Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-11-2006, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Fall TV

Any new or returning shows you're excited about?

Here's a link:

http://television.aol.com/feature/fall_tv

Looks like Thursdays are going to be my biggest problem. I want to check out Ugly Betty, which is on at the same time as Earl & The Office. They've pitted Grey's against Supernatural at 9, and I still watch ER at 10. Bless you, Tivo inventor.

20 Good Years & 30 Rock (both NBC Wednesdays 8pm)look like they could be funny, and Brothers & Sisters (ABC Sundays 10pm) has an impressive cast - Sally Field, Patrica Wettig, Clista Flockhart - but that won't mean anything if the writing blows.

I'm very annoyed that both Medium & Scrubs won't be back until early 2007. And I will restate my annual vow that I will NOT allow TV to run my life, constantly obsessing over shows I've missed or should be watching. It's just TV, Paula, it's just TV.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Looking forward to: (returning shows, off the top of my head). I know nothing about new shows. Yes, my tastes are simple

Grey's Anatomy
Desperate Hosewives
The Office
The Ghost Whisperer

Old 09-11-2006, 01:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well I'm already behind. I missed the premier of the new Brad Garrett show I really wanted to see it and heard it was good.

I want to see Brothers and Sisters and 30Rock (is that the Tina Fey one?) Looks really funny. I saw a trailer on NBC.com that cracked me up - and she is a brilliant writer - so I'm hopeful. And I've always had a secret crush on Alex Baldwin.

I'm already overwhelmed - and it looks like I'll once again end up watching nothing but Desperate Housewives.

TV shouldn't stress a person out..yet I'm already stressed because I can't keep any of the new shows straight...!!
Old 09-11-2006, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ I missed it too. Whoops.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna View Post
I'm already overwhelmed - and it looks like I'll once again end up watching nothing but Desperate Housewives.

TV shouldn't stress a person out..yet I'm already stressed because I can't keep any of the new shows straight...!!
Tell me about. The fall season doesn't just mean good tv again but also it means back to school, which means helping the kids with homework, cleaning up after supper, clean clothes for the next day, bath time and all this to get done before "mommy's show starts"

Old 09-11-2006, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ Another reason I don't have kids. It would really cut into my TV time.

Old 09-11-2006, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From the list of returning shows on that link...all I'm looking forward to is "The New Adventures of Old Christine" and "The Office". Although I know damn well "The King of Queens" is coming back for it's last season but maybe not til much later I'll catch it when it airs. I'll still watch "Desperate Housewives" - I'm just not certain I'll be entertained by it - it really was in full-suck mode when I abandoned it for "The Sopranos" last season.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
I'm very annoyed that both Medium & Scrubs won't be back until early 2007. And I will restate my annual vow that I will NOT allow TV to run my life, constantly obsessing over shows I've missed or should be watching. It's just TV, Paula, it's just TV.
oh sometimes it feels like so much more paula. TV can be very very importnat, its just a fact of life.

Returning Shows:

House- By far my favorite show on TV, tied with Rescue Me, which is a summer show anyway

Monk- favorite next to House, so hilarious, will be back in January, so I guess its technically winter TV.

NCIS

CSI- used to be my favorite, I still love it but its not a s good as House or as good now as it once was.

Without a Trace

Cold Case

Lost

Family Guy

NEW Shows

Til Death- only since Im a Huge Everybody Loves Raymond fan, I got to at least try this

Shark- looks good

He Will Burn You Down
Old 09-11-2006, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^ Oh yeah, I forgot about King of Queens and Family Guy

Old 09-11-2006, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna View Post
I missed the premier of the new Brad Garrett show I really wanted to see it and heard it was good.
Quote:
^ I missed it too. Whoops.
You didn't miss anything, trust me. I like Brad Garrett and Joely Fisher a lot, but the show barely elicited a chuckle out of me.

I'll give it another chance though -- maybe it'll get better.
Old 09-11-2006, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Family Guy premiered last night. Friggin hilarious. Peter had a prostate exam - enough said.

