User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-06-2018, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
have you watched any of those 100s of Neil vids you sprinkled all over these boards? the guy doesn't do energy.
Neil will never be Lindsey in terms of energy - that's true. However, Neil adds elements that Lindsey doesn't in terms of harmony vocals and his ability to create a fun, positive musical environment. Anyone who's seen Crowded House or Split Enz has seen what I'm talking about.

To see Neil in action, check out the documentary "The Sun Came Out". It's free on Amazon Prime Video right now. In 2008, Neil invited members of Radiohead, Pearl Jam, Wilco, The Smiths and some other bands to spend a few weeks at his studio in New Zealand writing brand new songs and recording them. Neil produced the album and the documentary shows how Neil lead the musicians through creating a brand new studio album from scratch. Amazing stuff ...

https://www.amazon.com/Sun-Came-Out-.../dp/B007T2LLWI
Old 09-06-2018, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Maybe Rick kept jumping every time he glanced over and saw Klonopin Stevie.

Here is an Ellen performance to cleanse the pallet. Enjoy!

awwwww - thank you!

and - we will get RODEO!!!!!!!

#CanYouHearMeAnnie?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-06-2018, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Judd's 0.02 on Ellen performance (this was just before Lindsey's tweet storm today, funnily enough!) -

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-06-2018, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
It's actually nothing like Meghan Markle marrying into the royal family.

Neil Finn has an estimated net worth of 30 million American dollars.

Mick Fleetwood has an estimated net worth of 20 million and Stevie is worth about 75 million so Neil is already in the same financial ballpark as the other members of Fleetwood Mac.

Easy to forget just how successful and accomplished Neil Finn has been over the last 40 years dating back to the prime years of Crowded House and Split Enz.
I have to hand it to you. You know how to lay it on thicker than Martha Stewart and a tub of buttercream icing. I mean it's never ending. The Kellyanne Conway of the Neil Finn team.
Old 09-06-2018, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
you do know these people left, right? like - there was NO FM at those different points. so they brought in new people. there was no comparisons, because comparisons were either new guys or nothing.
So, then…it’s okay to half-ass it relative to your predecessor based on how he parted ways with the band?

Shouldn’t Lindsey have rocked out on “Spare Me A Little” since Danny got fired?

Quote:
as you well know, but keep arguing anyway for whatever reason, that was not the case this time around. if anything, this time the comparison was 4 without Stevie or 4 without Lindsey. 4 without Stevie they could have pulled off really nicely, without having to add anyone new, as again you yourself argued countless times.
Still haven’t changed my sig pic. That would have been my personal preference, but I also accepted that there won’t be FM without Stevie last year with LBCM. The band is in good hands, and yesterday didn’t sway me either way.

Quote:
it could have been fantastic - and we would probably have another new FM album within a year! we could hear Carnival Begin and On With the Show with Mick and John on FM tour this year. 4 without Lindsey?
Again, I don’t disagree. But, that was decided in 2017, and Stevie’s made it clear she won’t make another album with Lindsey.

Quote:
EDIT: well, Vito didn't leave.
Yes he did. On his own free will.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-06-2018, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Maybe Rick kept jumping every time he glanced over and saw Klonopin Stevie.

Please, he more than anyone was owned by Stevie! Two co-writes on BTM, one on the box, his first solo album was on Modern and featured her on two songs, and he was in her 1994 band.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-06-2018, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This, in my opinion, deserves to be said, and I know many of us have said it, regardless of what combo or faction of this band we are behind....this is not about the musical ability of Mike and Neil. Both are fine fine talented musicians. Its about the construct they are working in within this band.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Just watching Lindsey's performance of "Shut Us Down" on Ellen again.
Interesting to contrast and compare with the new lineup's performance:

Lindsey: He starts singing cold open even before the first note is played. That takes balls, because you can't be sure you're singing right on key!
Stevie & the Pretenders: Stevie and Christine aren't singing (audibly) on the first song at all--except for "AND THEN!"

Lindsey: Virtuoso guitar arrangement and performance.
Stevie & the Pretenders: Mike plays a few notes on his guitar and a keyboard--wtf?

Lindsey: Gives away to each audience member one free copy of his album of new songs.
Stevie & the Pretenders: Gives away to each audience member two tickets to their classic hits concert.

Also interesting: Neale Heywood is the only person to appear in both performances.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Stevie’s had fillers. Her cheeks are starting to look chipmunky.
I mean, it’s the most common thing in the entertainment biz so why shouldn’t she? As long as she doesn’t become Kim Novak or Madonna.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default New from Mattel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petep9000 View Post
I think Stevie’s had fillers. Her cheeks are starting to look chipmunky.
I mean, it’s the most common thing in the entertainment biz so why shouldn’t she? As long as she doesn’t become Kim Novak or Madonna.
You should see Cher in the Mamma Mia sequel.
(Actually, do your best not to.)
Old 09-06-2018, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You should see Cher in the Mamma Mia sequel.
(Actually, do your best not to.)
true. the difference is - Cher fully admits it and has for decades. Stevie insists she's just staying out of the sun.

Old 09-06-2018, 10:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
true. the difference is - Cher fully admits it and has for decades. Stevie insists she's just staying out of the sun.
Good vampire that she is.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-06-2018, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I have to hand it to you. You know how to lay it on thicker than Martha Stewart and a tub of buttercream icing. I mean it's never ending. The Kellyanne Conway of the Neil Finn team.
Never ever ever ending, you are so correct.

Sugar Mouse never did answer my question about whether he/she is a member of fan sites for Neil Finn!!!! Or Crowded House, Split Enz, Finn family, etc.
Old 09-06-2018, 11:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Thanks. I've been called a lot of things on this forum but being called Kellyanne Conway beats them all. Kudos ...

And hey I'll correct any foolish, erroneous posts that I see here and I was correcting bombaysaffires who wrote that Neil joining FM is "like Meghan Markle marrying into the royal family".

Of course, it's nothing like that as Neil is already in the same financial stratosphere as the FM members and is worth about twice what Mick Fleetwood is worth.

It's a huge honor for Neil to join such a great band as FM but it's also a huge honor for FM to land an elite, talented, and successful musician as Neil.

I know that losing Lindsey is a big loss and many of you are grieving the loss, but perhaps some of you can step back and realize just how lucky the band is to bring in Neil and Mike.
Old 09-06-2018, 11:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post

I've been called a lot of things on this forum but being called Kellyanne Conway beats them all. Kudos ...
You must be on the winning side if you're compared to
Kellyanne Conway.

Wonder what color wardrobe Stevie will be wearing
this tour?