User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-04-2004, 12:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShangriLaTroubl
I havent flown since 1997...and im flying from Atlanta to San Antonio via Delta this Saturday...im a little nervous about flying...I hate heights...lol...and I hate to be cramped, I'm not fat but I'm a big guy...and I hope to not be TOO uncomfortable

Chris
Good luck. I think the seats are shrinking as fast as my ass is growing.

- Jake
Old 08-04-2004, 12:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild_Heart03
I mostly fly United... they've yet to ever delay my flight or lose my luggage. Which is more than I can say for Delta...
I've had both those experiences with United. Once when I was in college, and they finally delivered my late luggage by leaving the bags in the snow in the quad rather than coming to my room (or even building) as promised. A friend had to tell me they were out there. Meanwhile I'd been sitting by the phone all day afraid to leave

- Jake
Old 08-04-2004, 12:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie
No. They're all the same. A lot of people think it's cheaper to go to Atlantic City and fly Spirit or Tran. Their prices are ridiculous. It's cheaper for me to fly out of Philadelphia (and much closer). I always pick who I fly with by arrival and departure times. Whoever has the best gets my money and usually it's Delta. Now it'll be Southwest and i'm figuring other airlines will be competing with them so it'll drive down prices on major airlines.
I ghope the prices do go down.
BTW, Philly has one of the worst baggage claims anywhere.

- Jake
Old 08-04-2004, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default American and LAN Chile

American Airlines, I have lo of miles and I even have flight for free 3 times, with miles award.
However American sucks in terms of courtesy and service. Security is ok and I trust them, but most of attendants need a customer service training.

I choose Amercian because it has more flights to Miami and Dallas (the doors to the STates from SouthAmerica).

I prefer LAN Chile (Thanks God it's also One World partner). Attendants are cool, food is better, lot of entertainment (movie channels, gamnes, etc). I also choose this line for flying to B.Aires, Chile. And to the US it goes to LA and Miami. Cool airline.
Old 08-04-2004, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Nope...

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklinensuit
Oh, I finally get it. You're in Oklahoma 'cause you're trapped.

- Jake
because it is the cheapest state in the Union to live, Thus why so many citizens over the age of 60...Examples $1.64 Unleaded per gallon & $70.07 Electric bill (During the HOT summer with 2 AC units running constantly) Now why would I leave Oklahoma?

Besides, I enjoy driving...By the end of Deb's Radiation treatments in OKC (5 days a week for 4 weeks) I will have added another 4000+ miles to our car's odometer.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 08-04-2004, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic
American Airlines, I have lo of miles and I even have flight for free 3 times, with miles award.
However American sucks in terms of courtesy and service. Security is ok and I trust them, but most of attendants need a customer service training.

I choose Amercian because it has more flights to Miami and Dallas (the doors to the STates from SouthAmerica).

I prefer LAN Chile (Thanks God it's also One World partner). Attendants are cool, food is better, lot of entertainment (movie channels, gamnes, etc). I also choose this line for flying to B.Aires, Chile. And to the US it goes to LA and Miami. Cool airline.
American does have crappy service.
But I flew Continental this morning & was pissed at the service there as well.
BTW, I never knew Dallas was a door from S. Amer.

- Jake
Old 08-04-2004, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklinensuit
American does have crappy service.
But I flew Continental this morning & was pissed at the service there as well.
BTW, I never knew Dallas was a door from S. Amer.

- Jake

Oh sure! From Lima and other s.a. cities, there are AA flights directly to Miami and Dallas. So connections are thru

Another gateways are Houston and Newark, for Continental flights
Miami and LA, and I guess JFK too., for LAN flights

But the crowdest are always the Miami flights
Old 08-04-2004, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic
Oh sure! From Lima and other s.a. cities, there are AA flights directly to Miami and Dallas. So connections are thru

Another gateways are Houston and Newark, for Continental flights
Miami and LA, and I guess JFK too., for LAN flights

But the crowdest are always the Miami flights
Makes sense.

- Jake