User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-21-2005, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
all I have to say is the San Diego Who? Oh yeah, The team the 1984 Detroit Tigers destroyed in the World Series.

Well in other sports news, Seems the NBA's New Orleans Hornets may have found a new home...In Oklahoma City!!!
Really? they might move ther?
Old 09-21-2005, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Yep...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachwood Mac
Where were the Cubs that year - oh yeah, they choked yet again (and to the Padres, no less) and sat in front of their TV's watching the series.
and watched with the rest of the world as the Tigers lunched on fresh Padre meat.

The Cards are the team to beat in the NL, So I dont see anyone other than the Cards being in the World Series from the NL.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 09-21-2005, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation An almost...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn
Really? they might move ther?
completed deal is in the works for the New Orleans Hornets to play some of their home games (If not all of 'em) at the Ford Center due to the situation in N'Orleans...It is a temporary deal, that could show the Major pro sport leagues that OKC can support and substain a Major pro franchise.

The NBA has already agreed that the Ford Center is the best new sports arena in the US built in the past 3 years, And is a logical choice...The official announcement is due at anytime according to OKC news sources.

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 09-21-2005, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
completed deal is in the works for the New Orleans Hornets to play some of their home games (If not all of 'em) at the Ford Center due to the situation in N'Orleans...It is a temporary deal, that could show the Major pro sport leagues that OKC can support and substain a Major pro franchise.

The NBA has already agreed that the Ford Center is the best new sports arena in the US built in the past 3 years, And is a logical choice...The official announcement is due at anytime according to OKC news sources.
You know, that's good for your city. Out of curiosity, how many people live there?
Old 09-21-2005, 11:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Doesn't matter who wins the NL, the AL will be world champions again.

Whether it be the Red Sox (who are fading), Yankees, Angels (my team!), A's (God forbid), White Sox or the Indians, the AL will win it all.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation OKC is about...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn
You know, that's good for your city. Out of curiosity, how many people live there?
the same size as New Orleans...Over a million people in population.

I laughed when Fleetwood Mac's 2003 show in the Ford Center outdrew all of their other 2003-2004 shows except for their Chicago area shows. With the Bricktown area growing and with the I-40 crosstown (The main interstate that runs next to the Ford Center) relocating 2 miles to the South in the near future, Downtown OKC will grow, With Bricktown becoming our version of San Antonio's "River Walk" district (We do have our own canal area already.)

Kinda funny, but the former Charlotte Hornets almost moved to OKC instead of New Orleans, But the NBA wanted a team back in New Orleans and we got the short straw...Besides, OKC wants a NHL team for our 21,000 seat arena (The Hornets will work for now.)