The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-11-2006, 11:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: under beautiful desert skies of the Tri-cities in WA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer99
Okay, this is one of the things that bugs me... the opinion that a woman is "selfish" if she wants to wait to have children, whatever the reason may be. There seems to be this belief that Brad wanted children right away, but Jennifer didn't, so she's selfish and got what she deserves. Whether or not children was the reason they broke up, if homegirl wasn't ready to have a child, then she was right to wait. Besides, if their marraige was so fragile that he couldn't wait a couple years to have children, or ran off with the first costar that turned his head then, IMHO, Jennifer is better off without him and it's a good thing they didn't procreate.

I agree with you. I honestly believe that the Jen and Brad marriage was kaput before Angelina showed up. Brad was getting older and he wanted a family. Jen wanted a movie career. To me, that is a deal breaker if she told him that she would start a family once Friends was over with. She has had what..........three movies out already? Sounds like she wasn't ready to be a mom but play Auntie Jen to Courtney's baby. He was unhappy and I think Jen was too with their marriage. I think the media just made it seem better than it really was.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: under beautiful desert skies of the Tri-cities in WA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC
I live in the state of NC, so I can only speak for my experience here. A healthy infant will usually take years to adopt. My husband and I are not eligable to adopt in NC b/c HE has an eleven year old son. I have no fallopian tubes (sorry if that's TMI) so obviously I can't ever get preg. But in NC, that makes no difference. I was told that the birth mother puts together a "profile" of what she wants in a prospective family. Traditionally, most birth mothers want a couple who have NO children.

All that aside, international adoption agencies are a bit more lenient in terms of age, financial status, and even whether or not you're a single parent (some countries allow that). You don't necessarily have to own a home.

I don't care WHAT my baby looks like or where she comes from- I'm just ready to find her!

I pray that will happen for you. I am a mother of three and a grandmother to one cute little grandson. I hope you and your husband are blessed with a child soon.
Old 01-12-2006, 08:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticGypsy
I pray that will happen for you. I am a mother of three and a grandmother to one cute little grandson. I hope you and your husband are blessed with a child soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze
Sweet. I hope you do find her soon.
Thanks to both of you. I'm sure once our whole process gets started, I will be flooding Chit Chat with stories and pictures. xoxo
Old 01-12-2006, 08:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17
I hate this "poor Jen" crap. If Brad is more happy with Angelina, then so be it. Why must he stay in a marriage for Jen? If it wasn't working, it wasn't working. Jen seems like a cold hearted bitch anyway.
I AGREE. I obviously didnt read the whole thread because I got to Curtie's post and said YEP, Im gonna second that motion

I personally didnt like the idea of Brad with Jennifer, I thought they were a mismatched (however beautiful) couple. Angelina has had her wild days but I think she's got lots of redeeming qualities and I am happy for her and Brad.
Especially since he's said he wants kids, and he's going to adopt her other ones.
I think he's a decent man, in spite of how this went down...
Old 01-14-2006, 05:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was annoyed by Brad& Angelina affair also because I am a Jen fan (more stupidly so, a Rachel Greene fan ) but I believe not only because he was still married but also because it was ANGELINA. , i.e. someone that people don't easily identify with, because of her wild life and looks. If he had left Jen (who is pretty but not really stunning) for an equally pretty and nice girl, noone would have talked about it that much.
I was annoyed because the Brangelina affair seemed to be (at least in the beginning) a bit shallow. I am not trying to pretend I know what's in their heads, but to me it was like Ultra Stunning Guy hooks up with Ultra Stunning Gal.
I think Brad and Jen was a far more sophisticated couple but if they could not get along, fair enough.
Old 01-14-2006, 10:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, publicly Jen has said the split has nothing to do with not wanting children, she does want them. I agree with you, Elie, it seemed shallow. But as time passes I can see that they share common passions. Plus Brad is pretty weird too so she is probably a better match for him. I just think she's going to rip out his heart and stomp on it is all. She's a philanthropist to children and strangers but I don't see that toward the men in her life. Also, from a psychological standpoint, not taking a break between relationships makes it all messy and usually dooms the new one. Getting pregnant right away is not the smartest thing to do either. Also, they would not come clean about the relationship which was very strange to me. When it is obvious that they are together they still won't talk about it? Or even acknowledge it? I just find the whole situation very bizarre. I wonder if they really are happy. If they are, well good for them, but I wouldn't touch that with a 99 1/2 foot pole. Not that they'd ever let me near them.
Old 01-14-2006, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze
Also, they would not come clean about the relationship which was very strange to me. When it is obvious that they are together they still won't talk about it? Or even acknowledge it? I just find the whole situation very bizarre.
I found that very strange (and a bit ridiculous) too! I mean what was with that?? They didn't want Jen to be hurt?? But everyone in the world knew it, so why not admit it and make Entertainement Channel happy?
Anyway, I hated the whole "Jen didn't want to have kids" stuff. Even if true, it was too private to become a public subject. And I read her Vanity Fair interview and thought it was so sad that she had to explain herself on that.
Old 01-14-2006, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm really not a fan of any of the parties involved but I wish them the best. I guess Angelina is my favorite of the three discussed, because she has a very wild streak to her that I find I relate to. Plus she does things on her own standards and she's quite captivating to people for some reason. I don't think she's anything special as an actress, I don't think she's "the most beautiful woman in the world" and I find her a bit arrogant and quite brilliant in the PR department...but she has a good heart and a wild streak and I like people like that.

Jen is cool. A little dull, but nice. I have never liked Brad Pitt or found the attraction others see in him. Of course, I'm the one who thinks Tom Cruise is disgusting as well, so... ...who cares?

Babies are great news imo and I am happy for them and their unconventional (and wealthy) selves. Bless them all.
Old 01-14-2006, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elie
I found that very strange (and a bit ridiculous) too! I mean what was with that?? They didn't want Jen to be hurt?? But everyone in the world knew it, so why not admit it and make Entertainement Channel happy?
Anyway, I hated the whole "Jen didn't want to have kids" stuff. Even if true, it was too private to become a public subject. And I read her Vanity Fair interview and thought it was so sad that she had to explain herself on that.
Do you have that article? I ordered the mag from Peapod only to receive the Martha issue, gag, and never got the actual issue. For some reason that mag is not carried in a lot of my local stores. It was sad she felt she had to explain herself and also surprising that she actually bothered to.

Brad and Angelina could have easily said that they began their uplanned romance, they know the timing is not the greatest, but they are happy and wish Jen the best. I don't know, anything, since it was so obvious they were together.

Oh well, I realize that it is my own stuff that makes this bother me, such as my ex fiance taking up with a friend immediately after we split. Even though our split was also "mutual" it hurt like hell.
Old 01-14-2006, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I'm really not a fan of any of the parties involved but I wish them the best. I guess Angelina is my favorite of the three discussed, because she has a very wild streak to her that I find I relate to. Plus she does things on her own standards and she's quite captivating to people for some reason. I don't think she's anything special as an actress, I don't think she's "the most beautiful woman in the world" and I find her a bit arrogant and quite brilliant in the PR department...but she has a good heart and a wild streak and I like people like that.

Jen is cool. A little dull, but nice. I have never liked Brad Pitt or found the attraction others see in him. Of course, I'm the one who thinks Tom Cruise is disgusting as well, so... ...who cares?

Babies are great news imo and I am happy for them and their unconventional (and wealthy) selves. Bless them all.
Well put, I guess it is time I let go of my disgust for them. It's gone!