Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-23-2018, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
for completeness sake, here's a part of that conversation:

Elle Llew
There’s a video of Lindsey speaking day after Musicares about his and Mac plans which directly contradicts what you’ve been told Ken. Someone is lying to you.

Ken Caillat
Well that’s possible, But the person that told me was very close to the source and has never gotten it wrong. But either way it doesn’t bother me in the least people have to be allowed to do what they have to do and I wish them the best in whatever they decide
Haha! Nice way to shut the conversation off!

So the source's source is telling the truth but Lindsey isn't?
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-23-2018, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder if it’s the same source that told him that Christine was flying to Hawaii with Mick, and then a day or two later that she was going to be playing with Mick’s band? Let’s not forget a year earlier that he told the world that his book brought back Christine’s passion for the music, which turned out to be the true.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-23-2018, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Can someone transcribe exactly what Lindsey says when he starts to get in the car? Not what the fans are saying. Between them and the construction noise it is not clear. It did sound like he was delaying his solo album and was instead going to do a Best Of?
Old 04-23-2018, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
Can someone transcribe exactly what Lindsey says when he starts to get in the car? Not what the fans are saying. Between them and the construction noise it is not clear. It did sound like he was delaying his solo album and was instead going to do a Best Of?
He says he was goint to put out a solo album in April, but he's instead going to do a best of and do a bunch of dates in with the FM tour. So he was planning to do his solo tour and FM tour at the same time and his solo dates in between FM dates. Then he says he's planning to put the solo album out like a year from now, meaning next January.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 04-23-2018, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
He says he was goint to put out a solo album in April, but he's instead going to do a best of and do a bunch of dates in with the FM tour. So he was planning to do his solo tour and FM tour at the same time and his solo dates in between FM dates. Then he says he's planning to put the solo album out like a year from now, meaning next January.
Thanks. I could not hear him mention the time frame. I could hear fans asking about the time frame, but could not clearly hear him say it.
Old 04-23-2018, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ken hasn't been a member of the band's inside circle for a very long time so he was probably just misinformed.

Lindsey said during the interviews promoting BuckVie that his album was going to be RELEASED this year and that seems to be where the trouble started from (releasing the album/doing solo shows for it), so the idea that he would ask for two whole years just to finish it is ridiculous.

And major props to whoever took that video!
Old 04-23-2018, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Ken Caillat, Rumours producer extraordinaire, chimed in on the topic of LB firing while in the middle of talking about some drone today:

Ken Caillat
The way I heard lindsey demanded nobody go on tour and make money but rather wait two years for him to finish a solo album. Stevie said your solo album is not going to sell and I’m not getting any younger if you don’t want to go don’t. Considering they’re all in their 70s now and John may still be fighting cancer, It feels like it might have been a mutually beneficial arrangement for everyone. Stevie was happy to put Mike Campbell to work coming from Tom Petty’s camp. Neil Finn should be very exciting Singing Lindseys vocals.
Maybe it’s a win-win for everyone is Fan’s getting new music and a different tour. Maybe Neil and Mike will be the new spark for the old Fleetwood Mac?

several fans informed him there's a video of LB which directly contradicts the lies somebody must have told Ken. he backed off when directly asked.

so, considering some keep demanding to hear directly from Lindsey what his plans were, our own @frozenlove graciously decided to share a video of Lindsey talking to fans on January 27, 2018, about a week before he was [first?] fired from FM, which makes it very clear what his intentions were, corroborates what Rick Turner said, and completely discredits lies apparently now spread by Ken, and probably others.

1. your album isn't going to sell. Nice. Though of course it fits with her "nobody buys albums anymore"

2. I'm not getting any younger. It's about me, people.

3. Stevie happy to put Mike to work. In her band. Coz it is. Make no mistake.

4. Neill singing Lindsey vocals. Well there's your answer about if they'll do LB songs.

I don't see this as a win-win, but very much as a lose-lose. But whatever.

Seems like she's the one who made the ultimatums-- 1) if you don't want to go, don't go. 2) And then to the band-- it's me or him..... you go with me now, or go with him two years from now (the implication being, without her then coz she ain't getting no younger. Which, to be fair, that part is definitely true for all of them).

I don't see him in that video at all suggesting they should not tour as FM, but that he's holding off the solo album till next year and will put out the best of and do shows essentially in support of THAT in between the Mac shows.

