Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
^^^

Moreover, why would any Christian rejoice in anything other than the words of Jesus, the one and only source of redemption. Instead, they rejoice in someone being in Hell for all of eternity. Christ certainly never rejoiced at that. If anything, he lamented that and tried to show the world that forgiveness is the way to be righteous. I have often said that if Jesus were alive today, I think He would be horrified by what is being done in His name. In fact, what is being done in His name ironically is exactly what was done to Him.
I? Love you. This is so true. I hope Heath rests in peace, and I hope the Aussies will kick those "religitards" (thanks Brian) asses. Such bull****.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1998 View Post
I? Love you. This is so true. I hope Heath rests in peace, and I hope the Aussies will kick those "religitards" (thanks Brian) asses. Such bull****.
That woman who represents them was on the national broadcast top 40 station earlier tonight. Oh my god what a nutcase. She was calling not just this gay caller but all the presenters such nasty things and they politely stayed relatively calm (she was just screaming the word "fag" and whatnot at them constantly) until the very end when one of the presenters had enough and said “I’d rather be in hell than be a big, fat, whore bigot like you”. It's the top 40 for kids and teenagers when that kind of agression is censored but for this woman they let it slide and said that the only time they'll let calling someone a whore pass because she deserved it. She hung up on them which is even more pathetic, one insult her way and it won't be tolerated.

They won't be able to kick her arse though 'cause when they asked if they'd come to Perth to protest she said she wouldn't go anywhere near that filthy country. Ha. Such a lovely woman. She's not worth the time of day but that their message could reach his family and upset them further makes it worth it to stone her before she gets a chance to attend this memorial thing for him in the US which she says she'll be attending. And the Oscars she said she'd protest at 'cause they'll honour him. It's one thing at a citizen's funeral but at a superstar's memorial, she's going to encounter masses like she won't have before and might be in for a surprise.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Someone should hit them up with some molotov cocktails.

Just sayin'.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In spite of working in the mental health field and seeing bad, horrible things quite frequently, this almost has me speechless. I don't have anything more to add to what everyone else has been saying- I'm just amazed and horified by the behavior of the people in that cult and that a-hole on Fox news. What the hell is *wrong* with people??
Old 01-24-2008, 12:32 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
Someone should hit them up with some molotov cocktails.

Just sayin'.
That guy is ****ed up! I don't understand why some still believe that being gay is a choice. I mean really....now that supposively we are more accepted-it is easier for young-uns to identify and accept their sexuality and live as they are comfortable(I myself because of how I was raised-wouldn't even consider it until I was 36). It is not gays that need to change-it's society that has to. We all have a right to be who we are-live and let live. Someone has to pounce on that puritan asshole!! Not to mention-this man wasn't even gay, he portayed a gay man living in a time and place that you just couldn't be....and he did a fabulous job of it. Leave him alone.

Last edited by Mywyldhrt; 01-24-2008 at 12:35 PM..
Old 01-24-2008, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Could those Phelps nuts ever turn violent? I wonder whether law enforcement keeps tabs on them.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Can we start a site fagshatephelps.com???
Old 01-24-2008, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1998 View Post
Can we start a site fagshatephelps.com???
Better yet.. how about "Peoplehatingphelps.com".. ?? LOL

There is magic all around you everytime you walk in the room.....
Old 01-24-2008, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I guess the email and uproar worked - John Gibson apologized. Personally, I think he carefully chose his words and is still an a$$ -- after all, Gibson was still joking about it today and before issuing this statement.

I have received comments regarding remarks I made on my radio show the other night after the shocking death of Heath Ledger.

I'm sorry that some gay groups and others took my comments as anti-gay and insensitive.

I'm aware that Ledger has a family and many fans, who were grief-stricken by his sudden death. As I speak, a crowd is gathering at the funeral home where Ledger's services will be held.

Those who knew him say he was a good actor and a loving dad and what happened to him was terrible, but was evidently an accident.

Once again, to anyone offended by my comments, I'm sorry. But I'm also sorry that Heath Ledger is no longer alive and with us.

And that is My Word.

www.foxnews.com

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 01-24-2008, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's such a tragedy. He was so young and talented.

Romy

Non vogliate negar l'esperienza
di retro al sol, del mondo sanza gente
Considerate la vostra semenza
fatti non foste a viver come bruti
ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza ~ Dante Alighieri, Divina Commedia, Inferno Canto XXVI
Old 01-25-2008, 07:03 AM
trackaghost
This message has been deleted by trackaghost.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Seems to me like his death was probably an accident. Many medications (typically painkillers & sleeping pills) can cause your breathing to slow. When you take similar types of meds around the same time, it can compound this effect. That coupled with pneumonia? God, what a shame.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

These people calling themselves Christians really upsets me. It's one thing to have your beliefs about what's right and wrong -- as Christains should -- but causing this kind of sorrow to a bereaved family is about as un-Christian as it gets.

I have particular Christian views regarding homosexuality and abortion that are unpopular but I would never dare to presume to know what a person's destiny is or to judge people. That's between the individual concerned and God, nobody else.

Seriously .... not all Christians are like that!
RIP Heath.

Last edited by Sahara; 01-26-2008 at 08:40 PM..
Old 01-26-2008, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is such a shocking and terribly sad thing. I really liked Heath Ledger as an actor, particularly in "Brokeback" and "Casanova." He seemed like a very good father to his child and a very decent person. It's such a shame when people who have so much to give are gone too soon. My deepest condolences to his family and friends. This is no doubt an extremely difficult trial for them and I really hope the press can respect their privacy during this time.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 01-28-2008, 07:12 PM
Banned

this is very sad news. he was so talented too.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
. . .

I have particular Christian views regarding homosexuality and abortion that are unpopular but I would never dare to presume to know what a person's destiny is or to judge people. That's between the individual concerned and God, nobody else.

Seriously .... not all Christians are like that!
RIP Heath.
I agree with you in that anyone is free to think what they want and to follow whatever religion they want. It is when people use religion to deny everyone the same rights that it gets all messed up and IMO unChristian like. When did Christ ever say the govt. had to sponsor His teachings. He didn't In fact and to the contrary, He said to give Ceasar (the govt.) what what was due it. But, like you said, not all Christians, thankfully, are like these crazies.

save the cheerleader - save the world