Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-30-2010, 04:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
LOL, I love it.

Does your vibrator incident involve your 3 year old finding where you stashed yours in the closet and bringing it to the HVAC guy? Because once that happens, you realize that safety-proofing the house, besides covering the wall sockets and plastering Mr Yuk stickers all over every available surface, also includes putting any items of such interest WAY THE F*CK UP HIGH ON A SHELF.

Ahem.

Mr. HVAC Guy, if you are reading this, I'm still real sorry about that.
haha! haaahhaahah! lmao! I'll type out the story tonight. It's pretty funny. I can't wait to traumatize her about it when she's older.
Old 03-30-2010, 05:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1998 View Post
haha! haaahhaahah! lmao! I'll type out the story tonight. It's pretty funny. I can't wait to traumatize her about it when she's older.
Have mercy! Oh god! It'll stay with her for the rest of her life, don't rake up the horrible memories I've still not got over it

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 03-30-2010, 05:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
OMG! The closet thing. Sara was about 8 is when she found out there was no Santa. Actually, it started with Easter. I guess she found the basket in the closet without me knowing. Of course, I hid the basket on Easter Sunday and when she found it, she asked me where the basket was from the Easter Bunny. I told her, "That is the basket from the Easter Bunny!" "Nuh Uh mom! That's the one from the closet that's been there for the past week!" I couldn't come up with any excuse on the fly, so I told her I am the Easter Bunny! She didn't like that one bit. Poor kid started crying and asked me about Santa. I told her I'm Santa too, and the tooth fairy. I'll tell you what... LMAO! She started bawling even harder and yelled at me, "You LIED, mommy, you LIED to me!!!" Once she went to her room and slammed the door, I couldn't help but to crack up at her. Poor kid was pretty traumatized.

I should tell you guys about the vibrator incident soon.
It's funny you say that - in a recent interview with Andrew Denton, Richard Dawkins revealed how perplexed he is that most kids are so complacent about the fact that their parents have actively lied to them about Santa, Easter Bunny etc. (although they're often less than amused about the fact they doesn't exist). I think I was somewhat annoyed my parents had lied to me, and that I was always appreciating/thanking the wrong people for the gifts for so long, but I didn't actually care that much about it all... just briefly went a bit silent from memory.
Anyway, my sister (7) has been saying this for a good few years now, whenever she tickles my brother (9):
"Tickle tickle tickle! Smile little boy!"
It just sounds weird to me whenever she says it...
NB. Not necessarily in that order...
Old 03-30-2010, 07:04 PM
Registered

Quote:
Can't wait to hear it. At least I know I'm not alone with that one. It's never happened again, though - I am VERY careful about where the...er...toys...live now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
It's funny you say that - in a recent interview with Andrew Denton, Richard Dawkins revealed how perplexed he is that most kids are so complacent about the fact that their parents have actively lied to them about Santa, Easter Bunny etc. (although they're often less than amused about the fact they doesn't exist). I think I was somewhat annoyed my parents had lied to me, and that I was always appreciating/thanking the wrong people for the gifts for so long, but I didn't actually care that much about it all... just briefly went a bit silent from memory.
My kids weren't upset with me because I never actively told them any of that stuff was real. When they'd ask, I'd say, "What do you think?" instead. For a little while, they'd say, "It's real!" but eventually were like, "Yeah, no."

I am trying to teach them to be freethinkers that can use logic & reason & their own instincts to determine what's what, whether it's Santa or religion or whatever.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 03-30-2010, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sara and the vibrator. Heh.

First off, she was 4, and has no recollection of the incident. Secondly, it wasn't mine. We were at a good friends house... (not sure which is worse, finding mine or my friends!)

Okay, so the girls, Sara and Shelby, were playing in the back bedroom. We thought they were in Shelby's room. Anyhow, Melinda and I were in the living room talking, TV, something. Melinda was sitting in a position where she could see the hallway leading to the bedrooms. I had no idea what was going on until after it happened! All of the sudden I hear Sara come out complaining about something, and then Melinda literally sprang up from her chair and went running down the hallway! I was so confused. She came back in tears, laughing hysterically. I guess Sara was walking down the hallway, vibrator not only in her hand, but turned on, holding it up against her cheek, complaining that "She-e-elb-b-b-y's try-y-y-yin-g-g-g to
ta-a-a-ake this toy-y-y away-y-y from me-e-e-e-e-e!"

