Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-22-2004, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Fat Actress

Good for Kirstie Alley. This reminds me of Street Angel Stevie

- Jake

Alley Thinks Big for Showtime's 'Fat Actress'
(Thursday, July 22 10:05 AM)
LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) You would think that an eight-time Emmy nominee would have better things to talk about than her fluctuating weight. Or at least Kirstie Alley thinks so. The "Cheers" star's battle with public perceptions is at the center of "Fat Actress," a semi-autobiographical comedy in development at Showtime.
The premium cable network has ordered six episodes of "Fat Actress," which will blend the comedy and reality genres. Alley and the rest of the show's cast will work off of a story outline, but most of the dialogue will be improvised.

Alley is serving as co-creator and executive producer on the series, joining "7th Heaven" (and "Mad About You") veteran Brenda Hampton. "Fat Actress" will focus on Alley's quest for work, love and acceptance in Hollywood, as well as her battle with her weight and media awareness of her size.

"Kirstie Alley came to us -- with 24 dozen Krispy Kremes in hand -- and said she was so tired of seeing unflatteringly fat pictures of herself on the cover of The Star that it was time for her to send-up her own image as well as Hollywood's obsession with weight and beauty," says Showtime Entertainment President Robert Greenblatt.
Greenblatt continues, "Kirstie is an incredibly gifted comedian and a beautiful woman [regardless of her size], and we jumped at the chance to go behind the scenes of her life in a unique comedy series format."

A two-time Emmy winner for "Cheers" and the telefilm "David's Mother," Alley is looking forward to beginning production in September for a 2005 premiere.

"Finally a network that feels just like home," she says. "They don't give a damn how much I eat or how many men I sleep with as long as it's on camera."
Old 07-22-2004, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've always liked Kirstie (with the exception of her Pier One commericals) and I'm glad to see she's back to acting again regardless of her size. I don't get Showtime but i'm sure it'll be a good show.
Old 07-22-2004, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie
I've always liked Kirstie (with the exception of her Pier One commericals) and I'm glad to see she's back to acting again regardless of her size. I don't get Showtime but i'm sure it'll be a good show.
I don't get Showtime either, but I'll add that the Pier One commercials are better than Veronica's Closet.

- Jake
Old 07-22-2004, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklinensuit
I don't get Showtime either, but I'll add that the Pier One commercials are better than Veronica's Closet.

- Jake
True. That show was canceled after 2 seasons I think. Wasn't very good at all. Hopefully this will fair better for her.
Old 07-22-2004, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking Of course...

I would rather watch Stevie Nicks, Kirstie Alley & Rita Crosby have an all-out cat fight...I know, I know, I'm a perve

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 07-23-2004, 12:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
True. That show was canceled after 2 seasons I think. Wasn't very good at all. Hopefully this will fair better for her.
It's on cable. Seems like the critics like the cable shows.

- Jake
Old 07-23-2004, 12:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
I would rather watch Stevie Nicks, Kirstie Alley & Rita Crosby have an all-out cat fight...I know, I know, I'm a perve
Not necessarily. When you say rather, you mean rather than what? (If it's three other women in a catfight, describe it in detail so I can decide if you're a perv. Lots of detail. )

- Jake
Old 07-23-2004, 02:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Good to see she is comfortable with her size no matter what anyone else has to say. As someone who has been fat and..um.. not so fat..lol.. I say good for her!

Pip
Old 07-23-2004, 08:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Funny I always wondered why It was cancelled..I actually LOVED that show lol...seriously

Chris
Old 07-23-2004, 09:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Show sounds interesting....anything that challenges the stupid un-naturally skinny norm of Hollywood gets my support...

I never saw Veronica's Closet - I saw one little part once where Kirstie had developed a normal woman Barbie type doll...not super skinny...and they had some kid test it out in a play room...when they look in on her the kid has the "fat barbie" pulling a wagon like a horse or something...haha...it was amusing...
Old 07-23-2004, 10:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw this on TV last night and it's supposed to be like Curb Your Enthusiasm, which I love. No matter her size, she's a great actress and a VERY funny comedianne. I think she's always been beautiful, too, and she has gorgeous eyes. And from what I've seen, it does look like she lost a bit of weight.

She cracked me up last night on TV when she said "People look at me and wonder how I got so big. I know how I got so big, I ate too much!" Then she said that "it was like Christmas for me for four years and finally one day I just turned around and said 'Damn Kirstie, you've got a fat ass!'"

Old 07-23-2004, 10:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon
Good to see she is comfortable with her size no matter what anyone else has to say. As someone who has been fat and..um.. not so fat..lol.. I say good for her!

Pip
You can say it - "thin." Weren't you the one who posted pics?

- Jake
Old 07-23-2004, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
I saw this on TV last night and it's supposed to be like Curb Your Enthusiasm, which I love. No matter her size, she's a great actress and a VERY funny comedianne. I think she's always been beautiful, too, and she has gorgeous eyes. And from what I've seen, it does look like she lost a bit of weight.

She cracked me up last night on TV when she said "People look at me and wonder how I got so big. I know how I got so big, I ate too much!" Then she said that "it was like Christmas for me for four years and finally one day I just turned around and said 'Damn Kirstie, you've got a fat ass!'"
And she had a tough divorce from the Hardy Boy, supposedly.

- Jake
Old 07-23-2004, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklinensuit
And she had a tough divorce from the Hardy Boy, supposedly.

- Jake
He wanted all her money and hundreds of thousands in alimony per month. When asked why he was being so vicious towards her and the money he earned, he said he had been accustomed to a lavish lifestyle and that was how he had to live.

Old 07-23-2004, 11:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
He wanted all her money and hundreds of thousands in alimony per month. When asked why he was being so vicious towards her and the money he earned, he said he had been accustomed to a lavish lifestyle and that was how he had to live.
Hey, no different from many Hollywood wives, not that I defend it.
I can't wait for somebody to accustom me to a lavish lifestyle so I can sue.
And BTW, It's silly for Kirstie to pay when Parker's acting career is so hot right now.

- Jake