The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-19-2014, 10:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

well I think Mick's financial "crisis" this time around is his divorce. Seems like Lynne might have gotten a sizable chunk of his fortune and he'd like to recoup it.
Old 11-20-2014, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
so out of curiosity I posted a question about this to Dashut when this first came up. He's just gotten to answering it, and despite his earlier protestations that the current tour was NOT all about money, he seems to finally admit the cash grab is indeed a big motivator for much of the band:

Anonymous: Stevie seems to have her knickers in a knot about doing another Fleetwood Mac album after the current tour. She says she can't say whether she will "feel like" doing an album with them when the tour is over or not. What do you make of this? Body language on tour lately seems to indicate some friction between her and Lindsey. (Despite their professionalism, they're human and emotions do show). They were all about how they'd finally resolved differences last tour. WTF do u think is going on??

Dashut: I haven’t seen any of the recent shows lately so assuming what you are saying is correct, (because I have heard this from many others who have seen the show now) I believe we could be seeing signs of conflicting schedules in the future. I know Stevie has a busy solo career going on with her popularity seemingly greater than ever. She probably has many opportunities on her own in the new year and is perhaps feeling frustrated with what I now call “Tour Creep”, or the natural ability of a Fleetwood Mac tour to go on endlessly, making money all the way, which is hard for the other band members to resist. The feeling she could be “trapped” in a successful tour, may be keeping her from her own future vision at a period of life when time is of the essence. After all, she is an artist first. Don’t bet against a new Fleetwood Mac album with Stevie on it, I still believe they will work things out and give history what it wants. This is just my opinion, and my opinion only and take full responsibility for the comments that shall surly follow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Could be that Stevie has not said she's on board with recording is because she knows Mick will probably want to extend the tour into 2016 so they can promote the new album...She's already committed to 3 years of FM and changed her recording schedule to accommodate the band...She simply might want time off...
As I posted earlier...I wonder if this is closer to the reason behind her reluctance to commit to another FM project maybe it has a little less to do with LB and more to do with the never ending FM plans..Let Stevie take 2 years off then FM can come back in 2018 with a final album from the five as well as a farewell tour...
Old 11-20-2014, 07:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
As I posted earlier...I wonder if this is closer to the reason behind her reluctance to commit to another FM project maybe it has a little less to do with LB and more to do with the never ending FM plans..Let Stevie take 2 years off then FM can come back in 2018 with a final album from the five as well as a farewell tour...
2018?! Good god, no. There's no reasonable reason why we should have to wait that long. 2016 is already too far into the future. It's been decades, damnit. She's in or out. I want new songs!
Old 11-19-2014, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedeerocks View Post
I don't think Chris's motivation for returning was for money and attention for her but I do think that Mick motivated her to come back for his financial gain.
Really? Have you seen pictures of her lately? She's the happiest woman in the world being back in the band. Compare her recent pictures to 1997. She couldn't fake it to that degree.

Quote:
And as far as a tour so soon after the last one?Maybe Mick figured he better "get it while the gettins' good"-that is,before she changes her mind.Just an angle my brain took..
Why is it always Mick? Lindsey's the one who publicly stated in interviews that his wish was to finish the (2013) tour, record an album, and go back on the road without a break for solo albums/tours.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-19-2014, 11:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Really? Have you seen pictures of her lately? She's the happiest woman in the world being back in the band. Compare her recent pictures to 1997. She couldn't fake it to that degree.

