The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-08-2003, 07:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey is the one true love of Stevie's life=:-)This is what I want to believe so I do believe it. Hehe=:-) Whether they are "in love" or not though I believe they care deeply for one another. You don't have a stormy relationship like theirs with a person you don't care about. I think one of the reasons Lindsey left the band was having to watch Stevie self-destruct on drugs. It was painful to him to watch it. He didn't know at the time she'd eventually kick the habit.

Personally I think it was rather rude of Mick to put that whole scene in the book-kinda like washing the family linen in public you know-what went on between the band members as people should have been private-think how embarrassing it must be to them now to have all this dragged out all the time. They've grown up, gotten off drugs and this is in the past for them now and I am sure they'd like to leave it there=:-)

I am sure there will always be friction between Lindsey and Stevie-they are both intense,creative, perfectionistic and yes, controlling=:-)But think of the beautiful music that comes out of that tension....

"We listen to their voices, ignoring our own voice" Stevie - SOTM
"I keep the dream in my pocket, never let it fade away" Lindsey - TITN
Old 04-08-2003, 08:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

no problem, David-Lindsay Rocks, glad I could help I knew that your original comments were in jest and meant to provoke so I tried to make my comments raw and honest and actually exposed something quite personal on this board. ~and boy, have I second guessed myself all day~

I actually edited my comments several times but I really could not remove them in good faith even though I knew it would amuse you because in the end, it's not about rebuking or amusing you. It's about being true to myself and my beliefs, and successfully speaking out for any others who felt as uncomfortable as I did. Domestic violence has always been a very important subject to me, and if you give me a platform, I will always ascend the soapbox....

PC-politically correct. what really is this pc??? yes, it can be hard to speak out in these modern times especially with humor. Humor often does hinge on one person's pain being another person's entertainment. A slip on a banana peel is funny to everyone except to the person who's back is now in traction. A tack on the teachers chair is great fun, except for the tetanus shot needed later.

Well since we're doing the "for the record" thing, I just want to reiterate to readers that I take FULL credit for my comments, and I want to thank those of you who were kind enough to deliver the reaction I was looking for. You guys took the bait, and quite frankly, I'm having a nice little laugh over this one

Good, always express yourself regardless of pc. But I may just call you on it, and believe me, David-Lindsay Rocks, I'm not trying to be pc nor am I asking you to be pc...I'm just giving you my Marge Simpson "MMMMMM"

I remember a man when he said to me
He said, "What do you do?"
I sing...

S. Nicks

Photobucket

www.myspace.com/bellafigura64

Last edited by Bella Figura; 04-08-2003 at 09:03 AM..
Old 04-08-2003, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Les
All of the hubbub around this whole story seems to driven in equal parts by the little bits that we know happened along with bits of things that we, with all of our various biases, want to believe happened.

I don't expect to ever know what really happened, and on some level, I don't really want to. I guess I don't really thrive on scandal so much.
You're so right - I don't want to believe Lindsey is violent, so I've been trying to figure out ways where that's not true. I really admire and respect Lindsey and it would be really hard to continue doing so if I thought he was like that.

So here's what I tell myself: the "Rhiannon" bit was an isolated incident due to the circumstances surrounding the end of the mammoth Tusk tour; Carol Ann and Mick were exaggerating; Stevie attacked Lindsey and not the other way around (not that she deserved to be hit, as hilarious as doing cruel things to her is - oh, and I didn't know about the tripping. Man, that doesn't make Lindsey look cruel so much as it makes him look completely LAME!); he'd never do anything like that again. I belive that that's possible and I choose to give Lindsey the benefit of the doubt.

On Christine: She's beautiful, just a different type of beauty. Stevie has a sexier aura but Chris is still lovely. I guess some guys will never go for that but some guys do. She's certainly not ugly, however, by any stretch of the imagination. I wouldn't be suprised if sometime during the Rumours merry-go-round Christine got to ride Lindsey, lol, but I don't buy that it happened during Tango and that it was his burning love for her that made him leave. I think it's obvious the "creative reasons" were the main ones, as well as what he's also stated about not being emotionally able to stay in a group with Stevie anymore.

On Iovine: Stevie has a thing for men who produce her music. lol

Last edited by sodascouts; 04-08-2003 at 10:19 AM..
Old 04-08-2003, 10:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: I thought...

Quote:
Originally posted by Mad4stevie
I knew that they were an item, but I didn't realize the depth of that relationship, if that is, in fact, the case. Was this post Jimmy Iovine? And what happened with Joe?
The relationship with Joe was apparently very heavy & very serious. Stevie wanted to marry him. Iovine was pretty much out of the picture romantically at that point. You can hear Stevie talk about being in love with Joe on the 1991 BBC radio interview. She fell in love with Joe right at the beginning of the Wild Heart Tour, when he & his band opened for Stevie. "Long Way to Go" is about the breakup & post-breakup with Joe. There are more interesting quotes from Stevie's friends about Joe in the "Everything You Always Wanted to Know" book.
Old 04-08-2003, 10:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by EnchantedStorms
He always seemed a bit controlling to me.
A producer does have to exert some control over the sessions. That's why they call him a producer & not an engineer.
Old 04-09-2003, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
There are more interesting quotes from Stevie's friends about Joe in the "Everything You Always Wanted to Know" book.

Anyone have this or care to share...or where can i get the book?

"I walk on stage, I'm very strong, I'm still pretty cute and I rock." -Stevie Nicks
Old 04-09-2003, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by David
A producer does have to exert some control over the sessions. That's why they call him a producer & not an engineer.

Over the sessions, yeah. Over Stevie herself, no. And that was just the vibe that I got from all that she's ever said about Iovine. Not that that's really the way he was....who actually knows? Like I said, he's probably a really nice guy.

~Angela~
Old 04-09-2003, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by sodascouts
I belive that that's possible and I choose to give Lindsey the benefit of the doubt.
Y'know, the public gave Dahmer the benefit of the doubt.
Old 04-09-2003, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default MY 600TH POST!!!!

Quote:
Anyone have this or care to share...or where can i get the book?
It's out of print, but I believe there's a petition on burnish.net you can sign to have it reprinted, or maybe I saw it on sararhiannon's site, I don't remember.

It goes for a pretty high price on ebay - $70 and up.