Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-20-2005, 07:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: ... in the shadow of this strange, strong love of you

Well, when I was 13, my bedroom walls and locker door at school were plastered with Duran Duran (I was John Taylor girl).

I also went through a John Mellancamp thing with the Scarecrow album. Great fiddles.

Have always loved Madonna; listened to a lot of Pat Benatar in the late 80s and early 90s.

But Fleetwood Mac and Stevie have been there in full force since 1987. They're the only artists I've ever travelled to see (the first time I did that I thought I was the coolest kid in the world - I was 17). And they're the only ones I can listen to constantly, in any mood, and never grow tired of. Sure, there are phases of listening to other songs obsessively (right now The Killers' Somebody Told Me and Sarah Slean's Lucky Me are getting lots of play at my house) but they're always on shuffle with lots of Stevie and FM in there, too.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

....sum 41 good charlotte blink 182 nsync

Shut up ok? I was a naiive child. -_-
Old 01-20-2005, 07:48 PM
DeadliestPoison
This message has been deleted by DeadliestPoison.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadliestPoison
Well, I'm glad that you've gone far beyond that song, Kate.
<3
<3

I still have my Sum 41, GC and NSYNC posters. loto. They're all smashed up in the bottom of my closet, though. Woot.
Old 01-21-2005, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Nirvana. I admit it. I was one of those posers who latched on to the hype after he (sorry for the bluntness) blew his brains out with a shotgun.

I had about 4 or 5 Nirvana t-shirts, all sorts of cds and magazines, and my walls and binders (I was in junior high when this started) were plastered with pics and posters of Kurt Cobain. Everytime the Nirvana Unplugged was re-broadcast my a$$ was planted in front of the TV to watch.

I also was listening to groups like Alice in Chains and Stone Temple Pilots but Nirvana was it for me - at least for the three years between Kurt's death and the Mac's reunion. But once The Dance aired, the Nirvana posters came down and went in the trash, the cds were sold or given away and the T-shirts donated to Goodwill. Now I have Fleetwood Mac, Lindsey Buckingham, and Walter Egan pictures and posters plastered all over -- so many in fact that several had to go on the ceiling -- and I haven't looked back a day since.

As a matter of fact, I can't stand Nirvana now and when one of their songs came on I change the station or just turn it off . I never realized back then just how nasal Kurt Cobain's voice was! UGH!
Old 01-21-2005, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna
There will always be a soft spot in my heart for Careless Whisper
As nauseating as "Wake Me Up Before You Go Go" was, "Careless Whisper" is actually a beautiful song. I just bought Ladies and Gentlemen - The Best of George Michael and have a new found appreciation for him.
Have been trying to get more variety into my cd collection - I have nearly 400 cds but the collection is still mostly Fleetwood Mac and its various members and associates, and Tom Petty. Also picked up the Best of Marilyn Manson. How's that for variety?
Old 01-21-2005, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Ya know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vicky
Nirvana. I admit it. I was one of those posers who latched on to the hype after he (sorry for the bluntness) blew his brains out with a shotgun.

I also was listening to groups like Alice in Chains and Stone Temple Pilots but Nirvana was it for me - at least for the three years between Kurt's death and the Mac's reunion.
it's kinda ironic that none of the groups you mentioned are still around, Except for Pearl Jam no Seattle/Grunge band survived (STP were from San Diego so they do not count).

Nirvana ended when Kurt Go-Bang died (Or murdered depending on what ya believe), Layne Staley OD'd thus ending AIC (Who I still like) and STP technically disbanded (I am surprised the Scott Weiland has yet to OD...Which would effectively end Velvet Revolver.)

And I will make a prediction that the same fate will happen for the newer bands with the current style of music...They may be big today, but tomorrow no one will remember 'em except when ya see 'em behind the counter at Mickey D's when ya place an order (Make sure they ask if ya want fries with yer order, Then say "Hey werent you in that band ____, Man what happened, Did ya become this past year's faddy-flavor?" and laugh at 'em and announce to everyone in earshot in the restaurant who this asstard is for good measure )

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."