Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-22-2005, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Barflys

I was at the local watering hole the other night and this drunk dude tried to come onto me. This fellow is a well known shall we say man about town . and it got me thinking, why would anyone want to do anything with a loser like that. First of all, he mustve had his beer goggles on if he thought I was good looking , second, who knows what he has. But then like 15 min later I saw him leaving the bar and going to the hotel adjascent. I guess we all think with the little head once in awhile.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

LOL. Not related at all but...I went for a drink with my ex tonight and I took my lil sis with me. Shes only 17 (remember, drinking age in UK is 18) but he bought her a couple of beers, not a problem. Next thing I know, some dude old enough to be her FATHER is all over her at the pool table!!! Jesus, the man prolly has kids her age......beer+idiots = never good! Thinking with the "little head".....like it, David.

~Nicki
*~~*Never take it seriously. If you never take it seriously, you never get hurt. And if you never get hurt, you always have fun. If you ever get lonely, just go to the record store and visit your friends.*~~*

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Old 09-22-2005, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity
LOL. Not related at all but...I went for a drink with my ex tonight and I took my lil sis with me. Shes only 17 (remember, drinking age in UK is 18) but he bought her a couple of beers, not a problem. Next thing I know, some dude old enough to be her FATHER is all over her at the pool table!!! Jesus, the man prolly has kids her age......beer+idiots = never good! Thinking with the "little head".....like it, David.

~Nicki
EWWWW. Well, I'm sure he didnt know she was only 17. I'm curious whats the age of consent there?
Old 09-22-2005, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Age of consent is 16. So, yup shes an adult and all of that. If it were anyone else, it prolly wouldnt bug me so much, just cos shes my baby sister, ya know? Plus, its the first time my parents have allowed her out with me and I would hate for her to come to any harm. Altho, I know I taught her well and she would have scared any bloke who hit on her so bad he'd never look at another teenage girl again.
*~~*Never take it seriously. If you never take it seriously, you never get hurt. And if you never get hurt, you always have fun. If you ever get lonely, just go to the record store and visit your friends.*~~*

Old 09-22-2005, 05:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Age of consent is 16. So, yup shes an adult and all of that. If it were anyone else, it prolly wouldnt bug me so much, just cos shes my baby sister, ya know? Plus, its the first time my parents have allowed her out with me and I would hate for her to come to any harm. Altho, I know I taught her well and she would have scared any bloke who hit on her so bad he'd never look at another teenage girl again.
On another unrelated subject, I've been to your country 2 times, and I absolutely love it, my favorite in Europe.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh thank you. I love my country too. I hope to make it America next year once I graduate. Where do you recommend I visit? (Is it wrong that I could have come this summer but I wanted to wait till I was 21...I'm too used to being able to go to bars or buy bottles of wine over here....... )

~Nicki

Old 09-22-2005, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh thank you. I love my country too. I hope to make it America next year once I graduate. Where do you recommend I visit? (Is it wrong that I could have come this summer but I wanted to wait till I was 21...I'm too used to being able to go to bars or buy bottles of wine over here....... )

~Nicki
I highly reccomend Boston or Washington D.C. WHat part of the country are you planning to visit?
Old 09-22-2005, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've been looking at New York, Boston and California. I want to see New York so much, but I worry it'll fail compared to my expectations. Where abouts in the UK did you visit, btw? Did you come up North at all?

~Nicki

Old 09-22-2005, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I've been looking at New York, Boston and California. I want to see New York so much, but I worry it'll fail compared to my expectations. Where abouts in the UK did you visit, btw? Did you come up North at all?

~Nicki
Well, I pretty much stayed in the southern part. Bath, Stonhenge, Leeds Castle, Kent, Oxford, Warwick Castle, London, stuff like that. If youre going to California, my absolute favorite city is San Diego, no contest. the waether is always great there, and the Gaslamp District is fun to go through too.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: ... in the shadow of this strange, strong love of you

Quote:

~Nicki
Come to Canada! Drinking age in Quebec (province where Montreal is) is 18. It's 19 in most (if not all) of the rest of the country. You're set.

PS It's also a great country to visit!

"We're rock stars. We are not nice."
Stevie Nicks, the sage mother goddess fierce gypsy bitch we adore.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

David, if you come back you MUST visit Manchester. Capital of the North...its an amazing city. Altho I am biased!

Cat, my ex used to want us to move to Canada.....where are the major tourist things to do? If I'm coming over, I want to see EVERYTHING!!

~Nicki

Old 09-22-2005, 06:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Weird. At least he hit on you instead of getting really mad at you and telling you that you should probably leave.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 09-22-2005, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Weird. At least he hit on you instead of getting really mad at you and telling you that you should probably leave.
thats a good point. Or he couldve just hit me