The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-07-2006, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ No, but I did see her in the VS commercial singing!

"Santa baybee, slip ay stocking undur da tree for mee......"
Old 12-07-2006, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeschmike View Post
Dwight makes me laugh embarassingly hard. It's like Kitty Foreman's laugh from that 70's show, only lower...

I was crying during The Injury when Dwight goes to rescue Michael after he clamps his foot in his foreman grill. Best. ****. evarrrr.
OMG ... that episode. kills. me.

"i like to wake up to the smell of cracklin bacon!"
"i did not COOK my FOOT."
"pam ... i want you to rub butter on my foot."

plz.

Old 12-07-2006, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
^ No, but I did see her in the VS commercial singing!

"Santa baybee, slip ay stocking undur da tree for mee......"
omg ... you guys are such bitches.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:15 PM
Banned

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070201/nyth041.html?.v=75

Liz Claiborne Inc. Names Tim Gunn Chief Creative Officer
Thursday February 1, 7:00 am ET
New position will energize and revitalize the company's product focus

NEW YORK, Feb. 1 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Liz Claiborne Inc. today announced that Tim Gunn will join the company as chief creative officer, effective March 5, 2007. In this position, Mr. Gunn will be responsible for attracting, retaining and developing the creative talent within the Liz Claiborne Inc. portfolio of brands. He will report directly to William L. McComb, chief executive officer, Liz Claiborne Inc.
ADVERTISEMENT

Commenting on the announcement, Mr. McComb said: "Words cannot express how happy we are to have Tim on board as our 'Creative Dean.' His mission is twofold: return our culture to one that is friendlier to the creative process and help shape more competitive, consistent and compelling product. To be clear, this role is not that of master editor -- the divisions will continue to have full control of the brand positioning and product design. Rather, Tim will be a spokesperson for the creative community, a champion of product innovation, integrity and exceptional price-value and a catalyst for the creation of the irresistible product our consumers want and deserve. He is also charged with creating systems to further develop our creative community and scouting the market for great talent."

McComb continued, "While we knew of and had great respect for Tim through his work at Parsons, we like many Americans got to know him even better through Bravo's Project Runway. Tim knows we fully support his Bravo projects, including his own upcoming series 'Tim Gunn's Guide to Style.' In fact, it is his involvement in these initiatives and the design world at large that will help keep Tim vital in this new role."

Mr. Gunn said: "Though this is not something I had envisioned for myself, I jumped at the chance to serve as a mentor, advisor and sounding board for the design and merchandising community within Liz Claiborne Inc. The talent that currently exists at Liz is phenomenal and I am up to the challenge of harnessing and focusing such strength. Bill, Trudy Sullivan and their entire team are infused with contagious energy and I feel lucky to have the opportunity to contribute to a company with such a pioneering heritage and broad consumer reach."

Previously, Mr. Gunn served as the chair of the Department of Fashion Design at Parsons The New School for Design in New York City. He joined Parsons in 1982 and was associate dean from 1989 to 2000, when he assumed his current position. Since 2004, Mr. Gunn has been appearing on the Bravo television show, Project Runway, serving as mentor to the show's fashion designer contestants. Later this year, Mr. Gunn will also star in his own show on the network, "Tim Gunn's Guide to Style," based on his forthcoming book. (Weee! )

Liz Claiborne Inc. designs and markets an extensive range of branded women's and men's apparel, accessories and fragrance products. Our diverse portfolio of quality brands -- available domestically and internationally via wholesale and retail channels -- consistently meets the widest range of consumers' fashion needs, from classic to contemporary, active to relaxed and denim to streetwear. Liz Claiborne Inc.'s brands include Axcess, Bora Bora, C & C California, Claiborne, Concepts by Claiborne, Curve, Dana Buchman, Elisabeth, Ellen Tracy, Emma James, Enyce, First Issue, Intuitions, J.H. Collectibles, Juicy Couture, Kate Spade, Kenzie, Kenziegirl, Laundry by Shelli Segal, LIZ, Liz & Co., Liz Claiborne, Lucky Brand Jeans, Mac & Jac, Mambo, Marvella, Mexx, Monet, Monet 2, Prana, Realities, Sigrid Olsen, Soul by Curve, Spark, Stamp 10, Tapemeasure, Tint, Trifari, Villager and Yzza. In addition, Liz Claiborne Inc. holds the exclusive, long-term license to produce and sell men's and women's collections of DKNY® Jeans and DKNY® Active in the Western Hemisphere. The Company also has the exclusive license to produce jewelry under the Kenneth Cole New York and Reaction Kenneth Cole brand names.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

yay! go tim gunn!!! yayyyyyyyyyyy!
Old 02-01-2007, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I had heard about the new show, but not the new job. Does this mean he won't be helping the PR contestants make it work anymore?
Old 02-01-2007, 02:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
I had heard about the new show, but not the new job. Does this mean he won't be helping the PR contestants make it work anymore?
Oh no, he'll still be on PR, and have his new show. He just won't work at Parson's anymore.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i figured by "supporting his bravo projects" that meant he would still be participating in PR.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeschmike View Post
Oh no, he'll still be on PR, and have his new show. He just won't work at Parson's anymore.
which surprises me. wonder if they will keep using the Parson's school and plugging it every 5 ****ing seconds.

I'm uberexcited about his new show and book!