User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-01-2015, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pberry View Post
Found myself in the second row in Buffalo, right in front of LB. A great show.

One thing that was not mentioned yet (I don't think) was that there was a bat in the arena. Christine mentioned it early on and Steve swung her arms in bat- like motion. And throughout the show, I saw the bat swirling overhead.
My worst nightmare. I know the bat wouldn't get close enough to the crowd to touch anyone, but I still just freak out at the thought.

Michele
Old 02-01-2015, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
All -- Here are some shots that I took from last night's show that turned out well.
They are lovely. You caught them in great positions. Michele
Old 02-02-2015, 08:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
All -- Here are some shots that I took from last night's show that turned out well.
that first one of the band taking their bows is amazing! It could totally be an album cover (you know, for the album that will never be!) It also reminds me a lot of the 1980 Live album cover. Very cool.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 02-03-2015, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Incredible Show. I've seen 11 Fleetwood Mac related shows since 2003 (5 fleetwood Mac 4 stevie and 2 Lindsey) From start to finish was it the most I enjoyed any of those concerts or what I consider to be the best... No. Stevie's 2012 IYD show in Niagara Falls is still the best show from start to finish I've seen. And of just the 5 Fleetwood Mac shows, again maybe not start to finish the best, but the peaks were so high that I think I can call this the best Fleetwood Mac show I've been to.

Christine being back in the band is a great thing in every way, but by far the best aspect is just the vibe on stage. I had a great close up view of them and could see all the interaction between songs and they just all seem so happy up there. And something about trading off with 3 voices speaking between songs was so great as opposed to just hearing stevie and Lindsey talk all night. And her banter is so much less intense then stevie and Lindsey making every song intro they do sound like either a college lecture or in Stevies case a silly novel.

But as far as actual songs go, from what they chose to play, Christine's songs just aren't highlights of the show for me for the most part. Although I guess it was nice to relax to say you love me after the intense 3 song tusk set, it's sad how many songs of Chris's could be highlights: think about me, why, isn't midnight, even oh daddy would of at least given her something other then the most bubbly songs imaginable to play.

I'm not gonna go songs by song but these were the highlights:

1. Sisters of the Moon, I wanted this to be a highlight in 2013 but it just wasn't. But I still hoped it remained in the set for at least one more tour, since stevie has a real habit of building on her songs tour to tour. I mean just watch GDW on live in boston and then see how the song grows with each tour. LIB is still great but it doesn't compare to 2009 on. and the best part was I was right to wish they kept the song, because it was the best song of the night for me. Her ad libs have gotten so much better and plentiful. And her growl at the end was amazing. Also Christine's piano intro adds so much to the song that was missing in 2013.

2. Gold Dust Woman, this truly is always the best song of the night, and it truly highlights every single band member. This is Micks best drumming of the night, the jam while stevie dances is just the best instrumental moment of the night and of course stevie vocal is at its best here. I love it most when she adds emphasis to words that normally don't have it. Like this night she yelled rulers make BAD LOVERS.

3. I'm so afraid, Mick steals this song for me

You Make Loving Fun Little Lies and Songbird were my only actual Christine highlights. I loved how up front the guitar was during the middle portion of songbird and during Little Lies I just had a moment while staring at the 3 of them in a row and was kind of in awe that I was watching the 3 of them sing together again and I really never thought I would see that. Stevie's harmonies on YMLF were very unexpected as I haven't ever heard her harmonize like that in any past performance Christine's best contributions to the other two vocalists songs was definitely her harmony on Rhiannon's second verse. Definitely gave me chills there. Also her presence on silver springs makes a huge difference, but surprisingly couldn't detect a difference on the chains harmonies

Lindsey was Lindsey which is a good thing. big love I know can seem the same every time but somehow it's always different for me and it was amazing again to me last night. I also want to hear this full band but I don't see how this absolute guitar showcase can be removed. He hams it up on a lot of songs but big love really focuses on that guitar playing which is needed in the set. And I'm 100 percent in agreement that NGBA is terrible.