Why is it always Mick? Lindsey's the one who publicly stated in interviews that his wish was to finish the (2013) tour, record an album, and go back on the road without a break for solo albums/tours.
True those are Bucky's wishes but Mick is notorious for being a greedy mofo.And this tour is clearly a mega money grab tour.Even Lindsey said very unenthusiactically prior to the start of the tour that the "setlist is a no brainer"yawn,yawn....
Old 11-20-2014, 12:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
True those are Bucky's wishes but Mick is notorious for being a greedy mofo.And this tour is clearly a mega money grab tour.Even Lindsey said very unenthusiactically prior to the start of the tour that the "setlist is a no brainer"yawn,yawn....
I'm sure Lindsey would rather have been touring behind a new album, but THAT certainly was not Mick's fault.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-20-2014, 05:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think Chris's motivation for returning was for money and attention for her but I do think that Mick motivated her to come back for his financial gain.Everyone knows he's a greedy mofo and he has said that he loves to spend and has been bankrupt too many times to remember.Chris,being a good friend,said "ok,I'll bail you out-AGAIN"- hence the tour title,lets get "on with the show".And as far as a tour so soon after the last one?Maybe Mick figured he better "get it while the gettins' good"-that is,before she changes her mind.Just an angle my brain took..
I don't know, I'm just not willing to become that cynical about the whole thing. I know that Mick likes his money but I don't think that he masterminded the "On With The Show" tour, including cajoling Chris into coming back. I really believe it happened organically, and that it was Chris wanting to come back to the band that changed everything. I can't see her being persuaded to return by anyone, it must have come from her.

The decision was then made to tour. Why waste any time when John has had cancer, and they are in their late 60's and Chris 71. They probably knew how difficult and possibly lengthy it would be to complete an album, and decided the most sensible thing was to get out on the road, while they are still fit enough to do it.

I think going straight out on tour makes a lot of sense. Not great for the fans that want new music, but probably the best decision for the band and all the casual fans that would like another chance to see them live. I still believe a new album will happen, but we'll just have to wait.

Maybe I'm naïve, but in my eyes this band doesn't tour solely for monetary reasons. FM is a huge part of their lives, they are committed to their art, and they love performing.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:00 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
I really believe it happened organically,.

planning a world wide tour takes about a year to plan out not a few weeks , this was in the making for some time
Old 11-20-2014, 08:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
planning a world wide tour takes about a year to plan out
And you know this how? They can do that in a matter of a few weeks or months and can add dates as they go along. Happens all the time.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-20-2014, 08:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
They probably knew how difficult and possibly lengthy it would be to complete an album, and decided the most sensible thing was to get out on the road, while they are still fit enough to do it.

I think going straight out on tour makes a lot of sense. Not great for the fans that want new music, but probably the best decision for the band and all the casual fans that would like another chance to see them live. I still believe a new album will happen, but we'll just have to wait.
Another thing to consider is that they may independently release the next Fleetwood Mac album. A tour like this would surely help fund something like that.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 11-20-2014 at 08:46 AM..
Old 12-25-2014, 05:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default More musings about why there is no new album from me, a Ledgie

Stevie Nicks has probably already heard the 8 new songs Lindsey, Mick and John recorded together in 2012. How do I know this? I know because when we first heard about how everyone just wants two new songs and not a full-length album from Stevie, we also heard from Lindsey that she had chosen one song and he had chosen the other.

For Stevie to choose a song, it would be reasonable to presume that she listened to all eight new songs which Lindsey wrote and recorded with Mick and John who were apparently playing their arses off on all eight of those songs. Ergo, she would be fully aware that Lindsey has at least five or six songs polished and ready to go for the much-anticipated Fleetwood Mac album of 2015 which was indeed announced by Liz Rosenberg (Fleetwood Mac's publicist) before the current tour, with no release date disclosed.

Anyone making excuses for Stevie Nicks at this point is really clutching at straws and probably are blinded by how great they perceive Stevie to be...it is wilful blindness from lifelong Stevie Nicks fans, frankly.

There are six songs out there that Stevie has heard and that she knows were deliberately recorded in her key so that her voice can easily be added in to the mix for that half-dozen batch of new Lindsey Buckingham penned songs.
Her voice was added to Sad Angel very well and also Miss Fantasy, although she was not very prominent in the mix on the latter track.

