Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-19-2014, 03:12 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
If we go one step further and believe that everything that comes out of any
of the band members is PR-BS then things make more sense...Everything SN says about wanting CM back or being happy about CM's return = PR-BS...The story of how CM's return came about=PR-BS...What story sounds better? I came back because I missed my band and the fans or I only came out of retirement for the money and attention....Personally I think CM's return was well planned by MF for quite a while (possibly years) as a way to increase FM's cash flow and as a tactic for MF to get Stevie to do things his way ( never ending tours / new albums ) If this is what's really happening then Stevie's behavior makes a little more sense...The more MF/FM pushes and tries to make Stevie look bad in the public eye the more disconnected she seems to become from FM.
I don't think anybody can be blamed for making Stevie look bad other than Stevie herself, through her own words (or lack of) and actions (or lack of).
Old 11-19-2014, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No one forced FM to instantly book another tour.
Mick was already behind on his Cadillac payments!
Old 11-19-2014, 04:04 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Lucas View Post
But the fan in me is thinking, “Suck it up. You would have been waiting tables and playing acoustic shows in coffee houses for the last 30+ years if this band hadn’t taken you in. And who knows what would have happened to the band if you hadn’t come along? We might not even be here discussing them at all. You did all this together, the five of you. Ms. Nicks, for better or worse, you’re the face of the band. ACT LIKE IT. Step up, bring in some great songs, and show up in the studio to make sure they sound great. Push Lindsey to step outside his box and give your songs the production they deserve. Make a final masterpiece with this band.”
This is amazing. Explains exactly what I've wanted to say.
Old 11-19-2014, 05:54 PM
Registered

Quote:
But the fan in me is thinking, “Suck it up. You would have been waiting tables and playing acoustic shows in coffee houses for the last 30+ years if this band hadn’t taken you in. And who knows what would have happened to the band if you hadn’t come along? We might not even be here discussing them at all. You did all this together, the five of you. Ms. Nicks, for better or worse, you’re the face of the band. ACT LIKE IT. Step up, bring in some great songs, and show up in the studio to make sure they sound great. Push Lindsey to step outside his box and give your songs the production they deserve. Make a final masterpiece with this band.”

matt
you should post this to all of her social media
Old 11-19-2014, 07:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hello all---

I, for one, would love to hear what Stevie’s supposed close friend, Tom Petty, would have to say about all this. Tom’s wit and no-nonsense attitude are legendary. I can totally hear him saying, “Put on your big girl panties, stop complaining, and make a record. If Lindsey pushes, you push back.”

But I can’t imagine he’d go public with any comments about her, so we will never hear that conversation.

In Stevie’s defense, she has every right to do what she wants. She’s a grown woman who clearly wants to continue making music but is possibly asking herself, “I don’t have many years of this career left in the tank. How do I really want to spend those years?”

On the other hand…

I have no problem with them making an album as a four-piece without her. I would prefer that Stevie be involved, because the magic occurs when those five people are together.

But if she keeps playing games or insists that Dave produce, thank her for her time, wish her good luck, and finish that record. It might not have the old FM magic, but the band can still make a great record with Christine and Lindsey leading the way.

matt

Well said.

She looks like a sweet little lamb from afar, but when you get close, you find out that she skinned and ate the darn thing just to use it as a coat. She's a beast.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This whole thing reminds me of get togethers of inlaws or relatives around the holidays and other times and try to keep a tight lip and try to get along with everybody there.Just keep cool and work or play and get things done.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 11-19-2014, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopingtofly View Post
I don't think anybody can be blamed for making Stevie look bad other than Stevie herself, through her own words (or lack of) and actions (or lack of).
Exactly! Mick's and Lindsey's recent comments about Stevie have been very tactful. I see no agenda to publicly disrespect or shame her.

Do we know for sure that Stevie's main stipulation is that she wants that Dave Stewart to produce her songs? This seems like it might be a theory of a ledgie, and it's been passed around so much that it's become fact.

