong but isn't Chrissy the only original member left?

I would have thought a tour like this would have been booked in 5,000- seat capacity venues becuase I think she would have done really well.

If they are selling the majority of thr arena I would hate to see half full venues.

bombaysaffires 09-06-2016 11:09 PM

Honestly, when's the last time she sold out MSG on her own????

iamnotafraid 09-06-2016 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1190230)
Honestly, when's the last time she sold out MSG on her own????

Are we sure it's not MSG Theater?

It's capacity is a touch over 5,000
which sounds about right for her
short tour.

pattyfan 09-06-2016 11:40 PM

The San Jose venue is very large and the same venue where F Mac has played on all the tours since the Dance. It's big, and I will really be surprised if they come close to selling out. On the one hand, it's a tour, so yaaay :) On the other hand, I would have loved it if she had decided to stick to small venues. :)

Kevin

iamnotafraid 09-06-2016 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pattyfan (Post 1190236)
... I will really be surprised if they come close to selling out.

Kevin

Maybe she plans to fill the arenas with ghosts.

pattyfan 09-07-2016 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamnotafraid (Post 1190239)
Maybe she plans to fill the arenas with ghosts.

She can't because....The Ghosts Are Gone. :)

Kevin