Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Anthrax killer still hasn't been caught

The FBI already falsely accused one person of the anthrax letters that exacerbated the fever for war in Iraq.

Shall we believe them now when they say they found the right guy?

A former Army microbiologist who worked for years with Bruce E. Ivins, whom the F.B.I. has blamed for the anthrax letter attacks that killed five people in 2001, told a National Academy of Sciences panel on Thursday that he believed it was impossible that the deadly spores had been produced undetected in Dr. Ivins’s laboratory, as the F.B.I. asserts.

Asked by reporters after his testimony whether he believed that there was any chance that Dr. Ivins, who committed suicide in 2008, had carried out the attacks, the microbiologist, Henry S. Heine, replied, “Absolutely not.” At the Army’s biodefense laboratory in Maryland, where Dr. Ivins and Dr. Heine worked, he said, “among the senior scientists, no one believes it.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/23/us/23anthrax.html?hp

He said the whole investigation was filled with lies. Officials told different USAMRIID researchers their co-workers accused them of committing the attacks, just to see their reaction. They searched his vacation house and car without warrants.

They misled him about the questions they would ask him in front of a grand jury. And they tried to get him to seek a restraining order against Ivins, only days before he committed suicide, by saying Ivins had threatened to kill Heine during a group therapy session.

Heine is not the only one who does not believe Ivins was the real killer.

"At least among my closest colleagues, nobody believes Bruce did this," he said. He thinks the FBI went after Ivins because "personality-wise, he was the weakest link."

http://www.fredericknewspost.com/sec...StoryID=104046

Now, because he believes so much in transparency, Barack Obama has threatened to veto any legislation that seeks further investigation into the Anthrax killer. Cover-up?
Old 04-23-2010, 02:41 PM
Registered

We'll probably never know for sure. Its been nearly 30 years since the Tylenol murders, and who knows if/when that will ever be officially solved.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
We'll probably never know for sure. Its been nearly 30 years since the Tylenol murders, and who knows if/when that will ever be officially solved.
I remember that. Weren't they filled with cyanide?