The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Great article and I agree that Tusk really is Fleetwood Mac at its very best, which is a hard thing to say considering Rumours greatness, but everything about Tusk is amazing. I remember buying the album on its release date and am surprised is still plays after the hundreds of spins I've given it. Tusk must be listened to from start to finish to truly appreciate it. I sure don't agree with his assessment of Stevie though because her 5 tunes on Tusk are the pinnacle of her career and she has never written or sang as well as on this album. But the same can be said for Buckingham and McVie, both are stellar and not a bad song in the set.

My favourites:

McVie: Over and Over, easily, her best track ever. I'm totally drawn into this song and nothing else exists when it plays. What a delicious, smooth vocal performance.

Buckingham: Not That Funny, I love, love this song, but it's a tie with I Know I'm Not Wrong, Lindsey's two best compositions. This was his showstopping brilliance coming into a new era. The biggest mistake the band made was "blaming" him for this album, when had they continued to record like this, could have had at least a couple more really, really good albums.

Nicks: Beautiful Child, her best ever recorded vocal and harmony with Buckingham is chilling and the best this classic duo performed together. I wish so much it had been performed live back in the day with a Stevie "wail" it would have been our best concert memory of her, hands down.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Ice View Post
Buckingham: Not That Funny, I love, love this song, but it's a tie with I Know I'm Not Wrong, Lindsey's two best compositions. This was his showstopping brilliance coming into a new era. The biggest mistake the band made was "blaming" him for this album, when had they continued to record like this, could have had at least a couple more really, really good albums.
Ha, clever to say this in the same paragraphs with the 2 songs where he is saying "don't blame me."

I love the part in the article where the writer mentions the other repeated line, "here comes the night time". Michele
Old 11-17-2011, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Good read.

I've found myself feeling the same way, almost embarrassed to be a MAC fan with some of my friends. But when you take away the pop/rock star aspect and just look at the music....they get you everytime.

Hard to argue with many of his song choices, and I realize it was largely a pro-Tusk type of article, (which I like, Go Team Tusk!).

But since he opened the door to all different eras of the mac I have one thing to add....

WHERE THE HELL IS "WHY"????
Old 11-17-2011, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Or Hypnotized, or Bare Trees..

Anyway, great article. A lot of Mac songs which I feel are underapprciated, like LIS, and BL, NF, A, and IKINW. I spoke about IKINW, BL, and LIS this week *alone*, with my wife, talking about Mac songs!

More time goes on, more Tusk is recognized. I wonder if the album has sold much in the last decade.