The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Peter Green
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-15-2010, 12:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Peter Green playing in the states?

I was hoping by now that since Peter Green successfully toured most of Europe, and Australia (which is on the other side of the world), America would be a walk in the park. Logically I'm guessing that since Peter Green never broke through with Fleetwood Mac in the states (because he didn't stay another six months, if he had it would've changed everything), Peter Green and Friends feel it would be a wasted effort, and a loss of income. What do you know Mario?

Last edited by slipkid; 05-15-2010 at 12:13 AM..
Old 05-16-2010, 04:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default wishing

I too would love to see Peter in the states.
That being said, it would be a little more complicated for him to tour here because of many logistical and booking issues. A lot of the venues are sewed up by big companies. There would have to be advance publicity . He is not the legend that he in in UK and Europe here in the US

While he should sell out NY, Chicago, LA and SF Smaller venues. It would require a sales job elsewhere due to lack of appreciation and knowledge. I think if they could get the right promoter it could happen but they would really want to do it. I personally wish this happen.

is there a chance?
Old 05-17-2010, 01:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodyhead View Post
I too would love to see Peter in the states.
That being said, it would be a little more complicated for him to tour here because of many logistical and booking issues. A lot of the venues are sewed up by big companies. There would have to be advance publicity . He is not the legend that he in in UK and Europe here in the US

While he should sell out NY, Chicago, LA and SF Smaller venues. It would require a sales job elsewhere due to lack of appreciation and knowledge. I think if they could get the right promoter it could happen but they would really want to do it. I personally wish this happen.

is there a chance?
You're missing Boston, and possibly Philadelphia. I know Boston would sell out for Peter Green. Since FM played the Electric Factory twice for one visit in late '68, Philadelphia will be a harder sell. Yet Philly is very open for great music, and they aren't knee-jerk fans, despite the sports fan-base.

Last edited by slipkid; 05-20-2010 at 11:38 PM..
Old 05-17-2010, 06:15 PM
Ledgie

I would think (or maybe that should be hope) that PG &Friends would do well at smaller Blues Festivals around the states. They aren't so corporate and usually handled on a local level. Of course, I could just be thinking about the Sarasota Blues Festival.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder if Peter would consider the Telluride Blues & Brews Festival in Colorado? (Sept 17 - 19)

http://www.tellurideblues.com/

They need 3 headliners, and now they're scrambling for a Friday headliner after ZZ Top cancelled out of their commitment. B.B. King is the main headliner for Sunday. They're also promising another big-name headliner, to be announced in August.

The Mick Fleetwood Blues Band was originally listed to appear at this festival, but now I don't see them listed -- I don't know what's up with that.

I'd love to see Peter and BB at the same festival! (Throw in Mick & Rick, and I might just have to sell my house to buy airfare and a ticket! )
Old 07-03-2010, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimer View Post
I wonder if Peter would consider the Telluride Blues & Brews Festival in Colorado? (Sept 17 - 19)

http://www.tellurideblues.com/

They need 3 headliners, and now they're scrambling for a Friday headliner after ZZ Top cancelled out of their commitment. B.B. King is the main headliner for Sunday. They're also promising another big-name headliner, to be announced in August.

The Mick Fleetwood Blues Band was originally listed to appear at this festival, but now I don't see them listed -- I don't know what's up with that.

I'd love to see Peter and BB at the same festival! (Throw in Mick & Rick, and I might just have to sell my house to buy airfare and a ticket! )
We'd make a party out of it OldTimer!! I think I'd have to try to move heaven and earth to get myself there as well were it to happen! As it is I'm very disappointed that I won't be able to go see BB and Buddy Guy at a venue here locally in August. Just can't do it due to a whole list of factors but I'd love to. I've seen BB but not Buddy in concert and having both on the same bill is an opportunity I may never get again, but it just won't happen unfortunately.
Old 07-17-2010, 05:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question PG in Muontain Home, Arkansas august 1st.....

What is this?

http://eventful.com/performers/peter...01-000156125-1

How is this logistically possible?

