Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-20-2008, 01:24 AM
Registered

Cool Boston Soundstage on the TV

We've all seen this already and most of us own it on DVD, but it makes me happy when I am flipping channels and run across someone playing a Mac something, so... VH1 Classic has the Boston Soundstage going right now, and will be replaying it at 8:30 AM.

Not exactly a prime-time viewing time slot, but at least it's there, lol.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 12-20-2008, 01:52 AM
joe

Yeah, just caught that tonight. I admit, it was a nice surprise and it definately came at a good time as I've been snowed in all day and night (NY)and was deciding how I was going to entertain myself the rest of the night...

I've only seen a few clips here and there online. It wasn't bad if you can forget about Chris not being there, Stevie's lack of fashion that year, and the bevy of "backup" musicians onstage. I have to admit, though, several songs in and I was missing the old Mac and, if it weren't for the fact that I was recording it, I would've thrown in the Tusk Doc or Largo 79 show. The good "old days"!

Nonetheless, I thought it was a solid performance. Actually, I was more than delighted! Glad I finally caught it. Not sure how much post-production was involved but I definately heard some guitar overdubs during GYOW. I thought Say Goodbye was really nice. Beautiful Child too...
Old 12-20-2008, 05:25 AM
Ledgie

Yeah, I saw this on TV a couple days ago. I watched Rhiannon & Come then stopped since I've watched that DVD over ten times. First time watching it on the 57'' with 5.1 surround sound, though :P.
Old 12-20-2008, 06:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Right before it aired they were showing the 10 greatest female singers countdown. Stevie was number 5. They played "Landslide" from the Dance.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I watched it too (though I own the dvd). They're so cute. I love the pantomime during "Tusk".

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:14 AM
Senior Ledgie

It looks like it will also be on at 9pm on Tuesday the 23. This makes me happy, because I've never seen it.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I tried watching it once, but those frankenbockers put me in the mood to switch over to Toshiro Mifune in Sanjuro.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 12-20-2008, 03:36 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I tried watching it once, but those frankenbockers put me in the mood to switch over to Toshiro Mifune in Sanjuro.
Frankenbockers. LOL. That's classic.

I don't know, I quite liked this concert. It's certainly not as technically good as The Dance was, but I liked the shouting match during Silver Springs and the boxing match during Tusk. For me, the more ridiculous things are, the more I like them.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 12-20-2008, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
Frankenbockers. LOL. That's classic.

I don't know, I quite liked this concert. It's certainly not as technically good as The Dance was, but I liked the shouting match during Silver Springs and the boxing match during Tusk. For me, the more ridiculous things are, the more I like them.
I didn't like the Tusk fight. I found it painfully annoying and phony. But early in the tour, when they first started doing it, Lindsey commenced the play by swinging his guitar cord at Stevie and I'm glad the "fight" evolved over time so that he wasn't doing that anymore. The very last thing I needed him to do was hit Stevie in the face with a cord. Yikes.

I liked the SYW tour very much and I enjoyed Live in Boston, but I was kind of psychotic about The Dance. I can remember when I first got it, I would watch it twice in a row and then I'd go out and do some shopping and I'd be standing in the check out line, looking at my watch and wondering if I could get home in time to watch it once more before I went to bed. I almost lost my sanity over that DVD.

Now, if they want to release that on Blu-Ray, I'm all over it.

Michele
Old 12-20-2008, 08:30 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I didn't like the Tusk fight. I found it painfully annoying and phony. But early in the tour, when they first started doing it, Lindsey commenced the play by swinging his guitar cord at Stevie and I'm glad the "fight" evolved over time so that he wasn't doing that anymore. The very last thing I needed him to do was hit Stevie in the face with a cord. Yikes.

I liked the SYW tour very much and I enjoyed Live in Boston, but I was kind of psychotic about The Dance. I can remember when I first got it, I would watch it twice in a row and then I'd go out and do some shopping and I'd be standing in the check out line, looking at my watch and wondering if I could get home in time to watch it once more before I went to bed. I almost lost my sanity over that DVD.

Now, if they want to release that on Blu-Ray, I'm all over it.

Michele
Oh no - don't get me wrong. The Dance is amazing. I grew up listening to FM because my mom was a fan, but I didn't become rabid like I am now until I caught The Dance on TV when it first came out when I was in high school, and it sort of snowballed from there.

I think The Dance is perfection and a testament to just how great a band they really are - if anyone unfamiliar with FM asks me what they should see/listen to as an introduction, I fork The Dance over, because there is no way NOT to be knocked out by how fantastic they are when you see that.

So there is that side to my love for this band, and the OTHER side is how much I love how freakin' goofy they are - Mick's weirdo faces, Stevie's diva melodrama, Lindsey's tiny Mirage hat and bunny hops, etc. Stuff like the over-the-top phony boxing (good thing about the cord, too, because I think Stevie wouldn't look good with her teeth knocked out) feeds that for me - and the moments of brilliance, like Beautiful Child, juxtaposed against that goofy just really served to endear that DVD to me.

Old 12-21-2008, 12:08 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
So there is that side to my love for this band, and the OTHER side is how much I love how freakin' goofy they are - Mick's weirdo faces, Stevie's diva melodrama, Lindsey's tiny Mirage hat and bunny hops, etc. Stuff like the over-the-top phony boxing (good thing about the cord, too, because I think Stevie wouldn't look good with her teeth knocked out) feeds that for me - and the moments of brilliance, like Beautiful Child, juxtaposed against that goofy just really served to endear that DVD to me.
I honestly do not think Mick could play without making those faces.

And you have to love that during all of this boxing, dancing, face-making crazy stuff going on that John is just standing back there playing bass like absolutely nothing is happening.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jld92 View Post
I honestly do not think Mick could play without making those faces.

And you have to love that during all of this boxing, dancing, face-making crazy stuff going on that John is just standing back there playing bass like absolutely nothing is happening.
Right and in that clip where someone gets up on stage, John just keeps on playing. Sound goes out in Madison, John doesn't leave his position. Stevie starts crying after the fight in Reno, John is unperturbed. I do wonder what he is thinking. He's made it known that he feels uncomfortable being around former band members who have changed so much. But the current crowd he's with is so bonkers that any change in them would have to be for the saner.

Michele
Old 12-21-2008, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

:/ Ugh. Since I'm a fairly new Mac fan (though I have demos coming out of my ears!) I haven't seen this before. I feel so deprived. Someone please tell me it'll be on again? I'd DVR it ASAP.
~Rhiya
Old 12-21-2008, 11:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetwoodtrick View Post
:/ Ugh. Since I'm a fairly new Mac fan (though I have demos coming out of my ears!) I haven't seen this before. I feel so deprived. Someone please tell me it'll be on again? I'd DVR it ASAP.
~Rhiya
You can get Live In Boston on DVD.

Fleetwood Mac - Glendale, Arizona - 5/24/09 ♥
Fleetwood Mac - Oberhausen, Germany - 10/12/09 ♥
Old 12-21-2008, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Right and in that clip where someone gets up on stage, John just keeps on playing. Sound goes out in Madison, John doesn't leave his position. Stevie starts crying after the fight in Reno, John is unperturbed. I do wonder what he is thinking. He's made it known that he feels uncomfortable being around former band members who have changed so much. But the current crowd he's with is so bonkers that any change in them would have to be for the saner.

Michele
What fight in Reno???

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.