User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-16-2004, 12:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Brett Tuggle's Answers

They're not accepting any more questions. Damn! I'd just written a little limerick for him:

There once was a player named Brett
Who had talents you'd never forget
But his greatest achievement
Were the 'Four Disagreements'
Who he tours the country with yet!

Ah well.

Here's some interesting things that Brett has mentioned so far:
  • Mick, Lindsey and everyone have a 'grease' ritual they perform with each other before they go on stage!
  • Christine got everyone playing Charades and Chinese Whispers after the shows!

What answer of his has interested you most?
Old 06-16-2004, 01:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love hearing about the people you see away from the stage so hearing about Stevie's nerves, their rituals, etc. always makes them a little more endearing and I like that. It was also cool to hear about the technical aspects as well. All in all, an excellent Q&A. Thanks for setting it up Marty and thanks to Brett for participating!
Old 06-16-2004, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Talking Yeah...

Thanks so much to Brett and Marty for this Q&A!!
Old 06-16-2004, 05:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I love the picture of him playing the piano at Stevie's house. BTW that statue that is to the left of him looks like the one Ashcroft put the curtains over.
Old 06-16-2004, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I found this intresting:

Hey Brett!! Thanks for taking the time to do this. My Question(s)are what is John McVie like? Does he still drink? Do any of the band members still smoke? Any what are the chances of Fleetwood Mac Touring again? I just saw the Cleveland show on June 13....I had to drive from Pittsburgh because of our show being cancelled ( what happened there??? lol ) You guys really help make the concert sound so good. ( You guys being, Neale, Carlos, Steve, Taku, Sharon and Jana) Thanks in advance. (Jonathon Voye, Pittsburgh, PA, USA)

John has been sober for over a year now. We are all very proud of him and he is doing great. None of the four Macs smoke, although I must confess I do have a cig late in the day or when I get stressed. Everyone is fairly health-conscious these days, which is a good thing.

Over a Year!!!! geesh that's like last year. The band's always given the impression he's been sober since the late 80's. That's very very recent.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 06-16-2004, 08:43 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

He has really struggled w/ this, argh it's agonizing to think he has had this problem since he was like in his late teens. I am so glad to hear that he's been doing well for over a year, that is fantastic.

During the Dance tour I vividly remember one article describing him as heading straight for the hotel bar after the show, where he proceeded to get tipsy-- The writer then said how he was still carrying a torch for Chris, since he then announced to the whole room: "My ex-wife is a lovely, lovely lady...even if she did tell me to f*ck off." Then when he stood up he knocked over the little table of drinks. :-(

This was also the same article where Stevie says "John drinks too much, that's why Chris and John aren't together. period. And John knows he drinks too much but none of us are going to go over and nail him to the wall."-- and she said how she prayed every day that John would be OK.

Can ya'll tell I am overdosing in quotes?? Still hard at work at my john/chris epic LOL.

-Lis
Old 06-16-2004, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So John doesnt smoke anymore???

Chris
Old 06-16-2004, 08:47 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

I could have sworn I saw John smoking at the show on 5/29, right before he came back on after World Turning or something. And i think Brett also said that since John doesn't play on 'Come; that he gets a 'smoke break'.

If he did quit that would be great, but for some reason I don't think he'd try to quit both addictions at once...but maybe he's thrown himself into good health, who knows?

-Lis
Old 06-16-2004, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Nah, when Lux met John in Melbourne, he was going out for a stroll from the hotel having a smoke.
Old 06-16-2004, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I'm happy to hear that John is sober. The quotes that Lis listed above always used to worry me. All the best to him.
Old 08-05-2015, 04:05 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
I found this intresting:

Hey Brett!! Thanks for taking the time to do this. My Question(s)are what is John McVie like? Does he still drink? Do any of the band members still smoke? Any what are the chances of Fleetwood Mac Touring again? I just saw the Cleveland show on June 13....I had to drive from Pittsburgh because of our show being cancelled ( what happened there??? lol ) You guys really help make the concert sound so good. ( You guys being, Neale, Carlos, Steve, Taku, Sharon and Jana) Thanks in advance. (Jonathon Voye, Pittsburgh, PA, USA)

John has been sober for over a year now. We are all very proud of him and he is doing great. None of the four Macs smoke, although I must confess I do have a cig late in the day or when I get stressed. Everyone is fairly health-conscious these days, which is a good thing.

Over a Year!!!! geesh that's like last year. The band's always given the impression he's been sober since the late 80's. That's very very recent.
This is funny too read now speaking that we saw John, Stevie, and Lindsey smoking in the Destiny Rules documentary. They all quit in one year? No.