The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Color me excited!:I think Dave did right by Stevie...

The new album ROCKS. I mean ROCKS. Like NO Stevie Mac song has since The Chain or maybe Go Your Own Way. I mean, listen to Ghosts are Gone and see what I mean. CLASSIC Classic Rock sound. Right there. Exactly the way classic album rock should sound.

I am already looking forward toward FM getting in the studio and seeing what he can do with LB and SN together in the Studio. Even without Christine!
Old 04-27-2011, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I totally agree 100%. I would love to see would Dave Stewart, if involved, could do with a Lindsey Buckingham or Lindsey AND Stevie track. The Mac really would be back, after hearing what he's contributed to Stevie's new album.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

He just GETS her! If he GETS LB half as well as he did this album and sound and actually can bridge them together it will be the most FM album since Tusk/Mirage.

There is also a strong keyboard presence on the new IYD album.... something that was missing from SYW.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:43 PM
CreepingDeath
This message has been deleted by CreepingDeath.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

The one track that totally grabbed me and utterly made me bawl was Soldier's Angel. Best Buckingham Nicks collaboration in decades. They are BACK as collaborators... and I cannot wait to hear what they'll come up with together in the future .
Old 04-27-2011, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
The one track that totally grabbed me and utterly made me bawl was Soldier's Angel. Best Buckingham Nicks collaboration in decades. They are BACK as collaborators... and I cannot wait to hear what they'll come up with together in the future .
Completely agree. At first I was a little taken aback by the lead guitar, for some reason I was imagining it would be acoustic... but once the initial shock were off I really really loved it. It totally worked. That is one awesome song.

Here's to hoping for Buckingham Nicks 2. Or at least some more Mac.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

In a article posted in Stevie's forum she said when he (Buckingham) left from recording (Soldiers Angel) on the second day that he said he felt closer to her than he had in 30 years. WOW is that a mouthful or what...

Last edited by fairydust75; 04-27-2011 at 06:57 PM.. Reason: changed wording
Old 04-27-2011, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairydust75 View Post
In a article posted in Stevie's forum she said when he (Buckingham) left from recording (Soldiers Angel) on the second day that he said he felt closer to her than he had in 30 years. WOW is that a mouthful or what...
You can truly hear it in their vocals, too. It's the first time they've truly duetted in what, 30 years? And their harmonies are so tight and completely complimentary of one another too. They aren't battling each other. They're very consciously blended. GOOD stuff. And Lindsey's guitar totally gave this song the atmosphere it needed and deserved. They need to work together again ASAP!!
Old 04-27-2011, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

^^ This. That song is a complete showcase for how their voices work together. All the elements individually are wonderful - her lyrics and voice, his guitar and voice - but when you put them together it's pure magic.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:13 PM
Ledgie

Default A New Era?

Not only do they make "magic" together, but the song is quite profound and deserving to be on this CD. I actually feel Stevie is saying quite a bit on this album, and her sentiments are loud and clear.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
My heart stopped. I KNEW they could still do it!! It was totally BN but mature, new. Just amazing.