User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-24-2018, 09:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i think so too. Stevie said she'd record if Chris was there. Chris came back. LB must have breathed multiple sighs of relief, thinking ok, now the album is a go. they went to the studio. i think some reported on twitter that Stevie was with them a time or two, also. and then all of the sudden she went to Nashville and some contractual obligation was pulled out of thin air. Mick said in that one q&a that they were hoping she'll be back fast and join them in the studio. she didn't.
That to me was the weirdest thing. She was complaining about Chris not being there (it was a boy band and all that) and she missed Chris so much etc. So Chris comes back and I thought:"Now, it's finally happening, a new album". But she goes off to Nashville, does her new album (with old music), tours and than doesn't record with them because "records don't sell anymore". Wait... what?? Basically she said:"Fleetwood Mac records don't sell anymore but mine do".

And please, for the love of God, don't let them do Angel. She'll butcher it like she did with SOTM.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 04-24-2018, 09:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
This is all about STEVIE and what she wants. She wanted her little heartbreaker in the band and she got it. I will be giving bad reviews of this concert on every site.
Weird. Loving Buckingham's guitar playing but not loving Mike Campbell's?
Doesn't add up.

I don't think you've ever been to a Tom Petty show. Mike Campbell is jaw-droppingly amazing, and the shows will great, despite how we all feel about Lindsey leaving.

All this speculating about what happened - and misplaced anger toward Stevie or Mick is creepy. I think some fans have way too much free time on their hands.
Old 04-24-2018, 09:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
than doesn't record with them because "records don't sell anymore". Wait... what?? Basically she said:"Fleetwood Mac records don't sell anymore but mine do".
She was under contractual obligation to do that record, it was recorded very quickly, and it was a collection of old songs she found on YouTube. Stevie has nothing new to contribute anymore, as demonstrated by EP and 24KG, which is probably the real reason she avoided working with the band on a new album.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-24-2018, 10:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
Doesn't add up.

I don't think you've ever been to a Tom Petty show. Mike Campbell is jaw-droppingly amazing, and the shows will great, despite how we all feel about Lindsey leaving.

All this speculating about what happened - and misplaced anger toward Stevie or Mick is creepy. I think some fans have way too much free time on their hands.
I agree. For example, for someone to say that they plan to leave bad show reviews (after saying over and over and over again that they will refuse to see a single concert with the latest line-up) is beyond childish and reflects a disturbing level of hysteria over just one more personnel change in a band that has been famous for it. This is not the end of anyone's world.
Old 04-24-2018, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Doesn't add up.

This is not about m Campbell. He is very talented. It’s about certain members of The band and the way they been acting the last couple of years.
Old 04-24-2018, 11:09 AM
Senior Ledgie

I saw this and was thinking: it couldn't fit the situation better.

https://twitter.com/esther_mainz/sta...10898822311936

Lightning strikes, maybe once, maybe twice...
Old 04-24-2018, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by missundercover View Post
I saw this and was thinking: it couldn't fit the situation better.

https://twitter.com/esther_mainz/sta...10898822311936

Lightning strikes, maybe once, maybe twice...
Ha ha, that "bird" is the size of a car!
Old 04-24-2018, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Doesn't add up.

Except that the anger toward Stevie AND Mick is not misplaced. It's very well placed. Stevie has wanted Lindsey out of the band for a very long time. And this was the perfect opportunity.

And why is it that every time someone accuses Stevie and Mick it means that this person has too much time on their hands?
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-24-2018, 12:16 PM

The title of this thread got me scared, when I read the title on the "who's online page" from mobile this morning it looked like "Ken Caillat's sweet little **s"
Old 04-24-2018, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Stevie has wanted Lindsey out of the band for a very long time.
Is this really true and you have evidence to back this up? Or is it just more rumours? - oh well, at least it's in the correct forum
Old 04-24-2018, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
Is this really true and you have evidence to back this up? Or is it just more rumours? - oh well, at least it's in the correct forum
It's an educated guess based on the fact that you don't fire someone just because you don't like that person doing two tours instead of just one. There has to be something more.

Some fans didn't even believe Lindsey on yesterday's video because it was easier to believe Ken.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 04-24-2018, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And why is it that every time someone accuses Stevie and Mick it means that this person has too much time on their hands?
Because her people support her no matter how horrible she becomes.

Stevie and Mick really screwed the pooch on this one. We all know it, but all can't admit it.
Old 04-24-2018, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's an educated guess based on the fact that you don't fire someone just because you don't like that person doing two tours instead of just one. There has to be something more.
We can all have educated guesses, but that's exactly what they are - guesses, it's not the truth. No one on here knows exactly what happened (unless there's a member here that's close to the band).
I agree with you, that there must be something more to it (although that's another guess) and none of us knows for sure what.
Old 04-24-2018, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Because her people support her no matter how horrible she becomes.
Hello to the broken record....

Ok, I have lots of things to do. Just wanted to add a few thoughts to the discussion
Old 04-24-2018, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
We can all have educated guesses, but that's exactly what they are - guesses, it's not the truth. No one on here knows exactly what happened (unless there's a member here that's close to the band).
I agree with you, that there must be something more to it (although that's another guess) and none of us knows for sure what.
No one here is close to the band, but some of us here are close to people who are close to members of the big, big FM "family". So, yeah, some of us know what happened, if that's make you feel better (I'm not counting on you changing your mind).

Some of us have known about the firing for two months before it was announced and we didn't say a word, and it turned out to be true, so why not believe the rest of the story?

Last edited by button-lip; 04-24-2018 at 12:56 PM..