Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-22-2005, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyRhiannon
We're all glad she's doing better, even if they'll have her on the IV and everything until her pancreas heals. Right now that's really what it's all about, the gall bladder seems to be an innocent bystander for the time being.
Nichole, what is the deal with the school and the laptop? Can it be supplied?

Old 09-22-2005, 09:52 PM
Ledgie

Nancy- I'm not sure, that's with the law school, last I heard, they're trying to get her one.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyRhiannon
Nancy- I'm not sure, that's with the law school, last I heard, they're trying to get her one.
I hope so. Having a computer makes a world of difference!

Old 09-27-2005, 10:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Update as of Sept. 27: OK, just got back from visiting Kristin. She looks relatively good and is in pretty good spirits. I've been a little confused about stuff in past updates but now I've got it down. In my defense, the doctors are as confused as hell too.

The cyst didn't cause the rupture. They don't know what caused the rupture. They thought it was the gall bladder and wanted to remove it, but now they've discovered it wasn't and they're probably going to leave it in. They thought it was stones but they haven't been able to find any. They realize now the cyst was a result of the problem - whatever that problem is, since they can't identify it.

So, at this point, they can't figure out what's wrong with her and they can't figure out what to do about it. All they know is that something is causing her pancreas to have the tear and the cyst, and that it has to heal itself for her to get better. So all they can do is feed her through an IV, deny her "real" food to let the pancreas "rest" for as long as it takes (they can't tell her how long that will be) and give her pain medication. Of course they are giving her every test they can to determine the problem but so far, no luck. Tomorrow she goes to another hospital to get something stuck inside of her gall bladder to make sure there aren't any tears in the tubing. Hopefully they will be able to find something, because if they can't figure out what caused the problem, it will be hard to rule out a relapse.

Because there is really nothing much they can do and because the insurance companies are getting impatient, they are sending her and her IV and her pain medication elsewhere. A family has volunteered to let her live in their basement. She is hoping to continue her studies online and still graduate on time (she's in her last year of law school). She will be essentially bedridden for quite some time.

If anyone would like to do something to help, PM me.

Last edited by sodascouts; 09-27-2005 at 10:49 PM..
Old 09-27-2005, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

One more thing:

She wanted me to thank Pattie, Amy, Kristine, Lorelei, Kiersten, and Deanna for their cards and gifts!

Old 09-28-2005, 12:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

thanks so much for the update Nancy, glad to hear she's a wee bit better. How damn frustrating tho to have confused docters as well!! Of course it's not their fault but it makes things so difficult to come to terms with, when there's no clear answer, dosn't it. Medical issues are so complicated!!!
All the best to her in the long road ahead, and good luck with the studies.
Old 09-29-2005, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Update as of Sept. 29: Doctors say, after further testing that finds her in worse shape than they thought, that Kristin won't be leaving the hospital for "awhile." Guess the insurance company will have to suck it up.

Old 09-29-2005, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts
Update as of Sept. 29: Doctors say, after further testing that finds her in worse shape than they thought, that Kristin won't be leaving the hospital for "awhile." Guess the insurance company will have to suck it up.
I'm sorry to hear that, hope she would get better soon.

Romy

Non vogliate negar l'esperienza
di retro al sol, del mondo sanza gente
Considerate la vostra semenza
fatti non foste a viver come bruti
ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza ~ Dante Alighieri, Divina Commedia, Inferno Canto XXVI
Old 09-29-2005, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I am sorry to hear that Nancy. Poor Kristin. Do they even know what is making her ill or have some kind of clue what it might be?
Old 09-29-2005, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD
I am sorry to hear that Nancy. Poor Kristin. Do they even know what is making her ill or have some kind of clue what it might be?
They know her pancreas isn't working right, but don't know why.

Old 09-29-2005, 11:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm sorry, Nancy.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:11 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
I'm sorry, Nancy.
Is there a medicine or treatement to work for the pancreas....or is the pancreas actually making her sick? I would imagine this has been a nightmare for everyone. My daughter was hospitalized in March and it took them 3 days to figure out what was wrong with her. I thought that was the longest time of my life. I simply cannot imagine what they have been through.

She's still in my prayers!

Kelly
Old 09-30-2005, 10:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

oh gosh - I feel so bad. Thank you for the update. I hope and pray she gets better soon.
Old 09-30-2005, 05:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeKindaMother
Is there a medicine or treatement to work for the pancreas....or is the pancreas actually making her sick? I would imagine this has been a nightmare for everyone. My daughter was hospitalized in March and it took them 3 days to figure out what was wrong with her. I thought that was the longest time of my life. I simply cannot imagine what they have been through.

She's still in my prayers!

Kelly
The pancreas is the problem. It infected everything around it. They don't know why it tore and it's too fragile to treat. They can't operate on it or really do anything other than try to find out what caused it to prevent it from happening again, and wait for her pancreas to heal itself and for the cyst to go away by itself.

Old 09-30-2005, 05:54 PM
amber
This message has been deleted by amber.
Old 09-30-2005, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh how sad...Although I do not know Kristin, she is most certainly in my prayers- as well as her family and friends. I am so sorry to hear she is going through this...