Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-11-2010, 02:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Blizzard!

Hey there, greetings from the great white north... Literally. As I type this, we have already had 5 inches of snow fall in just the last 3 hours. I made home from the bf's place about 25 miles from where I live, but not without 3 spinouts in front of me on the freeway! They say this strom is going to be one of the ALL TIME top 5 snowfalls here with about 20 inches of snow falling here by Saturday night. Then as if that wasnt enough, winds are blowing in excess of 30 miles an hour and temps are going to fall to -10F by Saturday evening! Oh btw, anyone wanna come for a visit?
Old 12-11-2010, 03:00 AM
Nikolaj
This message has been deleted by Nikolaj. Reason: I think it's below, too!
Old 12-11-2010, 03:02 AM
Registered

Makes me want to pop in a Mary Tyler Moore Show dvd to watch, snowy Minneapolis seemed to drive several of the plots. I have years 1 and 2 on DVD and have yet to be able to watch more than 2 episodes of it, and always liked the show.
It's snowing here tonight in CT, also.
Guess December will do that here and there.
Enjoy
PS In one post, you mention your boyfriend, "20 inches" and "blowing"
Just sayin
Old 12-11-2010, 03:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
Makes me want to pop in a Mary Tyler Moore Show dvd to watch, snowy Minneapolis seemed to drive several of the plots. I have years 1 and 2 on DVD and have yet to be able to watch more than 2 episodes of it, and always liked the show.
It's snowing here tonight in CT, also.
Guess December will do that here and there.
Enjoy
PS In one post, you mention your boyfriend, "20 inches" and "blowing"
Just sayin
What was really dissapointing is that I went over there earlier and we went out to dinner, but when we got back to his place for well, you know... The snow was already bad. SO since I have to work later today I decided to go home. Thanks old man winter for costing me a chance to get laid! Oh well. I'm going to see him Sunday night after work.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Ok, I've officially just done the coolest thing Ive ever done in my 39 years on this earth! It's not too cold yet, about 20F right now so I decided to venture out for a walk. I walked a half mile up to the streetlight by my house and back for a mile total and being out in the heavy snow with no sound and just me and the falling snow was so incredibly peaceful.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:54 AM
Registered

That does sound awesome.
Did you toss your hat up in the air and hear a "Meow" at the end?

DavidMN, I don't mean my comments snidely, please don't think that I do!
It sounds like a wonderful walk in a winter wonderland. If not for my Alprazalam* really kicking in, I'd go out and get the feet cold and wet, too.
*it sounds like something to give to a Saint Bernard for energy to bounce off the walls, but it's just generic Xanax.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
That does sound awesome.
Did you toss your hat up in the air and hear a "Meow" at the end?

DavidMN, I don't mean my comments snidely, please don't think that I do!
It sounds like a wonderful walk in a winter wonderland. If not for my Alprazalam* really kicking in, I'd go out and get the feet cold and wet, too.
*it sounds like something to give to a Saint Bernard for energy to bounce off the walls, but it's just generic Xanax.
I'm not offended in the least! It really is amazing when the snow is falling as heavily as it is here right now and to be out in it.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I just don't know how people can tolerate the long bitter winters like Minnesota has. More power to you, Dave! The daytime highs are in the 70s here right now, and I'm STILL ready for Spring to roll around so I can start swimming again!
Old 12-11-2010, 04:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I just don't know how people can tolerate the long bitter winters like Minnesota has. More power to you, Dave! The daytime highs are in the 70s here right now, and I'm STILL ready for Spring to roll around so I can start swimming again!
See, to me as a lifelong Minnesotan, I CANNOT imagine a Christmas without snow. I love winter. It's in my blood! There's also this benefit: with all the below zero and snow days, tehre's more time to listen to Stevie and Lindsey and anticipate their new releases even more!
Old 12-12-2010, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Well David, look at what you have done now ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
Hey there, greetings from the great white north... Literally. As I type this, we have already had 5 inches of snow fall in just the last 3 hours. I made home from the bf's place about 25 miles from where I live, but not without 3 spinouts in front of me on the freeway! They say this strom is going to be one of the ALL TIME top 5 snowfalls here with about 20 inches of snow falling here by Saturday night. Then as if that wasnt enough, winds are blowing in excess of 30 miles an hour and temps are going to fall to -10F by Saturday evening! Oh btw, anyone wanna come for a visit?
Sure it was an innocent little posting about how lovely the snow can be at this time of year ....

But now you have caused the worst natural disaster to hit North America in six months ....

Just because you wanted to state how nice it is to take a 1 mile hike in the snow ....

I hope you are happy ....

Just look at the conditions right now at Soldier Field in Chicago .... (Go Pats),

My goodness it looks like Toronto in July .... (eh ?),

You should be ashamed of what you have caused ....

Also,

Your indiscretion has caused the Transportation Minister in Scotland to quit his post .... due to a 2 day shutdown of the highway from Glasgow to Edinburgh, caused by your lovely snow, (all 2 inches of it),

Anyway, I hope you are happy ....

BTW,

This snow event had better not interfere with my plans this week to go to Vegas, (staying at the Aria; comp), &, also heading to LA, (The Joint, to see the Waddy Wachtel Band, for the 2nd time, including Brett Tuggle, Jimmy Paxson, &, Al Ortiz), this Friday the 17th of December, (see y'all there),

Old 12-12-2010, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeof27 View Post
Sure it was an innocent little posting about how lovely the snow can be at this time of year ....

Just because you wanted to state how nice it is to take a 1 mile hike in the snow ....

You should be ashamed of what you have caused .... the highway from Glasgow to Edinburgh, caused by your lovely snow, (all 2 inches of it),

Anyway, I hope you are happy
I know this is all tongue in cheek but he said there was 20.7 inches of snow. That's almost 2 feet, not inches.

Here's video of the roof caving in: http://msn.foxsports.com/video/shows...a-20ed0a175567

Last edited by vivfox; 12-12-2010 at 10:46 PM..
Old 12-15-2010, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default How are things in the Great White North now ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeof27 View Post

But now you have caused the worst natural disaster to hit North America in six months ....

Just look at the conditions right now at Soldier Field in Chicago .... (Go Pats),

My goodness it looks like Toronto in July .... (eh ?),

You should be ashamed of what you have caused ....

Also,

Your indiscretion has caused the Transportation Minister in Scotland to quit his post .... due to a 2 day shutdown of the highway from Glasgow to Edinburgh, caused by your lovely snow, (all 2 inches of it),

Anyway, I hope you are happy ....

BTW,

This snow event had better not interfere with my plans this week to go to Vegas, (staying at the Aria; comp), &, also heading to LA, (The Joint, to see the Waddy Wachtel Band, for the 2nd time, including Brett Tuggle, Jimmy Paxson, &, Al Ortiz), this Friday the 17th of December, (see y'all there),

David,

I do hope that you realize I was posting in jest,

hopefully the aftermath of the storm has not been too bad for you,

the findings here are that while initially the snow is quite beautiful, it can be a "beach" to clear all of the white stuff, &, can be quite deadly ......

watch the heart-rate when clearing .....

g.