Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-22-2006, 09:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart Cincinnati...OMFG!!!

The best concert experience of my life. I'm still recovering from all of it. I saw Lindsey in Atlantic City and Cleveland, but this was just something else altogether. I'm really lousy at writing reviews with the chronological songs/speeches between numbers stuff, so I'll just say that the set was pretty much the same as what I'd seen at the previous shows, with one huge adjustment: Bwana!!! I really didn't think he would play that, but there were some fans in the very front row (I was in row A but there were two rows of fold-out chairs in front of us and that's where they were seated) had a sign and he commented on it and said the "Maybe later during encore" thing. I kind of expected he would just do the norm, so it took me by surprise....Wow. It was great. One of the stage guys taped this white plastic thing on his mic stand as he was giving the pre-Bwana speech ("the first song off of my first album") and during the song he put it over his mouth and blew on as the little strange solo bit. It was both funny and hot at the same time. After he performed, he hugged the girl who had requested the song with the sign- SO SWEET. He appeared to be in a fantastic mood.

The security was a bitch. I had my battery taken away from me, but I did get some pictures. I honestly didn't care all that much because I loved the whole experience of seeing him right there and was moved by the moment of it all. During Go Your Own Way, my friend and I went up to the front and this really nice fan pushed us right up to the stage so I got to touch his guitar. Lindsey came right over to me and, like, shoved it in my face but I have this weird thing about invading people's space so I didn't feel it all up or grab his hand or try and touch him. I was just like, "OH my God. Ok, I'll just touch the strings." It was just unbelievable. He sweat on my friend's hand. I was really watching his hands and facial expression when he played. I was awe-struck by the passion. How do you describe in words that kind of intensity?

Here's the magical moment: After the show, we decided to go out to the side of the Taft theatre where his tour bus and a huge white van were parked. Honestly, I didn't think he would actually come out. I figured he would have left immediately or that was some sort of decoy **** and he went out another door. I swear I don't do these kind of things normally, but we thought, "What the hell. It's Saturday, let's wait." Soon enough, it started getting a lot more crowded, security was packing up, and I decided it might be a good idea to just stay. After quite a bit of time, in which I met a few really nice people, LINDSY CAME OUT THE 'EFFIN DOOR. He was like, "Oh my goodness." and I thought he was going to walk to the van but he STOPPED and started chatting and signing and shaking people's hands, hugging...at the very moment that my camera suddenly froze. I handed it to my boyfriend and he eventually got it working. I did get LB on my camera phone, though. It's wallpaper now, dude. And the best part: he signed my tickets!!!!!!!!!!!! He came right over to me, right in my face, and he just signed them and I said, "Lindsey, you are a genius" (I understand there were a million other things I could have said, but when you are actually standing there and in the moment your brain kind of dies. Or mine did. I mean, I was totally calm, but I couldn't think of anything else to say or ask.) And he looked at me with the sweetest eyes and said, "Well, thank you so much." And I was like, "No, Thank you." And he smailed at me, really stared at me, then turned to get to the other fans. That was...

He is the most sincere, super cool celebrity I think I have ever encountered. I want to say, "Thank you for putting on the best show ever" or "Thanks for all the amazing music that blows me away everytime I hear it" but I was savoring it all. He stayed out there for a good amount of time and was just incredible to everyone. And I know everyone appreciated it. Because it was friggen cold and he had just been working his ass off, and he could have simply walked into the van with a wave. I love him. He's the coolest guy and I'm so freaking happy I'm a fan of someone who is not only brilliant, but a real and super nice human being as well.

I also wanted to mention that Brett Tuggle is a sweetheart and he gave me a hug and a kiss. Lindsey is extremely handsome and young-looking in person. Smaller than what you expect, but aren't they always? I have pictures and I will try my very best to get them up ASAP. I just wanted to share. Sorry if it's long and somewhat self-indulgent. After all that, I'm not sure my brain is functioning in line with my typing. Wow. Lindsey... I wish everyone who is a fan of his has a chance, if not this tour than possibly his next (?), to see him. He's just a mind-blowing persona. I loved it in the show when Brett Tuggle shouted Lindsey's name into the mic after the band intro thing and everyone screamed and LB looked so surprised and nonchalant about it- same way as when he walked out and saw a crowd of people waiting in the cold for him. He seemed surprised and I haven't a clue on earth why. He's a god-like specimen in my opinion and I probably should have told him that instead.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL

Last edited by Nico; 11-03-2006 at 02:19 PM..
Old 10-22-2006, 09:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I was at the show last night, too. It was great. I had an altercation with security myself and I would not give this asshole my camera or my battery. I told him that the sign on the door said that non-professional cameras without any flash were permitted. He was still a dick and I told him that I would put the camera away. I really should have reported him but screw him anyway because I got a great clip of Bwana after it was all said and done.