I like Christine and Ghost Whisperer too. I've always wanted to get into House, but it's always opposite something else I watch. That's the same reason I never got into Lost.

I don't think I'll bother with Desperate Housewives this season. I stopped watching halfway though last year. Bo-ring. Grey's is a must, though.

As far as cable goes, I've heard great things about Rescue Me, but I've only seen a few eps. Love The Closer, which just ended last week. And my brother & mom LOVE Monk. I don't have HBO, so all of those shows are out - I'm probably better off - I'd never leave the house.
Old 09-11-2006, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

House started last week, which rules! It was a great episode. I love that crazy House. What ****ty things will he say next week ?!?

I'm setting the Tivo for these shows:

Heroes- I saw the pilot and it was AWESOME. And, it has Greg Grunberg from Alias and Milo Ventimiglia from Gilmore Girls.
Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip- new Aaron Sorkin.
Gilmore Girls- even though it will SUCK
Veronica Mars- they are messing with my life by putting this against House, but Veronica wins.
Jericho- I will try this one. I really liked Skeet Ulrich's last show, Miracles.
Lost- yeah.
The Nine- will be on after Lost, so I'll give it a whirl.
Ugly Betty- I could've sworn they were supposed to put this on on Fridays, when it wouldn't cause a problem. Now I have to pick between it and Survivor, and fight with my boyfriend who likes to watch Smallville, the worst show known to man.
CSI- I have NO problem giving up Grey's for CSI. Especially if they show more of the Grissom and Sara BONING one another.
Six Degrees- I might suck it up and try it, even though it looks so cheesy. It's a new JJ Abrams show, so.
Men In Trees- maybe. Not sure. They're airing the pilot this week, today or tomorrow ? Can't remember. I'll give it a chance.
Brothers and Sisters- I am actually excited for this show. Jon Robin Baitz is a pretty great playwright and he wrote an AMAZING episode of Alias. The cast looks awesome (Ron Rifkin.) and I like Ken Olin's work on the Alias. Also, they fired Marti Noxon, She Who Ruined Buffy, in favor of the guy who ran Everwood, so I think their heart is obviously in the right place.

I am a TV whore. I have no problem with this- my two favorite hobbies are knitting and being completely stoned, both of which go really well with the TV watching.

ETA: I forgot to add what I am most excited about. BATTLESTAR GALACTICA, October 6th on Sci-Fi. I don't care if it seems geeky- it is, in my opinion, without a doubt the best show on television. It is so well plotted, well acted, tense, and scary. It's beyond good. I'm so excited for it to be back on TV, as well as the second series of Doctor Who that will start being shown over here too around then.

Last edited by hayley; 09-11-2006 at 02:34 PM..
Old 09-11-2006, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

As far as cable goes, I've heard great things about Rescue Me, but I've only seen a few eps.
Oh man, you need to get season 1 and 2 on DVD and watch EVERY episode. The get season 3 when it comes out and be ready for season 4 in the spring. I started watching during season 2. So i missed season 1, I got it one day on a tuesday and had the whole season watched by Saturday.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 09-11-2006, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Tv!

The Office!!! - I can't freakin' wait until September 21st!!

Lost - Can't wait to find out what happens to Sawyer, Jack and Kate. I miss Desmond too...can't wait to see Ian. Yum!

Psych - I love this silly show. It comes on after Monk, which I like too. They both come back in January!

Prison Break - Its already started its second season, but I just recently became MAJORLY addicted to it. It's my new fave show. It's on in 4 1/2 hours!! CANNOT FREAKIN' WAIT!!

ETA: Rescue Me...I enjoy it. It won't be back for awhile though, I think. The season finale was a couple of weeks ago.

Last edited by wondergirl9847; 09-11-2006 at 02:34 PM..
Old 09-11-2006, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayley View Post
Gilmore Girls- even though it will SUCK
I'm terrified.