Lindsey is responsible for producing the songs that made Stevie famous. Just because she might have not liked his production of her songs on an album recorded ten years ago has no bearing on his integrity and ability to re-summons the talent he has to polish her songs into classics. With Christine back in the band, the dynamics have shifted. Stevie is absolutely insane to be so wishy-washy with her lack of commitment. I always admired for her ability to balance her solo career with her loyalty to Fleetwood Mac. On the last tour, she and Lindsey seemed to be so at peace with each other. Apparently, either things have changed, or it was just act.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 11-19-2014 at 09:33 PM..
Old 11-19-2014, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Do we know for sure that Stevie's main stipulation is that she wants that Dave Stewart to produce her songs? This seems like it might be a theory of a ledgie, and it's been passed around so much that it's become fact.
We don't know for sure, and I hope that's not it because if it is, then just let Dave do it and get on with things! It's not too much for Stevie to ask after 40 years with the band, and Lindsey claimed he was open to it, so it makes no sense to me that this would be the issue.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
You really think at 71 Chris's motivation for coming back is money and attention? She seems very happy to be performing again, and not being stuck on her own in her mansion. I'm sure she enjoys earning the money, but I really don't believe that was her no1 motivation for coming back.
Amen. Christine's return is pretty obviously earnest and genuine; it is neither a cynical money grab or a plea for attention. Although she and the band are never deterred from the prospect of big money, the clear joy she is having on this tour speaks for itself.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Christine’s return wasn’t something ginned up by Mick. It was a process I suspect that started when she read Ken’s book. Ken said in an interview dated March 29, 2012 that "Christine McVie has read the book now, and she told me that she loved it. Christine said that I brought passion back into the music for her and brought back so many memories. She’s the only real sweetheart in the group. The rest of them are all fighting with each other." Almost two years to the day later, the band was on the Today Show announcing Christine had rejoined Fleetwood Mac.

The fact that Lindsey told the band not to participate in the book because he might want to write one of his own someday means Christine can't very well use that as a reason, but it was Ken who leaked that Christine was going to Maui and that Christine would be performing with the Fleetwood Blues Band, which is why I believe that Ken more than anybody is responsible for Christine's comeback.

And, it must be noted, in his q&a he clearly said the best thing for the band would be her return and a new studio record.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Could be that Stevie has not said she's on board with recording is because she knows Mick will probably want to extend the tour into 2016 so they can promote the new album...She's already committed to 3 years of FM and changed her recording schedule to accommodate the band...She simply might want time off...
Old 11-19-2014, 09:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am not somewhere where I can try and dig out links right now, but Stevie did in fact say in an interview somewhere that she wanted an outside producer. I don't recall if she was the one who said Dave (I think so….) or not, but when Lindsey talked about being open to outside producers and that the band had kicked around some names, he specifically mentioned Dave.

ok I did some quick checking and didn't find the Dave article yet but did rediscover this from TheGuardian March 25, 2011 where she says she expects there to be a new FM album "next year" which would be 2012…… and then something happened because we know she balked at recording and the guys had to work hard just to get her to participate in a 4 song EP. She's been reluctant/resistant to record ever since.

THe interview in the Guardian was promoting IYD so she'd already recorded that and had her glorious experience with Dave and still said she expected a new FM album in a year. So it wasn't like she said it, then recorded with Dave and had some magical epiphany like "this is how I want to record everything in the future"

http://www.theguardian.com/music/201...icks-interview

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 11-19-2014 at 10:07 PM..
Old 11-19-2014, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So they say. This band is the biggest bunch of BS'ers when it comes what goes on with the band...
I SO agree.
Old 11-19-2014, 10:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
You really think at 71 Chris's motivation for coming back is money and attention? She seems very happy to be performing again, and not being stuck on her own in her mansion. I'm sure she enjoys earning the money, but I really don't believe that was her no1 motivation for coming back.
I don't think Chris's motivation for returning was for money and attention for her but I do think that Mick motivated her to come back for his financial gain.Everyone knows he's a greedy mofo and he has said that he loves to spend and has been bankrupt too many times to remember.Chris,being a good friend,said "ok,I'll bail you out-AGAIN"- hence the tour title,lets get "on with the show".And as far as a tour so soon after the last one?Maybe Mick figured he better "get it while the gettins' good"-that is,before she changes her mind.Just an angle my brain took..
Old 11-19-2014, 10:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

well I think Mick's financial "crisis" this time around is his divorce. Seems like Lynne might have gotten a sizable chunk of his fortune and he'd like to recoup it.