User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-05-2006, 11:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickypt
I thought the same thing! But then he said "oh my god". Which I take to mean, oh my god, how could this have possible happened.

Is that what he said? I did think I heard (or maybe lip read) the "Oh", but wasn't sure exactly what he said because they quickly panned to the winners.

made by dissention
Old 03-05-2006, 11:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: In a dream. looking through a crystal glass or a piece of crystal or a diamond or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireSister
not sure about the person who wrote the original short story.
I'm almost positive that she is straight. Oh, but I'd better not get into another discussion about speculating on someone's sexual orientation!
Old 03-05-2006, 11:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: In a dream. looking through a crystal glass or a piece of crystal or a diamond or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer99
Is that what he said? I did think I heard (or maybe lip read) the "Oh", but wasn't sure exactly what he said because they quickly panned to the winners.
I should clarify...it looked like he said "oh my god" (I can read lips pretty well being hard of hearing). But I don't know for sure.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sorry, but this is a total joke.

I will now repeat my conspiracy theory that I posted when Crash was announced as a nominee. I said that there is a conservative element in the Academy that wouldn't want a man-on-man love movie to win, and would push Crash as the winner so that it couldn't get accused of bigotry.

There is no way that Crash was the best picture of the year. This is a disgrace in my humble opinion.
Is it possible that it wasn't a conspiracy against homosexuality and that the members of the Academy just thought Crash was a better movie? Trust me I'm the first person who would root for a same-sex themed movie to win an academy award (being that I'm gay) but I'm not totally convinced that the reason it lost was because it was a gay-themed movie.

I honestly didn't think BBM was the most incredible movie ever deserving of best picture but then again I don't think Crash was either. BBM was really good but not great. JMO.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Guys? Since when were the Oscars about who (or what film) was most deserving of accolades? It's all about politics and popularity and has been at least for as long as I've been watching it.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:44 PM
Senior Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna
Dolly Parton has totally crossed that plastic surgery line

Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by PhotobucketRead or listen to her autobiography and you'll see that she had her first surgery because her breasts were too large, not because she wanted large breasts...that's a misconception. She is indeed the first to admit she's had a lot of work done to stay "stage or show worthy" and it is expected of her. What would she be without her made up face and "ample" yet reduced bosom? NOT DOLLY! Image hosting by PhotobucketRead the articles I just posted, the new song "Travelin' Thru" is a bit autobiographical in itself as she sees it...she pokes fun at herself. Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by PhotobucketHere's some clips in her own words from her audiobook:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X1TWUFIW
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W7K4VHT5

Image hosting by PhotobucketHere are some of Dolly's (and mine!) favorite Bible verses (don't mean to get all spiritual on you, but she is a Christian as am I - and yes...some of us are quite Liberal! Image hosting by Photobucket), as I think it applies here... "Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned..." Luke 6:36-38

Image hosting by Photobucket

We didn't inherit the Earth from our parents...
it was loaned to us by our children!

Image hosting by Photobucket
Old 03-05-2006, 11:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Whatever credibility the Academy had has gone out the window. Ick.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Is it possible that it wasn't a conspiracy against homosexuality and that the members of the Academy just thought Crash was a better movie?
Your theory is probably more valid than mine, but I just can't help but question this decision.

Roeper just said that Crash was a more important film than BB Mountain. That's BS, the messages are equally important.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm still pissed Walk the Line wasn't nominated for best picture. It was my favorite movie of the year and I'm not even a Johnny Cash fan (well at least I wasn't before the film).
Amen, Sister.

I haven't yet dared go to the Joaquin board to see just how pissed off the members are about PSH's win for Capote. It's probably real ugly over there.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation When did they...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer
Whatever credibility the Academy had has gone out the window. Ick.
ever have any credibility to begin with? Always seems to me this is Hollyweird's yearly political fiasco in movies.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 03-05-2006, 11:50 PM
MoonChilde

Default Dolly?? what have you done

What has Dolly done to herself??? She has had way to much done to her face!!! I love Dolly..but sorry she looked like one of those puppets on a string her face didn't and can;t move.
and was this the night for necklaces on the actress's?? Did anyone else notice that most of the actress's weren;t wearing much jewlery?
Old 03-05-2006, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Your theory is probably more valid than mine, but I just can't help but question this decision.

Roeper just said that Crash was a more important film than BB Mountain. That's BS, the messages are equally important.
If there was a conspiracy against homosexuality, then the academy wouldn't have given BBM jack-sh*t. jmho
Old 03-05-2006, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Both of our theories are possibilities and you have every right to question the decision. I'm just trying to give another point of view.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
ever have any credibility to begin with? Always seems to me this is Hollyweird's yearly political fiasco in movies.
It was pretty miniscule.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
You and Miss Vicky have given me a badly needed splash of cold water. I hate the Oscars and my favorites weren't even nominated. I wasn't even a BB Mountain freak. I can't believe I'm getting all worked up over this.