User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-03-2007, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
no, I haven't, but they just opened a Kiehl's in the mall so I may need to stop by. I don't normally have to swat away puffiness, it's the laugh lines I want to work on. do you find that Kiehl's works on fine lines?

here's something I've wondered for a while. for the past 1.5 yr I've been wearing my glasses to work every day since I have to stare at the computer all day long and contacts just don't cut it for that. do glasses increase/enhance dark circles and/or fine lines around the eye area? it sure seems like my eyes have gone to **** in the past year and I was just wondering...
Kiehl's tends to imply that the Cryste Marine eye cream is for "mature" skin, so I'm thinking that laugh lines would be one it's main targets. I use it because I like the thinkness of the product and I dont want to get any lines.
Right now, I don't have any lines on my face. Seriously. I will be 43 in November and I could easily pass for 32. Genes have a lot to do with it, but I also take very good care of my skin. I drink water all day long as well.

I have no clue about the effect that glasses have on the skin around your eyes but that's an excellent question for a dermatologist.

rbs
Old 08-03-2007, 12:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
no, I haven't, but they just opened a Kiehl's in the mall so I may need to stop by. I don't normally have to swat away puffiness, it's the laugh lines I want to work on. do you find that Kiehl's works on fine lines?

here's something I've wondered for a while. for the past 1.5 yr I've been wearing my glasses to work every day since I have to stare at the computer all day long and contacts just don't cut it for that. do glasses increase/enhance dark circles and/or fine lines around the eye area? it sure seems like my eyes have gone to **** in the past year and I was just wondering...
A friend of a friend of a friend of mine works for Unilever (that makes all kinds of personal products like Dove Soap, Ponds creams, Vaseline, etc.), and his area of focus is scoping out the competitor products in all price ranges. Surprisingly, he has come to the conclusion that the best products are made by Avon! In particular, he swears by Avon's microdermabrasion kits ($12) and their SPF moisturizers.

Also, there has been this hullabaloo in NYC over the Boots Restore and Renew (No 7) serum (http://bootsus.bri-global.com/main.a...id=22&iid=191). An article in a legit British medical journal documents a "real scientific" study in which it was found to be the only product that really worked at diminishing wrinkles. Accordingly, it has been sold out everywhere in town, and every time there is a new shipment, there are lines that stretch around the block to buy it. And the shizz is only $21.99 for a 1 ounce tube. I believe it's now only sold at CVS, but Target may start carrying it once they have ramped up production to meet the demand... Anyway, I'm dying to get my hands on some of this stuff...
Old 08-03-2007, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Kiehl's avocado eye cream is awesome! I'm not crazy about the cryste marine, I like their abyssine one better than the marine.

That Boots renew serum sounds awesome. Bruce just turned me on to the Kiehl's over-night revitalizing, somethin' or other peel. I like it so far - I use it every other night.

Jazzy - the salon products I mentioned - I've only been given tiny tubes of samples, or they've used 'em on me during a facial. So, I can't really comment on the long-term use of any of 'em. I just know that everyone's been raving about the Youth Complex.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^
thanks everybody!

I'm stopping by Kiehl's tonight.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs3676 View Post
Kiehl's tends to imply that the Cryste Marine eye cream is for "mature" skin, so I'm thinking that laugh lines would be one it's main targets. I use it because I like the thinkness of the product and I dont want to get any lines.
Right now, I don't have any lines on my face. Seriously. I will be 43 in November and I could easily pass for 32. Genes have a lot to do with it, but I also take very good care of my skin. I drink water all day long as well.

I have no clue about the effect that glasses have on the skin around your eyes but that's an excellent question for a dermatologist.

rbs
I'm 27 and I think I could pass for early 20s. I get carded all the time and I don't necessarily have lines. I guess I'm just OCD. I've taken really good care of my skin since I was 16...you know, sunscreen every day and all that, but I never really paid attention to the skin around my eyes before last year and I have noticed a change in my skin. I just want to be proactive I guess.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:57 PM
Senior Ledgie

I've had the Boots "Restore and Renew" for a couple months and have not noticed any positive results - it's available at Target in Los Angeles.....
However, I've used Avons Anew Retroactive face cream for years and LOVE it!!!!!
Old 08-03-2007, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Jaz - you truly do have a baby face. You definitely pass for early 20's.