Can I just give either stevie or the band as a whole (not sure how the make decisions like this) for her song selections this tour. It would've very convenient and obvious to keep Sara in their tusk set instead of Sisters and they made the brave and correct choice. And as much as I expected it to be an eh song, gypsy was incredible. I love the way she sings it this tour, and the rain backdrop is my favorite backdrop of the night. Stevie's only eh song was Dreams. I even enjoyed Rhiannon a lot.

The standards that I'm truly sick of at this point are SHN, Dreams and most of all NGBA. Everywhere and over my head are very good live but I still feel theyre taking the place of many other Christine songs that showcase her more moody or rocking side.

Oh and I can't forget the bat, I saw it multiple times. I saw mick, Christine and Lindsey spot t and point at it a few times. stevie must truly get in a zone up there because the bat floated closest to her multiple times and she didn't flinch or acknowledge it once.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 02-03-2015, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Oh and I can't forget the bat, I saw it multiple times. I saw mick, Christine and Lindsey spot t and point at it a few times. stevie must truly get in a zone up there because the bat floated closest to her multiple times and she didn't flinch or acknowledge it once.
Maybe Stevie is friends with bats.

Yes, they did make some interesting choices with Stevie's songs. I never would have believed they would drop Stand Back and keep in SOTM. I applaud that. I miss Sara, but Seven Wonders is more upbeat (and familiar to a new audience right now), so I guess they weighed those choices. Glad you enjoyed the show.

Michele
Old 02-03-2015, 11:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool review Hawkeye.

"Only" three Christine songs as highlights? I'd say that's pretty damn good!

I agree that SOTM is a good choice for this tour. I wish they would drop Gypsy (and the long speech before it) and I wish they'd drop Big Love (and the long speech before it) and replace these songs with more adventurous numbers. And yes, Think About Me and Isn't it Midnight would be great additions. I'd swap out Over My Head (though I loved the way it was played at that show) and Don't Stop any time. And while we're at it, rid the show of Dreams. Such things will never happen, unfortunately.

But I loved, loved, loved the show.
Old 02-04-2015, 01:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Cool review Hawkeye.

"Only" three Christine songs as highlights? I'd say that's pretty damn good!

I agree that SOTM is a good choice for this tour. I wish they would drop Gypsy (and the long speech before it) and I wish they'd drop Big Love (and the long speech before it) and replace these songs with more adventurous numbers. And yes, Think About Me and Isn't it Midnight would be great additions. I'd swap out Over My Head (though I loved the way it was played at that show) and Don't Stop any time. And while we're at it, rid the show of Dreams. Such things will never happen, unfortunately.

But I loved, loved, loved the show.
don't stop! That's another highlight from Saturday for me. Top 10 song for sure. I think Big Love should just drop the speech. It's just painful t listen to. Stevie's gypsy speech is too long for sure, but at least her rambling is more entertaining to me at least. Can I ask why you want the actual song Big Love dropped?

And I forgot another sort of minor disappointment I have with the show. world turning let me down. It was still a great performance and is always a highlight, BUT I Felt it should've been MORE of a highlight. With Christine back and able to take back the parts of the song Stevie's been singing for 10 years mixed with the fact that Stevie has been taking a lot of extra vocal leaps this tour, I was more then 50 percent confident that she would Add a few of extra lines like She would do in the 70s and that we all have officially released now on the live rumours disc that came out

He Will Burn You Down
Old 02-04-2015, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Could this be because she is "Blind as a Bat?
Old 02-04-2015, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And I forgot another sort of minor disappointment I have with the show. world turning let me down. It was still a great performance and is always a highlight, BUT I Felt it should've been MORE of a highlight. With Christine back and able to take back the parts of the song Stevie's been singing for 10 years mixed with the fact that Stevie has been taking a lot of extra vocal leaps this tour, I was more then 50 percent confident that she would Add a few of extra lines like She would do in the 70s and that we all have officially released now on the live rumours disc that came out
I'd love it if Lindsey and Christine still shared a mic on World Turning, like they did in the 70s.
Old 02-04-2015, 10:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montclare View Post
I'd love it if Lindsey and Christine still shared a mic on World Turning, like they did in the 70s.
That would be fun. Of course, they probably don't want to do that sort of thing these days. Too afraid of the measles.

