Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-26-2007, 12:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
Cool --

If they see a middle aged, blousey male with a faded yellow feather in his hair singing "Lola, she was a show girl, but that was 20 years ago when they used to have a show" -- while supine and gravity challenged on a bar with strippers taking the last of his fortune - tell them to fight the urge to run away screaming and instead say hello
best. visual. ever.

but just so you know, if my mother and brother are ever at a strip club at the same time, the world will end. it just will.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
No, but if he had enough money and gave me a stipend, I'd marry one

Seriously, I just like facts and I do not see them here in the sense that Kerry could have picked up enough votes to take Ohio. Mind you, I voted for Kerry (though I really did not like him) and despise W.
You're really hellbent on drawing that conclusion. I post an article factually stating that election workers were found guilty in preventing a recount and here you come saying Kerry couldn't have won Ohio. Apple and oranges?

Last edited by gldstwmn; 01-26-2007 at 12:30 PM..
Old 01-26-2007, 12:29 PM
strandinthewind
This message has been deleted by strandinthewind.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
You're really hellbent on drawing that conclusion. I post an article factually stating that election workers were fuond guilty in preventing a recount and here you come saying Kerry couldn't have won Ohio. Apple and oranges?
There was LOTS of fraud documented in Ohio. But it all got swept under the rug. No one wanted to take it seriously. I think it was a mass denial that such things couldn't happen here. Well they did and there is plenty of data out there to support that. Mainly on lefty sites but you can't discount data regardless of its source. Facts are facts.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze View Post
. . . Facts are facts.
My point exactly and none show Kerry would have closed the 118,000 gap despite the fraud, which I find despicable.

On a similar point, I think the only way to verify that a correct vote is cast with a machine is to place fingerprints on the paper copy given to you as you exit. That will never happen though.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 01-26-2007, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: bouncing off the wall at you. being defined by the applause.

Quote:
No, but if he had enough money and gave me a stipend, I'd marry one

Seriously, I just like facts and I do not see them here in the sense that Kerry could have picked up enough votes to take Ohio. Mind you, I voted for Kerry (though I really did not like him) and despise W.
..you can take the boy outta Atlanta..but you CAN'T take the Atlanta outta the boy...
Old 01-26-2007, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
in silence, she says "Excalibur"

I, of course, am Lancelot
but of course.
Old 01-28-2007, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze View Post
There was LOTS of fraud documented in Ohio. But it all got swept under the rug. No one wanted to take it seriously. I think it was a mass denial that such things couldn't happen here. Well they did and there is plenty of data out there to support that. Mainly on lefty sites but you can't discount data regardless of its source. Facts are facts.
it's staggering. the book i'm reading right now makes me want to leap out the window.

Quote:
My point exactly and none show Kerry would have closed the 118,000 gap despite the fraud, which I find despicable.

On a similar point, I think the only way to verify that a correct vote is cast with a machine is to place fingerprints on the paper copy given to you as you exit. That will never happen though.
unfortunately you don't have the whole story, or you wouldn't say that kerry couldn't have closed the gap. the amt of corruption that occurred prior to, during, and after that election in ohio is un****ingbelievable. there were thousands of registrations, absentee ballots, and provisional ballots thrown out in heavily urban (read: democratic) counties. thrown out! registrations were not processed unless they were printed on 80 weight stock. unfortunately, the press release stipulating that was released after the columbus dispatch printed registration forms in the paper. also, registration cards distributed by blackwell's own office were 60 weight! blackwell also changed the law to state that provisional ballots could only be cast in one's own precinct, despite the fact that for the 2004 primary, it could be cast anywhere in one's county.

have you seen the absentee ballot for the 2004 election? i'll have to scan it. it's the same butterfly ballot setup that fukced up the 2000 election for florida. i could go on and on. the corruption was rampant. this case chris posted about is but a drop in the bucket.