User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-27-2003, 10:51 AM
Ledgie

Default Lindsey's "co-producers"

Hmmmmmm,
Does anyone know anything about Richard Dashut or Ken Callait? And why Richard didn't help out with Say You Will? Richard and Lindsey did such an awesome job with Lindsey's masterpiece Out of the Cradle that I would think Lindsey would want his continued help and input.
Unless Richard and Ken are just recording engineers; and since FM recorded Say You Will in a rented house rather than a studio or Lindsey's garage, that maybe their help wasn't needed.
Anyone know?
Thanks,
Chris
Old 05-27-2003, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I know Ken wasn't asked to come back after Mirage, cause him and Lindsey started butting heads or whatever.

I don't know what's up with Richard though.
Old 05-28-2003, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't have a clue what's happened to those two, but I'm glad that neither were involved in producing Say You Will. It's about time LB became the Mac's sole producer.

Old 05-29-2003, 09:03 AM
Senior Ledgie

some of LB's songs on SYW were originally co-produced back in the 90's by Rob Cavallo, who was producing Green Day...John Shanks co-produced SN songs, he had worked with her on her last solo album.
Don't know what happend to Ken and Richard. Ken hasn't been with them for a while.
Old 05-29-2003, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by seteca
I don't have a clue what's happened to those two, but I'm glad that neither were involved in producing Say You Will. It's about time LB became the Mac's sole producer.
Not to be nitpicky, but L.B. did have a little bit of help from Rob Cavallo and John Shanks on a few of his tracks, including "Peacekeeper" and "What's The World Coming To"... his two newest contributions to the album.

But he was the sole producer of Stevie's tunes, so the band definitely seems to be moving in the direction of Lindsey being their only producer.
Old 05-29-2003, 03:53 PM

Is is just me or is the production somewhat uneven from track to track? For instance, Illume seems to be mixed with a lot of highs--you know, that acoustic guitar sound? I always have to fiddle with the treble button on that one. Also, Red Rover starts out considerably low, then explodes. Seems the volume could have been handled a little better.
Old 05-29-2003, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
Is is just me or is the production somewhat uneven from track to track?
Seems the volume could have been handled a little better.
I agree, Carne (ooh... those are words you don't hear every day! ).

"What's The World Coming To" starts off sounding muddled and thick, causing me to raise the treble levels... but then I have to knock them down for everything that follows.
Old 05-29-2003, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
I agree, Carne (ooh... those are words you don't hear every day! ).

Holy crap!!! Do my eyes deceive me?

Next thing ya know, the Israelis & Palestinians will be singing "We Are The World" hand-in-hand; Bush & Bin-Laden will be BBQing together at Camp David; the Red Sox & Yankees' fans will be praising each others' teams!
Old 05-30-2003, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by chiliD
Holy crap!!! Do my eyes deceive me?

Next thing ya know, the Israelis & Palestinians will be singing "We Are The World" hand-in-hand; Bush & Bin-Laden will be BBQing together at Camp David; the Red Sox & Yankees' fans will be praising each others' teams!
Hot dog! What's the world coming to?

Well, Johnny Stew, you and I already agree on a lot of political matters. One of these days you'll see the light on the musical stuff too.
Old 05-30-2003, 10:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, just to let you guys know, Rob Cavallo is Warner Bros A&R and he is in the Lindsey BTM talking about The Dance sales+tour. Then you se him in the footage of WTWCT recording where he is beside Lindsey on the console.

He worked with Lindsey before The Dance and then came back for SYW I guess.
Old 05-30-2003, 11:23 AM
Ledgie

Default Oh yeah

That is right. I read how Lindsey wanted to work with Rob Cavallo because of his work with Greenday. Greenday being what it is: a return to punk, I see the natural tendency Lindsey has toward them.
I just miss Richard Dashut. He and Lindsey always collaborated together very well. Maybe Lindsey wanted a new direction.
And oh yes, you can tell the diference in production between songs like "Ilume" and "Thrown Down". TD has that definite Lindsey production with the guitar riff he created. Hey, shouldn't he get co-writing credits for stuff like that?!
Old 05-30-2003, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
Well, Johnny Stew, you and I already agree on a lot of political matters. One of these days you'll see the light on the musical stuff too.
Ah, but dear Carne, I already have seen the light!

Nicks & Buckingham are both tops in my book. They're Rock & Roll's greatest example of the Yin & Yang dynamic, each as integral to the balance of nature (Fleetwood Mac/music in general) as the other, while being almost complete opposites.

Granted, some of us are more fascinated by the Yin... others by the Yang... but it's all good.

Last edited by Johnny Stew; 05-30-2003 at 02:47 PM..
Old 06-02-2003, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
Not to be nitpicky, but L.B. did have a little bit of help from Rob Cavallo and John Shanks on a few of his tracks, including "Peacekeeper" and "What's The World Coming To"... his two newest contributions to the album.

But he was the sole producer of Stevie's tunes, so the band definitely seems to be moving in the direction of Lindsey being their only producer.
Of course you're totally right......I should have said "Dude in charge" instead of "producer".