Michele
Old 02-05-2015, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Buffalo News By Rebecca Brandel February 5, 2015

http://www.buffalonews.com/life-arts...-show-20150205

Last Saturday, people poured into the First Niagara Center to see an act that last performed in Buffalo almost 30 years ago.

Fleetwood Mac played the 46th show of its “On With the Show” tour, and it went off with a bang.

I wasn’t sure what to expect, but the group did not disappoint.

The show was all about the music, the band stopping only a few times to tell a few brief anecdotes, and welcome back keyboardist Christine McVie.

There was no opening act. The band came out and immediately went into “The Chain.”

Stevie Nicks’ distinct voice seemed to put the audience in a trance, especially during “Rhiannon,” despite Nicks no longer being able to hit the high notes.

The set was simple, just the band’s instruments on stage with psychedelic backgrounds changing as the set list went on.

The group performed with passion and enthusiasm, especially Lindsey Buckingham’s performance of “Big Love.”

Fleetwood Mac, a band that started in 1967, has spanned generations and is finding a new following thanks to the hit FX show “American Horror Story.” In the show’s second season, Lily Rabe plays Misty Day, a witch obsessed with Stevie Nicks. Nicks also has appeared on the show.

During Saturday night’s performance, Nicks thanked the TV show, and told the audience “Keep watching, it’s crazy!”

Eight Fleetwood Mac songs have been featured on “American Horror Story.” In her TV appearance, Nicks performed “Seven Wonders” while wearing one of her signature top hats.

She told the First Niagara crowd that she purchased her first top hat in Buffalo, and that’s when the fad began.

She then went on to dedicate the song “Landslide” to Buffalo, saying “My top hat thanks you!”

The band performed two encores, and the audience stayed put for both of them.

Overall, Fleetwood Mac did not disappoint its fans who came out to support them after all these years.

Rebecca Brandel is a junior at Mount St. Mary Academy.
Old 02-08-2015, 07:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

This video is amazing for 2 reasons. I love that Christine accepted 2 flowers from the crowd and blew them kisses. So freaking cool! But check out during the bows where Lindsey sees a fan in the front row with a Rumours album and he signals to Stevie to sign it. Ha ha. But she does not and mouths something.
I did see her sign a Buckingham Nicks album during this tour in Pittsburgh. I would LOVE to be front row and have a 1984 Christine McVie solo album for Chris to sign. And I bet she would sign it!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwtrkBPx_9E
Old 02-08-2015, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Can I ask why you want the actual song Big Love dropped?
For no other reason than he's done it again and again and again. I initially loved his reinterpretation of it in 1998 (possibly earlier for solo shows), but now I wish he'd re-interpret another song in an equally intriguing way.

I wish this, actually, for all of the songwriters' songs. More risks. I Know they have the chops to mix things up, so I dont know why they don't.
Old 02-08-2015, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
This video is amazing for 2 reasons. I love that Christine accepted 2 flowers from the crowd and blew them kisses. So freaking cool! But check out during the bows where Lindsey sees a fan in the front row with a Rumours album and he signals to Stevie to sign it. Ha ha. But she does not and mouths something.
I did see her sign a Buckingham Nicks album during this tour in Pittsburgh. I would LOVE to be front row and have a 1984 Christine McVie solo album for Chris to sign. And I bet she would sign it!!!!
That was awesome to watch!!
Old 02-08-2015, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I remember sitting in the stands and seeing this and saying, Awww, she got roses! She deserved them, too.