The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-05-2009, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Lindsey Buckingham Oct.18,2008 Glenside, PA torrent (A rockcat recording)

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d....php?id=256444

LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM
The Keswick Theatre
Glenside, PA
October 18, 2008

~ a rockcat recording

****************************************************************************************************
CONTRAST CLAUSE: This recording differs from Jerseyboy's recording found here:

These are the similarities and differences:
1) identical gear used by both tapers
2) this recording was made at 24/44.1, Jerseyboy's was made at 16/44.1
3) I was on the right side of the venue, Jerseyboy was on the left side of the venue (see my comments below for why this is significant)
4) my seats were slightly closer to the PA
****************************************************************************************************

DISC 1
01. crowd
02. Great Day
03. Love Runs Deeper
04. chat
05. Trouble
06. Go Insane
07. Tusk
08. I Know I’m Not Wrong
09. Gift of Screws
10. Never Goin Back Again
11. chat
12. Big Love
13. Shut Us Down
14. Under The Skin

DISC 2
01. chat
02. Did You Miss Me
03. Come
04. World Turning >
05. drum solo
06. I’m So Afraid
07. Go Your Own Way
=ENCORE=
08. Second Hand News
09. Don’t Look Down
10. band intros & chat
11. Treason
12. Time Precious Time

Lineage: Church-Audio cardioid mics > CA STC-9000 pre-amp > Edirol R-09 @ 24/44.1 > USB2 > Sound Forge v9.0e > CD Architect v5.2 > Plextor PX-230A > EAC v0.99 > Trader's Little Helper (FLAC level 5)

Comments: We all strive to make the best recordings possible, but there are SO many variables:
1) the experience of the taper; 2) the taper's equipment; 3) the acoustics of the venue; 4) the sound from the taper's vantage point; 5) quiet/noisy fans sitting near the taper; 6) the quality of the PA system; 7) the sound engineer's mix at that particular show; 8) security at the venue (inside & out); 9) lots of LUCK!; and many more....

On this particularly night, I got pretty lucky. Overall, the sound was excellent, although not without its problems. Lindsey brought in his own PA system. His sound engineer was definitely driving it as hard and loud as he could (it was VERY LOUD). At times, he pushed it too hard and you can hear the distortion. During "Love Runs Deeper", you can definitely hear him making adjustments (I made no adjustments on my end). Jerseyboy made an excellent recording of this show from the LEFT side of the venue (which he shared on DIME in record time - I've never been known for my speed - but I do have a good reputation with regards to quality). The engineer drove the system so hard that the he blew out the PA on the LEFT side of the venue near the end of "Go Your On Way" (and it wasn't restored until about 30 seconds into the beginning of "Second Hand News"). The RIGHT side did not blow out (lucky for me), but the distortion did return. The sound was so loud that I didn't even know that the sound blew out on the other side of the venue until I saw Jerseyboy's notes on DIME. My seat was a bit closer to the PA than Jerseyboy's. Let your ears decide whether or not this played to my advantage. On the one hand, my recording sounds a bit more up-front (I know I'm splitting hairs here). I think this could easily pass for a soundboard. On the other hand, when the sound distorts, I can hear that more clearly here too. Jerseyboy's recording has more low-end than mine. I don't know whether or not he EQ-ed his recording or if this was due to the difference in our seating locations. Jerseyboy has expressed an interest in doing a matrix of our two recordings. Hey man, once I put this out there, you can do whatever you want with it, but personally I think this sounds damn good as is (as does yours). Enjoy!

~seeded to DIME on 2009-07-05 by rockcat
Old 07-06-2009, 09:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for posting this Brain. I was at this show and it was great. I've had Jerseyboy's recording and it sounds good enough for me. It's great sound quality. The sound issue on the left/right side is interesting. I was on the left side of the venue and heard the PA issue. But if there was some more distortion on the right side, I think I'll stick to the left.

It would have been interesting if Jerseyboy never recorded the show...that means it would have taken this long for the show to surface....at last! I would have never expected to surface now.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink Yer welcome...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailatixela View Post
Thanks for posting this Brain.
but the name is spelt B-R-I-A-N

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 07-07-2009, 08:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh gosh - sorry about that Brian. Of course...must have been a little sleepy when I posted that. Ooops.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:22 PM
Senior Ledgie

THANKS SO MUCH for posting! I got engaged during this concert. I wonder if you can hear me hoot and holler about it after Shut Us Down.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It really sounds spectacular. I'm usually not one who needs an upgrade on a show, but boy, wow...