Ms Moose
Old 07-18-2010, 03:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default highly unlikely

the venue has the same name as the one above it
this site looks like a scalper site which might still sell you tickets to see johnny cash live

doodyhead
Old 07-18-2010, 03:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default somebody mis typed

the two events are on the same day and some dutiful computer person posted the schedule.
in doing so the brickyard is the place where Peter Green and friends is playing the location was most likely selected in error and had to be typed in again. they were not able to or did not bother to delete the first posting.

no offense to anyone in Arkansas, but you would really have to struggle to find a more obscure venue.

I can't imagine how many airplane/ train/bus/car connections Peter would have to make to do that one show and go back home
Old 07-18-2010, 04:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Red face It's a Duck*

Quote:
no offense to anyone in Arkansas, but you would really have to struggle to find a more obscure venue.

I can't imagine how many airplane/ train/bus/car connections Peter would have to make to do that one show and go back home
I thought it sounded a bit far away - but still you never know.... I saw this on PG and Friends facebookpage, and thought that at last there was an opening for you american "devotees". Some poor guy there wrote that he has bought tickets for this venue. Let's hope he is a local resident

Anyway I hope PG and Friends find time to go to the states sometime.....Australia is far away from England too, even though USA might have a more complicated logistical and booking issues (as you wrote earlier).

*I don't know if this term is used in English, but in danish it means "when a wrong story is pushed by the press (media).

Ms Moose
Old 07-20-2010, 12:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Moose View Post
I thought it sounded a bit far away - but still you never know.... I saw this on PG and Friends facebookpage, and thought that at last there was an opening for you american "devotees". Some poor guy there wrote that he has bought tickets for this venue. Let's hope he is a local resident

Anyway I hope PG and Friends find time to go to the states sometime.....Australia is far away from England too, even though USA might have a more complicated logistical and booking issues (as you wrote earlier).

*I don't know if this term is used in English, but in danish it means "when a wrong story is pushed by the press (media).

Ms Moose
Peter Green did a mini-tour of Australia, one can fly to New York from London in a third of the time. Does Mike Dodd feel that Peter Green would not be accepted in the states? I'll refrain from my rants, but I think Peter Green would be well received in the US. Personally I'd love to see Peter Green play at the new Electric Factory in Philadelphia, as he, and FM played two nights back in 11/68. It certainly changed Rick Vito's life, and he later replaced Lindsay Buckingham in Fleetwood Mac.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default peter green the student

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipkid View Post
I was hoping by now that since Peter Green successfully toured most of Europe, and Australia (which is on the other side of the world), America would be a walk in the park. Logically I'm guessing that since Peter Green never broke through with Fleetwood Mac in the states (because he didn't stay another six months, if he had it would've changed everything), Peter Green and Friends feel it would be a wasted effort, and a loss of income. What do you know Mario?
Peter did spend some time in the US after he left fleetwood mac. He enrolled in a college in vermont for a semester or two and traveled about in the states on his own.

I am thinking that the band is jelling and they are seeing if Peter is willing to continue to be the "Wandering Minstrel". I think you really need to have the wanderlust to want to tour week in and week out. I do hope he comes here while he still has the will. i do not think money is the driving force. It never was before.

vinnie c
Old 07-24-2010, 03:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I am thinking that the band is jelling and they are seeing if Peter is willing to continue to be the "Wandering Minstrel". I think you really need to have the wanderlust to want to tour week in and week out. I do hope he comes here while he still has the will. i do not think money is the driving force. It never was before.

vinnie c
As it is or looks now, he seems to get more and keen on touring. Even playing the same songs over and over again - which he used to hate. I don't know if he actually needs the money, like he did in the eighties. But I suppose the band has to get paid... He might have developed some kind of ideosyncracy towards The States. The concerts there was cancelled when Splintergroup... split ()? I don't know. It would be nice with some more information.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default no fly list

this is a joke really but who knows these days

a lot of people have been put on a no fly list going to the states for pretty stupid reasons

given past history.......who knows

bernadette devlin still can't come into US.

doodyhead