It is not ignorance of all the work Lindsey and Christine have done that is stopping Stevie from participating in a new Fleetwood Mac studio album.
It is selfishness because she believes that all fans want from the band is a world-wide arena tour and as she said in 2012 or 2013, everyone just wants two new songs, apparently. Now I'm sure there are thousands of fans who want 12 or 14 new songs!

That means a new album, Stevie! If you think we only want 2 new songs, that's fine. You can contribute the bare minimum of 2 new Stevie Nicks-penned tracks to Fleetwood Mac's next studio album and you can add your voice in to the mix on Lindsey's six new songs and Christine's four new songs. Then we will have 12 songs and you can put the three-quarters done already Fleetwood Mac album out by May 2015! Sheesh! It only took one or two days for Stevie to complete her contributions to Extended Play...she has plenty of free time over the festive season to meet Lindsey and Christine and to fill in the gaps on the three-quarters done new studio album by Fleetwood Mac.

These things are obvious to most fans and music critics, but somehow Stevie's arrogance is blinding her to the true wishes of her loyal fans who helped her to make her fortune and to find her fame in the first place.
Old 12-25-2014, 08:43 PM
Ledgie

Thumbs up

Anyone making excuses for Stevie Nicks at this point is really clutching at straws and probably are blinded by how great they perceive Stevie to be...it is willful blindness from lifelong Stevie Nicks fans, frankly.

I seem to remember when Christine wasn't around Stevie would say she would never make another FM record without her. Now that she is back I don't understand why she is so reluctant.
Over the last several years she always seems to be the one dragging her feet and derailing a new album.

I agree, it is time to stop...
Old 12-25-2014, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say You Will View Post
Anyone making excuses for Stevie Nicks at this point is really clutching at straws and probably are blinded by how great they perceive Stevie to be...it is willful blindness from lifelong Stevie Nicks fans, frankly.

I seem to remember when Christine wasn't around Stevie would say she would never make another FM record without her. Now that she is back I don't understand why she is so reluctant.
Over the last several years she always seems to be the one dragging her feet and derailing a new album.

I agree, it is time to stop...
If our suspicions are true and Stephanie Lynn really does not want to participate in her band's studio work, the least she could do is be honest and publicly admit it.

She went on and on in 2012 and 2013 about how "everyone just wants two new songs, so we're giving them 2 songs"...despite her belief that fans of the band do not appreciate new music being erroneous ...she could quite easily record 2 or 3 new songs with Mick, Christine and John in the space of two weeks probably.

Look how fast she recorded 24 KG for crying out loud! She is a prolific writer who confesses to writing in her journal every day since age 14 or thereabouts.

I believe that it is highly likely that Stevie has written new material. The potential names of her two new tracks were revealed on Fleetwood Mac News blog for a fleeting moment and I think that was before Christine rejoined. One song was called My Mother's Rings. I wonder about Carousel if she wrote it and gave the song to Vanessa, or if it was the other way around.

Anyway, I Don't Care was all written in 2014 apart from the chorus and the Mike Campbell instrumental track.

She has Mike Campbell of all people sending her instrumental tracks, she writes new stuff every single day of her life apparently and still she doesn't know if she'll ever be on board for a new studio album by Fleetwood Mac?

Give me a break. It is time she showed some loyalty to Mick and John for taking her in, even when they only wanted Lindsey and some loyalty to Lindsey for talking Mick and John around. Not to mention Christine who had the final say on Stevie joining the band at the very end of 1974.

Also there are the thousands of fans who pay good money for her records and her concerts who feel like chopped liver the way she treats us, expecting our loyalty while giving us no brand new product since 2011. 24 KG was great but we had already heard 14/16 songs online before its release.
Old 12-26-2014, 12:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Skip says he doesn't know whether he'll ever be return to the warehouse job.

This thread reminds my of my issues on that last job.

I had a chat with my ex boss last night and I think he wants me to return to my warehouse job.

He wants to meet up with me for coffee maybe over the weekend.

My issue there was a few of the clowns that I always had issues with.One retired .One other is still there.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016