I guess I can imagine him putting out an alternative option of just not touring as FM til he can get all his solo sh&t together but given his demeanor in the vid I can't see him presenting that as a serious option but maybe like half joking "hey, you could wait till I do my solo stuff" you know, like you waited for Stevie to do hers which meant we couldn't do a FM album......

Ken's comments seem to suggest the spin things will take. the line "mutually beneficial arrangement for everyone" i.e. they'd all make money on a big Mac tour and then go do your piddly little solo stuff.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 04-23-2018 at 10:44 PM..
Old 04-23-2018, 11:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I don't see him in that video at all suggesting they should not tour as FM, but that he's holding off the solo album till next year and will put out the best of and do shows essentially in support of THAT in between the Mac shows.

I guess I can imagine him putting out an alternative option of just not touring as FM til he can get all his solo sh&t together but given his demeanor in the vid I can't see him presenting that as a serious option but maybe like half joking "hey, you could wait till I do my solo stuff" you know, like you waited for Stevie to do hers which meant we couldn't do a FM album......

Ken's comments seem to suggest the spin things will take. the line "mutually beneficial arrangement for everyone" i.e. they'd all make money on a big Mac tour and then go do your piddly little solo stuff.
agree. i think Ken's comments may be the best indication of a story we will hear on Wednesday. but i guess we'll see soon enough!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-23-2018, 11:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
1. your album isn't going to sell. Nice. Though of course it fits with her "nobody buys albums anymore"

2. I'm not getting any younger. It's about me, people.

3. Stevie happy to put Mike to work. In her band. Coz it is. Make no mistake.

4. Neill singing Lindsey vocals. Well there's your answer about if they'll do LB songs.

I don't see this as a win-win, but very much as a lose-lose. But whatever.

Seems like she's the one who made the ultimatums-- 1) if you don't want to go, don't go. 2) And then to the band-- it's me or him..... you go with me now, or go with him two years from now (the implication being, without her then coz she ain't getting no younger. Which, to be fair, that part is definitely true for all of them).

This is all about STEVIE and what she wants. She wanted her little heartbreaker in the band and she got it. I will be giving bad reviews of this concert on every site.
Old 04-24-2018, 01:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
This is all about STEVIE and what she wants. She wanted her little heartbreaker in the band and she got it. I will be giving bad reviews of this concert on every site.
Even before seeing it?

Just saying it could be a great show.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-24-2018, 05:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Ken is providing cover for the band. Lindsey and Christine commented on this tour last year. Lindsey even stated it was not the end of FM and there would be other tours (which surprised everyone). Everyone signed on the dotted line per Christine. Does anyone really believe Lindsey asked for 2 years LOL.
Someone needs to use Stevie's language on Stevie and tell her to stop making albums because they don't $ell.
She is still sticking to that false statement. She loves to record solo albums but only has this standard for Fleetwood Mac.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-24-2018 at 05:09 AM..
Old 04-24-2018, 09:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Weird. Loving Buckingham's guitar playing but not loving Mike Campbell's?
Doesn't add up.

I don't think you've ever been to a Tom Petty show. Mike Campbell is jaw-droppingly amazing, and the shows will great, despite how we all feel about Lindsey leaving.

All this speculating about what happened - and misplaced anger toward Stevie or Mick is creepy. I think some fans have way too much free time on their hands.
Old 04-24-2018, 10:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
Doesn't add up.

I don't think you've ever been to a Tom Petty show. Mike Campbell is jaw-droppingly amazing, and the shows will great, despite how we all feel about Lindsey leaving.

All this speculating about what happened - and misplaced anger toward Stevie or Mick is creepy. I think some fans have way too much free time on their hands.
I agree. For example, for someone to say that they plan to leave bad show reviews (after saying over and over and over again that they will refuse to see a single concert with the latest line-up) is beyond childish and reflects a disturbing level of hysteria over just one more personnel change in a band that has been famous for it. This is not the end of anyone's world.
Old 04-24-2018, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Doesn't add up.

This is not about m Campbell. He is very talented. It’s about certain members of The band and the way they been acting the last couple of years.
Old 04-24-2018, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Doesn't add up.

Except that the anger toward Stevie AND Mick is not misplaced. It's very well placed. Stevie has wanted Lindsey out of the band for a very long time. And this was the perfect opportunity.

And why is it that every time someone accuses Stevie and Mick it means that this person has too much time on their hands?