Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-30-2005, 06:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Another somewhat amusing eBay auction

Check this out, especially the description/commentary from the seller. Christine McVie fans may appreciate this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...504707512&rd=1

I still like the band, I think I just got tired of Lindsey going on about how "masculine" and "recharged" Fleetwood Mac is after the departure of Christine McVie. He's a production genius and a guitar god, but Chris's songs were much more tuneful and her voice much more bearable than the howling and bleating style favored by her erstwhile bandmates *ducks to avoid rocks hurled by Nicks fans*

It sounds like this seller was so tired of Lindsey's ego, he decided to get rid of his magazines with Lindsey on the cover.

Last edited by macfan 57; 03-30-2005 at 07:11 AM..
Old 03-30-2005, 07:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
I still like the band, I think I just got tired of Lindsey going on about how "masculine" and "recharged" Fleetwood Mac is after the departure of Christine McVie. He's a production genius and a guitar god, but Chris's songs were much more tuneful and her voice much more bearable than the howling and bleating style favored by her erstwhile bandmates *ducks to avoid rocks hurled by Nicks fans*
I have to admit that I feel like that sometimes. I can put up with 9 Lindsey songs and I can put up with 9 Stevie songs but 9 of each together is for me too much. Their voices can sound a little harsh. I need Christine's soothing vocals to balance it all out.

I think that Lindsey is very well aware of the gap Christine left - why else would he be so defensive about it? And why would he over compensate? Someone on another board (or was it this one?) said that "when Lindsey plays I listen when he talks I turn off" - my sentiments exactly.

Lindsey is a magnificent guitar player and a fabulous producer (also I think his songwriting has become stronger) but sometimes his decision making is a little off. Cut 4 songs from SYW and it would be a very fine album.

Gail
Old 03-30-2005, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Check this out, especially the description/commentary from the seller. Christine McVie fans may appreciate this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...504707512&rd=1

It sounds like this seller was so tired of Lindsey's ego, he decided to get rid of his magazines with Lindsey on the cover.

hahahahahahahah!!!!!
Old 03-30-2005, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Bleating!
Old 03-30-2005, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
Bleating!
I just knew that would get your attention, Homer. When I first read that I thought of you.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I just knew that would get your attention, Homer. When I first read that I thought of you.
Old 03-30-2005, 11:51 PM
Ledgie

Lindsey plays very nice guitar - but a GUITAR GOD? That's Peter Green territory. Did LB really make comments to effect of Mac being somehw "better" without Christine Mac? Absurd. I think her songs are among the best in Mac history, and with all due respect to Lindsey, AND Stevie, I'd rather listen to Christine's voice ANYTIME. I actually find Stevie Nicks' voice quite annoying after too many songs. I'm talking about that quiverring vocal style mostly - not the "Dreams" voice.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Lindsey plays very nice guitar - but a GUITAR GOD? That's Peter Green territory. Did LB really make comments to effect of Mac being somehw "better" without Christine Mac? Absurd. I think her songs are among the best in Mac history, and with all due respect to Lindsey, AND Stevie, I'd rather listen to Christine's voice ANYTIME. I actually find Stevie Nicks' voice quite annoying after too many songs. I'm talking about that quiverring vocal style mostly - not the "Dreams" voice.
I agree with everything u said.
Old 03-31-2005, 03:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Did LB really make comments to effect of Mac being somehw "better" without Christine Mac?.
I don't think he actually said better. But he was quoted as saying he had more freedom and he also was quoted as making some (I think) disrespectful remarks about Chris' songs - to the effect that they weren't "emotionally insightful" and didn't work all that well live. That's what I meant about him being defensive about her absence.

Methinks he doth protest too much.

He knows.

Gail
Old 03-31-2005, 03:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh
Methinks he doth protest too much.
He knows.
Gail
Yep! Christine's "BALANCE" was what MADE Fleetwood Mac. It's as clear as a bell what's missing.
Da queen of FM don't bleat!
Old 03-31-2005, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh
I don't think he actually said better. But he was quoted as saying he had more freedom and he also was quoted as making some (I think) disrespectful remarks about Chris' songs - to the effect that they weren't "emotionally insightful" and didn't work all that well live. That's what I meant about him being defensive about her absence.
Gail
When he said he has more freedom now, I take that to mean there's no one left to challenge him anymore. Chris was the only one who had the guts to stand up to him, especially in the studio. I don't think he reacts well when someone challenges or disagrees with him. There was a Rockline radio call-in show from 1987, just after Lindsey had left. Someone asked about Lindsey. Christine mentioned that they didn't just let him do whatever he wanted, that others had some imput too. I took that to mean Chris herself.

I also agree with Tom. Lindsey is an excellent guitarist. But, I certainly wouldn't put him in the same class as Eric Clapton or Peter Green.

Last edited by macfan 57; 03-31-2005 at 11:59 AM..