The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-07-2003, 11:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking Hell has frozen over......A "SAY YOU WILL" DOCUMENTARY!!!

According to Lindsey himself, he said a documentary will be out in early 2004!!!!

Someone pinch me...

~Alex

Old 12-07-2003, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This will be fabulous!

I can't wait to see more of the SN and LB "fight" that was shown in the VH1 All Access show!

Well, someday when we're older
And my hair is silver gray
Unbraid with all of the love that you have
Like a soft, silver chain . . .
Old 12-07-2003, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heres a direct link to the info....

SYW Doc!!

~Alex

Old 12-07-2003, 11:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This will be very intresting. I am so excited! Let's also hope for a DVD of the Boston Show!

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 12-09-2003, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

yes its true folks -

and i actually heard a little gossip thru the LA film production grapevine....

lindsey supervised a lot of the editing
he's "one of the nicest guys in the world"
"a tremendous amount of pot was smoked"
"stevie insisted on an enormous amount of very expensive touching up to give herself a more youthful appearance on film"
a theatrical release was planned initially as was a possible showtime or hbo release

sounds true to me - can't wait to see it
Old 12-09-2003, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dontlookdown
yes its true folks -

and i actually heard a little gossip thru the LA film production grapevine....

lindsey supervised a lot of the editing
he's "one of the nicest guys in the world"
"stevie insisted on an enormous amount of very expensive touching up to give herself a more youthful appearance on film"
a theatrical release was planned initially as was a possible showtime or hbo release

sounds true to me - can't wait to see it
A theatrical release?! What a bomb that would've been, no wonder they decided against it. I would've liked to have seen it on HBO (considering that Showtime is only in the homes of 9 million), just for the simple reason that it couldbe unedited if there was swearing involved in the discussion about the double-album.

I can believe it about the touching-up. It's sooooooo obvious how touched up The Dance was...

Old 12-09-2003, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Not sure why that would be necessary, when we all saw footage from the documentary many months ago on VH1, snippets on the official site, and also on the enchanced portion of the 'Very Best of Fleetwood Mac' compilation... and Stevie looked fantastic and radiant even with little makeup.

To touch it up after the fact, would kind of be like closing the barn-door after the horse has escaped.
Old 12-09-2003, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
Not sure why that would be necessary, when we all saw footage from the documentary many months ago on VH1, snippets on the official site, and also on the enchanced portion of the 'Very Best of Fleetwood Mac' compilation... and Stevie looked fantastic and radiant even with little makeup.

To touch it up after the fact, would kind of be like closing the barn-door after the horse has escaped.
She looked quite good, but there were some parts where I just knew that Stevie, the infamous glamour QUEEN, would not let be aired in full without touch=up. Notably, the "finances" bit.

It's all in the puffy eyes, Johnny.

Old 12-09-2003, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
I can believe it about the touching-up. It's sooooooo obvious how touched up The Dance was...
In what way is it "obvious" that it was touched up?

Granted the footage was pieced from three nights' worth of performances, and there's a somewhat softer focus to Christine and Stevie's closeups... but both ladies look very natural, and their faces have the same "imperfections" they always do.
Old 12-09-2003, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
In what way is it "obvious" that it was touched up?

Granted the footage was pieced from three nights' worth of performances, and there's a somewhat softer focus to Christine and Stevie's closeups... but both ladies look very natural, and their faces have the same "imperfections" they always do.
We must have different copies of the concert then.

Besides for the amazing amount of pancake make-up that Stevie had on before filming, they used the gauzy-lens technique quite a bit. It wasn't soft focus, it was gauze. I thought it was most notable during Dreams, but that's just me. Throughout the rest of the concert, you, I at least, could notice the subtle things they did to the video (flattened out different parts of the face, added false lighting, etc.).

I've taken some classes on film and it really is quite easy, from what I understand, to do such inexpensive touch-ups. I don't know a whole lot about it, though, just what I learned in those few courses.

Old 12-09-2003, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
She looked quite good, but there were some parts where I just knew that Stevie, the infamous glamour QUEEN, would not let be aired in full without touch=up. Notably, the "finances" bit.

It's all in the puffy eyes, Johnny.
I guess we'll see how much validity the rumour has, when the documentary is released and we can compare the footage.

Also kind of surprises me that it would be a problem for her, since she probably could have easily blocked the documentary from ever being filmed (or even released) if she was really that worried about how she'd look on camera.

Touch-ups seem unnecessary to me, but if it's true, then more power to Stevie, I guess.
Who doesn't want to look as good as they can?
Old 12-09-2003, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They can do wonders these days. For example, Michael Jackson had the entire NYC concert a few years ago retouched frame by frame. In no way is Stevie as bad as Wacko Jacko (although she has attended his parties in the past ), I can see her wanting to look glamourous. Like it or not, her carefully crafted image helps sell her and their great great great music!!!!!

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 12-09-2003, 05:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
We must have different copies of the concert then.

Besides for the amazing amount of pancake make-up that Stevie had on before filming, they used the gauzy-lens technique quite a bit. It wasn't soft focus, it was gauze. I thought it was most notable during Dreams, but that's just me. Throughout the rest of the concert, you, I at least, could notice the subtle things they did to the video (flattened out different parts of the face, added false lighting, etc.).

I've taken some classes on film and it really is quite easy, from what I understand, to do such inexpensive touch-ups. I don't know a whole lot about it, though, just what I learned in those few courses.
Apparently we do have different copies.
In Stevie's close-ups, you can very easily see that her face isn't as tight and youthful as it was.
You can also see the "pouty" lines she has around her mouth.

I'm not sure where you see evidence of her face being "flattened out," etc., but I won't argue.

And despite whatever clout Stevie has as a celebrity, it surprises me that she could have enough pull to have all the footage of her from that tour re-touched, as she looks the same in all the clips I've seen from that time-period. (Hell, in some of them, she looks better than she did on the 'Dance' DVD.)

For what it's worth, I do agree that "Dreams" seems to have the most noticeably soft-focus/gauzed close-ups.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to defend Stevie here... if I thought it was evident that the footage had been re-touched, I wouldn't deny it. What would be the point?
But I don't see evidence of that on 'The Dance,' beyond the standard techniques they've used to compliment the looks of female celebrities for years.
Old 12-09-2003, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
OMG ~ Love it

"Everyone born in the month of February thinks they are right!" Quote from a lady at the table next to us at Don Pablo's!!

http://www.myspace.com/catherinetuliano
Old 12-09-2003, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
They can do wonders these days. For example, Michael Jackson had the entire NYC concert a few years ago retouched frame by frame.
I remember reading that.
I also remember thinking that he should have asked for his money back!!!