Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-25-2011, 04:04 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Special guests?

So the tour is now well underway, and still no sighting of these supposed "special guests" mentioned in the original tour announcement and poster. Stevie rumors aside, does anyone have any more concrete leads on who these guests might be, what shows they might pop up at, or if he just scrapped the idea altogether?
Old 09-25-2011, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think they're just local people who might open the show for him at different places.

Judgment day is coming. Christine showed up for Mick's blues band performance. I need you guys in England to tell me that she was in the audience for LB. No, I literally need this.

Michele
Old 09-25-2011, 04:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I think they're just local people who might open the show for him at different places.

Judgment day is coming. Christine showed up for Mick's blues band performance. I need you guys in England to tell me that she was in the audience for LB. No, I literally need this.

Michele
We're in England. Don't expect much. It could be Mr. Blobby considering how crap our "local celebrities" tend to be. Could be the guy from the talent show with the stutter for all we know.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:35 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachTroutman View Post
Stevie rumors aside, does anyone have any more concrete leads on who these guests might be, what shows they might pop up at, or if he just scrapped the idea altogether?
Sorry Zach, haven't heard word one about any special guests... not that I would have... being down here at the arse end of the globe... so far away from civilization

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
It could be Mr. Blobby considering how crap our "local celebrities" tend to be.
haha, I hope it's Mr. Jelly from Psychoville
Old 09-25-2011, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
Sorry Zach, haven't heard word one about any special guests... not that I would have... being down here at the arse end of the globe... so far away from civilization

haha, I hope it's Mr. Jelly from Psychoville
You watch Psychoville? Wow. Respect earned. Not that I would hope for it myself because I'm terrified of Clowns. So the mass murdering variety certainly aren't my cup of Tea. Was always more of a League Of Gentleman fan, myself. Hey, it could be a special one off show by Creme Brulee!
Old 09-25-2011, 04:48 PM
Supporting Ledgie

LoG is one of my all time favourite shows. I especially loved Tubbs and Edward (You heard the man Tubbs, get undressed!) and the frog-farm couple... the scene where Sonny & Cher get melted on the space heater always makes me laugh to tears
Old 09-25-2011, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
LoG is one of my all time favourite shows. I especially loved Tubbs and Edward (You heard the man Tubbs, get undressed!) and the frog-farm couple... the scene where Sonny & Cher get melted on the space heater always makes me laugh to tears
"They covet the precious things of the shop!" It's one of my favourite shows too. I do like Tubbs and Edward, but my favourites are Papa Lazarou, Pauline and the slightly mental friend played by Reece Sheersmith. The name escapes me now, but he was the one who pretended to shoot himself to gain his friend's sympathy. I love how socially awkward he is, bless him. He's one of those people who brings down any event with his glum conversation. We all know one of those Have you seen the movie and the pantomime special? So funny. They did a hilarious musical number of Val and Harvey (The Frog Farm people) showing their nephew through the bathroom of their home.

XD

Last edited by Silver Springs; 09-25-2011 at 05:03 PM..
Old 09-25-2011, 05:04 PM
Supporting Ledgie

haha! I remember that... In this house... we don't pass solids... And they all kinds of toilet paper to choose from.

I never did see the movie, though I saw the Christmas Special and that actually weirded me out! haha

HA! I love the whole bit with Pauline and her pens versus Ross

I do remember the one guy you're talking about to always goes ape... didn't he pull out a gun because one of his friends was telling the joke wrong?
Old 09-25-2011, 05:06 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Sorry Zach didnt mean to de-rail your thread...

I don't actually recall their being any special guests announced for any of the shows. Maybe it was something they tried to do and couldn't pull off the numbers??
Old 09-25-2011, 05:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I do remember the one guy you're talking about to always goes ape... didn't he pull out a gun because one of his friends was telling the joke wrong?
Oh yeah! I remember that scene. Hadn't he just lost his job or something and was depressed anyway?

It would be interesting if they did have a special guest, but I could really see it proving somewhat of an irritation. I don't know about anybody else, but when I pay to see somebody in concert, no matter how good the support acts are they irritate me until they've gone.