I smile everytime I fast forward 15 years, and I get to tell this story at her wedding reception.... haha!
Old 03-30-2010, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaha oh christ!
Old 03-30-2010, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
My kids weren't upset with me because I never actively told them any of that stuff was real. When they'd ask, I'd say, "What do you think?" instead. For a little while, they'd say, "It's real!" but eventually were like, "Yeah, no."

I am trying to teach them to be freethinkers that can use logic & reason & their own instincts to determine what's what, whether it's Santa or religion or whatever.
I told Sara about Santa and the Easter Bunny just as much as any parent, I suppose. Religion is hers to figure out for herself, though. Santa and the Bunny aren't a big deal, but I think religion is a very personal decision. She's asked my what my views are, and I simply explained to her I believe there is a God, but I don't believe in organized religions. She's asked me if I would be mad if she tried reading a Bible, and I gave her my childhood Bible and told her it was up to her if she wanted to, and to draw her own conclusions. She goes to church with a friend every once in a while... It's just something I'm going to let her experiment with and figure out for herself. I had part of my family trying to cram it down my throat and I didn't like it one bit.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
^ haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaha oh christ!
I know, right? This is the same friend that would have sex toy parties. She got so much free and discounted product, she nearly filled a trash bag with it. The same trash bag that ripped, while she was moving, in the middle of the living room, in front of God and everyone. Good times... goooood times....
Old 03-30-2010, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know, right? This is the same friend that would have sex toy parties. She got so much free and discounted product, she nearly filled a trash bag with it. The same trash bag that ripped, while she was moving, in the middle of the living room, in front of God and everyone. Good times... goooood times....
HAHAHA.

that's awesome.

OT, but i once lost a "toy" while moving. still have no idea who or what ended up with it.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:30 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Sara and the vibrator. Heh.

First off, she was 4, and has no recollection of the incident. Secondly, it wasn't mine. We were at a good friends house... (not sure which is worse, finding mine or my friends!)

Okay, so the girls, Sara and Shelby, were playing in the back bedroom. We thought they were in Shelby's room. Anyhow, Melinda and I were in the living room talking, TV, something. Melinda was sitting in a position where she could see the hallway leading to the bedrooms. I had no idea what was going on until after it happened! All of the sudden I hear Sara come out complaining about something, and then Melinda literally sprang up from her chair and went running down the hallway! I was so confused. She came back in tears, laughing hysterically. I guess Sara was walking down the hallway, vibrator not only in her hand, but turned on, holding it up against her cheek, complaining that "She-e-elb-b-b-y's try-y-y-yin-g-g-g to
ta-a-a-ake this toy-y-y away-y-y from me-e-e-e-e-e!"

I smile everytime I fast forward 15 years, and I get to tell this story at her wedding reception.... haha!
LMFAO. Oh my god.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

sorry to bump, but my brother just told me the funniest things!:

i was playing "Mirror, Mirror" in my room, and you know how the beginning sounds like a news theme? My brother comes in and goes:
"Stevie Nicks is on the news? I thought she was a waitress?"

I laughed so hard, and then he follows up with:
"Miranda, i'm on a roll! But the hot dog is on a bun!"

SN: 4/6/11
I met my angel: 3/31/09
Old 04-23-2010, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel95 View Post

i was playing "Mirror, Mirror" in my room, and you know how the beginning sounds like a news theme? My brother comes in and goes:

BAHAHAHA!
How old is your bro,
He is so random...
Old 04-23-2010, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowi View Post
BAHAHAHA!
How old is your bro,
He is so random...
he's 10....he should actually act more mature than he is now, but whatevers....people mistake him for 8 haha

SN: 4/6/11
I met my angel: 3/31/09
Old 04-23-2010, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel95 View Post

It seems my pure awesome has been outdone... Obviously I should be taking lessons from your brother - he sounds extremely witty!
NB. Not necessarily in that order...