Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-07-2006, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Buckingham Readies One Album, Finishing Another

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/..._id=1003118582

Fleetwood Mac guitarist Lindsey Buckingham will release his first solo album in 14 years next month. Due Oct. 3 via Reprise, "Under the Skin" includes two tracks featuring the Fleetwood Mac rhythm section of Mick Fleetwood and John McVie. The other eight tracks find Buckingham generating all the rhythm simply via his own percussive guitar playing.

"It's something I've been interested in for a long time: trying to distill down the essence of that certain thing I do," the artist tells Billboard.com. "I want to still have it sound like a record, but very much in the spirit of someone sitting and playing guitar."

Buckingham wrote most of the material for "In This Skin" while on the road with Fleetwood Mac in support of its 2003 comeback album, "Say You Will," and looked to his own life for lyrical inspiration. "It gets into a more bare-bones look at what's going on with me after all this time," says Buckingham, who at 57 now has three young children. "I've finally gotten married and am slowly shedding the dysfunctional thing everyone in the band seemed to have emotionally."

The guitarist is also well into work on another new record, which will focus more on electric guitar-driven rock. Label execs initially asked Buckingham to include some of this material on "Under the Skin," but "I feel it has much more integrity by keeping it held back in the way it is. It seemed to be more truthful in terms of what the songs were saying and what I was trying to look at."

Eight songs are complete for the second album, due sometime next year, although Buckingham says he may re-record some of them with a yet-to-be-chosen producer once he finishes a fall tour in support of "Under This Skin." The outing, which is only his second solo trek ever, kicks off Oct. 6 in Atlanta.

Buckingham will be backed on the road by Fleetwood Mac percussionist Taku Hirano and guitarist Neal Haywood, plus guitarist/keyboardist Brett Tuggle. The set list is still coming together, but Buckingham speculates the show will be broken into three sections: "one with me out there by myself, another with the band but you hold a line in terms of the kind of material and the last section, where you'd rock it."

As for the status of Fleetwood Mac, Buckingham says he and the other band members are all up for future touring but unsure if any recording is in the cards.

"It's important that we end up in a place where we are good, as a group of people," he observes, "A place where all the politics are left behind for what's really real. Despite what has gone on, this is a group of people I'll know as well as anyone I'll ever know except my family. I've been through more with them than I've ever been through with my own family [laughs]. I'd love to see that continue. It's a matter of everybody somehow moving toward the center a little bit, and that means me too."

Last edited by MacMan; 09-07-2006 at 05:46 PM..
Old 09-07-2006, 05:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

http://www.livedaily.com/news/Lindse...0665.html?t=98

Fleetwood Mac singer/guitarist Lindsey Buckingham (tickets | music) will mount a tour in October to back the upcoming release of his first solo album in 14 years.

Buckingham will kick off his tour Oct. 6 in Atlanta, three days after the release of "Under the Skin." The 22-city trek will run through mid-November.

Fans who pre-order Buckingham's new album through his website will be given first shot at purchasing tickets for the upcoming shows.

"Under the Skin," scheduled to hit store shelves Oct. 3, is Buckingham's fourth solo album and first since 1992's "Out of the Cradle."

In a recent interview with USA Today, Buckingham described the arrangements on the new album as "kind of a reduction. There are basically no drums, very little bass. On a musical level, I've been trying to distill things."

Buckingham reunited with his old Fleetwood Mac bandmates for 2003's "Say You Will," the band's first studio effort since 1995's "Time," and its first with Buckingham aboard since 1987's "Tango in the Night."
Old 09-07-2006, 05:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Talking Awesome!!

Quote:
The set list is still coming together, but Buckingham speculates the show will be broken into three sections: "one with me out there by myself, another with the band but you hold a line in terms of the kind of material and the last section, where you'd rock it."
ROCK IT LINDSEY!!

22 dates...that means we have all of them. I guess it's time to start figuring out treks across the USA.

Last edited by wondergirl9847; 09-07-2006 at 05:51 PM..
Old 09-07-2006, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

UTS isn't even out and already I'm looking forward to this new one!!

8 track written for it... I wonder if he is planning on doing more for it, or if he will leave it at 8? And I wonder how many of those are GOS leftovers?

Sounds like the tour will be the same as Soundstage, which is good with me. No guitar army!
Old 09-07-2006, 05:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

WHat thoughtful and intelligent responses from a brilliant musician. I'm fascinated by what he's doing these days. This new work is going to be the best he's ever done, I can feel it
Old 09-07-2006, 05:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Rehearsals begin in LA (9/13-10/1) according to Taku's site.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is good news about Fleetwood Mac - hopefully we will be lucky enough to get atleast one more studio album from them

Now if only they could get their **** together....

Last edited by foxyluva; 09-07-2006 at 06:45 PM..
Old 09-08-2006, 09:35 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
[url][B]Eight songs are complete for the second album, due sometime next year...
Eight Songs!! That'll do. There's only nine on Go Insane, eight if you include 'play in the rain' parts as one.

Release it NOW!! Or just before xmas at the latest!

Impatient Rich!
Old 09-08-2006, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's lovely to hear him speaking positively about..well, everything!.Whats even better, is that he's been thoughtful enough to give those of us (who like him quietly singing) an album and the rest of us nutters who prefer the crazy man (me.!!!) something else.. haha.. ( and I don't mind waiting )
Go lindsey.
Old 09-08-2006, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Eight songs are complete for the second album, due sometime next year, although Buckingham says he may re-record some of them with a yet-to-be-chosen producer once he finishes a fall tour in support of "Under This Skin."
This is a setback. re-recording. Stop it you perfectionist moron! Before you know it it's a year later. A yet to be chosen producer. there goes time again.

Old 09-12-2006, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
No guitar army!
Thank feck!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Stop it you perfectionist moron!
*laughs* You tell him what we're all thinking!!
Old 09-14-2006, 12:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Finland, the country where polar bears walk on the streets singing "Silver Girl"

Is anyone willing to have a guess on the other track Mick and John are playing on? DOR is a given but nothing else we've heard so far seem to feature the trusty rhythm section.

I bet we get to hear a full band version of I Am Waiting recorded during the SYW sessions with Stevie out of the mix. But it could be something else too.

^ - "a selfindulged, but funny butthead of a Fin" - Shackin'up