Yes, Lindsey is such a sweetheart!!
Old 10-22-2006, 09:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Congrats on meeting Lindsey! There was absolutely zero security in Cleveland. They didn't check our purses, they didn't say anyting about cameras, nothing. We just walked right in. We could have walked in there with a total film crew and I don't think they would said anything. Come to think of it, I didn't see one security guy all night.

Old 10-22-2006, 09:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
After he performed, he hugged the girl who had requested the song with the sign- SO SWEET. He appeared to be in a fantastic mood.
Yay for Jessica!
Old 10-22-2006, 10:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vicky View Post
Yay for Jessica!
Oh, cool. You know her. Tell her she's a lucky bitch. And thanks for requesting Bwana because I loved it.

Old 10-22-2006, 10:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Good for you! A moment to remember, that's for sure.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation O.m.g.

CONGRATS on meeting Lindsey, getting a pic and autograph!! What a wonderful thing to do, stay outside with everyone.

GAH, I love him. I hope I can meet him too and get a great pic with him.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
Good for you! A moment to remember, that's for sure.
Yes it was. But now I wished I had asked him some deep and profound question as opposed to just calling him a genius. But then again, I wasn't shaking or frothing at the mouth so atleast I didn't look like I was out of my mind. There were other people there and I didn't feel like taking up too much of his time either. It was a great experience.

Old 10-22-2006, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847 View Post
CONGRATS on meeting Lindsey, getting a pic and autograph!! What a wonderful thing to do, stay outside with everyone.

GAH, I love him. I hope I can meet him too and get a great pic with him.
I hope you do. I LOVE Lindsey, but you appear to be a much bigger fan than even myself. Enjoy your shows. They are going to be amazing.

Old 10-22-2006, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

LB rocked last night. Best. show. ever.

I couldn't believe he did Bwana!!! I was almost directly behind the lucky girl (Jessica?) who got the hug and kiss (2nd row pit).

LB seemed in great spirits, relaxed, humorous, genuine. All of you who are going are in for a real treat.
Old 10-22-2006, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Great review...I'm glad you had such a wonderful Lindsey experience.

The shows just seem to be getting better every day.
Old 10-22-2006, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerchic View Post
Congrats on meeting Lindsey! There was absolutely zero security in Cleveland. They didn't check our purses, they didn't say anyting about cameras, nothing. We just walked right in. We could have walked in there with a total film crew and I don't think they would said anything. Come to think of it, I didn't see one security guy all night.
there was a security guy by the stage all night, actually. he told me to go back to my seat after that bitch tried to trip me, and then he thanked her for doing it!!! the guy next to me actually got in trouble for taking video, but no one bothered me.
Old 10-22-2006, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
there was a security guy by the stage all night, actually. he told me to go back to my seat after that bitch tried to trip me, and then he thanked her for doing it!!! the guy next to me actually got in trouble for taking video, but no one bothered me.
Thats cause you had those ****ty pit seats

Old 10-22-2006, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here are my pictures from the show. I really couldn't take that many due to my batteries being hijacked, but these aren't too bad I guess. I've seen a lot of great ones here and maybe I'll get it in time.

Here's from when Lindsey shared his time and kindness with the fans. They aren't as flattering as full face shots, but it was the best my boyfriend could get because my GD camera froze when the man was standing right there in front of me, smiling.

And here's me looking super cheesy with my ticket after Lindsey signed it (camera seemed to work fine thereafter). Happy, can you tell?

Last edited by Nico; 10-23-2006 at 12:03 PM..
Old 10-23-2006, 12:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Here are my pictures from the show. I really couldn't take that many due to my batteries being hijacked, but these aren't too bad I guess. I've seen a lot of great ones here and maybe I'll get it in time.

Here's from when Lindsey shared his time and kindness with the fans. They aren't as flattering as full face shots, but it was the best my boyfriend could get because my GD camera froze when the man was standing right there in front of me, smiling.

And here's looking super cheesy with my ticket after Lindsey signed it (camera seemed to work fine thereafter). Happy, can you tell?

Not too bad??? Wow! I would say you got some pretty awesome shots!! I'm going to post some of mine in a sec....... if you want to see bad then take a look!!! LOL!!!

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!