Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-23-2015, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
We suppose to love this band.
Loving them doesn't mean worshipping them, or whitewashing over their faults. Speaking for myself, one of the reasons I love them is yes, the music, but also that they are all such interesting people. And the band themselves are to blame in a lot of ways for putting all their personal crap out there in the public domain and hyping the hell out of it to boost sales all these years. You can't take it back now.... though it seems some of them might be wishing they hadn't been so forthcoming-- Mick has said a few times in recent interviews that perhaps they were "too honest" about all their sh#t.(though to be fair not really John after the Rumors period).

To me the fact that they are all (as we all are) quite flawed human beings in a weird way makes them more endearing, or more down-to-earth or whatever. So I get why people would be wondering gosh, why would a man who beat cancer once keep tempting fate by continuing to smoke or whatever other behavior that is known to cause that very disease. In this case I'm not really shocked by John's behavior. My dad died of a massive heart attack just a few years ago brought on by super clogged arteries caused by his smoking habit that started at age 13 until his death at 73. He tried over and over though the years to quit, and did quit and several times quit for a few years at a time, but it always hooked him again. I have to imagine John is in the same predicament. Addiction man, it sucks.
Old 07-23-2015, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Loving them doesn't mean worshipping them, or whitewashing over their faults. Speaking for myself, one of the reasons I love them is yes, the music, but also that they are all such interesting people. And the band themselves are to blame in a lot of ways for putting all their personal crap out there in the public domain and hyping the hell out of it to boost sales all these years. You can't take it back now.... though it seems some of them might be wishing they hadn't been so forthcoming-- Mick has said a few times in recent interviews that perhaps they were "too honest" about all their sh#t.(though to be fair not really John after the Rumors period).

To me the fact that they are all (as we all are) quite flawed human beings in a weird way makes them more endearing, or more down-to-earth or whatever. So I get why people would be wondering gosh, why would a man who beat cancer once keep tempting fate by continuing to smoke or whatever other behavior that is known to cause that very disease. In this case I'm not really shocked by John's behavior. My dad died of a massive heart attack just a few years ago brought on by super clogged arteries caused by his smoking habit that started at age 13 until his death at 73. He tried over and over though the years to quit, and did quit and several times quit for a few years at a time, but it always hooked him again. I have to imagine John is in the same predicament. Addiction man, it sucks.
Yes .You got a point there.I never got into smoking habit.Thank goodness.Sorry to hear about you dad.Between smoking and drinking and drugs.Its hard to quit them.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 07-23-2015, 02:17 PM

Just today I heard on the news that the WHO stated cigarettes are the 7th most dangerous addiction.
Old 07-23-2015, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenStu View Post

Shouldn't we be talking about the music rather than what the guy does in his personal life?!?
They don't have any new music to talk about and there's nothing new to say about the old music. I own Gotta Band, but I don't really want to discuss it.

Michele
Old 07-23-2015, 09:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post

Chill out guys .We suppose to love this band.
I'm not really all that committed to loving them. It's complicated.

Michele
Old 07-23-2015, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
They don't have any new music to talk about and there's nothing new to say about the old music. I own Gotta Band, but I don't really want to discuss it.

Michele
I don't even want to listen to it, anymore..
Old 07-23-2015, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I don't even want to listen to it, anymore..
yep.
Old 07-24-2015, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Last night I was thinking about John stuff and suddenly remembered that one writer, Rick McGrath, saying Mick told him John only had one kidney.

Man, I would tread lightly at this point in my life with one kidney. Also, I'd have tried to have more kids in case I needed a donor, some day! Ha.

Seriously though, he doesn't have any siblings.

Michele
Old 07-24-2015, 06:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm not really all that committed to loving them. It's complicated.

Michele
More likely I agree.I had a headache the other night when I post it.

They are a complicated unit.Alot of years together .

Old 07-24-2015, 06:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Last night I was thinking about John stuff and suddenly remembered that one writer, Rick McGrath, saying Mick told him John only had one kidney.

Man, I would tread lightly at this point in my life with one kidney. Also, I'd have tried to have more kids in case I needed a donor, some day! Ha.

Michele
Thats news to me.

Old 07-24-2015, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Michele
Good memory--I forgot about the kidney mention. BLA (Bue letter archives) link for anyone interested--third paragraph. (I can spend ages rereading the BLA).

http://bla.fleetwoodmac.net/index.ph...v2&id=875&c=18