Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-11-2007, 09:04 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default IPOD Error Question

I have a 30GB ipod that I purchased a year and a half ago. I recently bought the ihome for it. Ever since then I get this error message "Firewire connections are not supported. To transfer songs, connect the USB cable proved. Press center to dismiss."

I have used a non apple brand charger for it that I bought at Wal Mart I think but I very rarely use it. It's been in my ihome a lot and that's usually how I charge it. I CANNOT get this error message to go away. I press the center five million times and it stays. I restart it by pressing the center and menu at the same time and it goes back to the songs for a few seconds and then comes right back. I have even plugged it into the computer and updated itunes and the ipod and that worked for a while, but now I'm back to square one again. I have even restored the damn thing. It's getting to the point where I can't do anything with it anymore and I'm highly annoyed with it. I have done some research but have ended up with little answers. I plugged it into my computer tonight after getting the recent update from itunes and it didn't even read that it was plugged in on itunes. I have no idea what's going on. Has anyone else had the same problem? Do I need to contact apple or the place I bought it (best buy)? The only way I can turn it off anymore is to just let it on and turn off by itself. Any help would be greatly appreciated! You pay this much (I got the two year warranty with it too) you would think it would work correctly, but such is life I guess. It almost went across the room last night! LOL!!

Thanks,
Jackie
Old 07-11-2007, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Try connecting it to your computer with the USB cable that came with it, and not the other thing. I'm not really sure if it's just that or something else. You could always reset the iPod back to its factory settings too. Idk what that would do in terms of the error tho. Sorry.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:15 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Tried it

Hi Ryan,

Wow, thanks for the fast reply. I have tried both of those things. I reset it back to its original settings and I always use the original cable to hook it up with my computer. I just don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I guess I'll have to call Best Buy...since I still have the warranty on it. If I get time tomorrow I will call. In the meantime if anyone has any suggestions, let me know. I'll post if I get an answer!!!

Thanks,
Jackie
Old 07-11-2007, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was going to suggest a restore as well. just take it back.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
I was going to suggest a restore as well. just take it back.

So that would be a re-store rather than a restore?