Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-16-2012, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Feb 2012 Guitar World - LB setlist

there's one page write-up containing the setlist from SWS tour, tune-ups for different songs, and he talks a bit about some of the songs and their placing in the setlist.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

More info please oh goddess of the Buck Elle
Old 01-16-2012, 11:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
More info please oh goddess of the Buck Elle
well, i'm still waiting on part 2 of your Tulsa report.

but ok, let me see before my son takes the magazine away from me:

LB's SWS setlist (from NYC last fall, not that it was ever any different during this tour but authors may not know that) is featured in the monthly article called tune-ups -> the setlist

there's a scan of SWS setlist in the middle of the page, with some markings on it that say this:

Lindsey Solo Acoustic
Shut us down - LB
Go insane - LB
Trouble - LB
Never going back - LB
Big love - LB

Ensemble
Under the skin - Taylor capo 3rd
Sorrows - HSS
In our own time - VG 99 capo on 4th
Illumination - HSS
Second hand news - Taylor from g capo 2nd
Tusk - HSS
Stars - Tobaco strat capo 3rd
End of time - G+L 1/2 stepdown
The way love goes - GL 1/2 stepdown
So afraid - HSS
Go your own way - 12 capo 5th

Encore
Turn it on - HSS
Treason - capo 3rd VG99
Seeds - taped over text

there are several boxes with descriptions and arrows towards certain songs in the setlist:

Turner Renaissance box - he says he has many turners - electric and acoustics on the road b/c of different tunings and/or different gauge strings. talks about lowering the key to GYOW but still wanting to play it the same as an example... and also that some gear might go down at some point so need a back up.

SUD box - talking about starting w/ solo acoustic set - like opening for himself.

UTS box - strum-fest w/ 3 guitars and no bass. same with AMS. both presented as folk, not rock, slowly seguing from acoustic to fully rocking set part.

NGBA box - he stretched it out lately, there's more drama. this song was a victim of FM politics - Mick and John insisted to play on it even though it's not that kind of a song - so it suffered. it's a solo piece.

Tusk box - figured by that point audience has been good and listened to some new songs so time to give them what they came for, so grabbing them with SHN first and then go all out raunchy on Tusk.

GYOW box - this has been ending song for both FM and solo, there's really nowhere to go from there but exit the stage.

that's it. not exact words, but close. there's a tiny photo too.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
NGBA box - he stretched it out lately, there's more drama. this song was a victim of FM politics - Mick and John insisted to play on it even though it's not that kind of a song - so it suffered. it's a solo piece.
I'm voting with John and Paul here, buddy. There is no Songbird for you, you freak. Although, it's interesting to me that Christine says she felt self-conscious and exposed doing Songbird on the stage alone and she didn't want to, but the men in the group told her to. I assume all of them encouraged this, but I'd like to know what Lindsey said about it exactly and if he pressed for it because he knew he had songs of his own which would work better solo. Of course, I love Songbird with John and Lindsey as well.

Quote:

GYOW box - this has been ending song for both FM and solo, there's really nowhere to go from there but exit the stage.
True, it's a great song and the testament to it is that you can be an FM fan for this long and still hear its greatness. Some of the most intricate and beautiful FM songs have now lost their power over me after all of this time, but GYOW is not one of them. Brings the house down.

Michele
Old 01-17-2012, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I'm voting with John and Paul here, buddy. There is no Songbird for you, you freak. Although, it's interesting to me that Christine says she felt self-conscious and exposed doing Songbird on the stage alone and she didn't want to, but the men in the group told her to.
ha, i was thinking of you / anticipating your reply when reading his little write-up about NGBA!

while i agree that faster NGBA is better than slower version, i'm not sure that i understand or necessarily agree with the rest of your write-up. lindsey's solo acoustic part of the SWS tour set was the part that many people who went with me to LB's shows last year liked the most!!

btw, did you hear his NGBA from last friday at USC? what did you think about that version?
Old 01-17-2012, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
btw, did you hear his NGBA from last friday at USC? what did you think about that version?
Yes, it reminded me of the way it was in earlier tours. I liked it more.

Michele
Old 01-17-2012, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
ha, i was thinking of you / anticipating your reply when reading his little write-up about NGBA!

while i agree that faster NGBA is better than slower version, i'm not sure that i understand or necessarily agree with the rest of your write-up. lindsey's solo acoustic part of the SWS tour set was the part that many people who went with me to LB's shows last year liked the most!!btw, did you hear his NGBA from last friday at USC? what did you think about that version?
I agree with you, Elle that in person the acoustic set is stunning! It's what my friends loved too, that had never been to an LB concert. The opening set seems relatively boring on the DVD, but when you're there, and it's louder and you can see him playing, it's something pretty special.

Michelle, it's disappointing to hear that he doesn't like NGBA with John and Mick. The way they did it in 2003 was beautiful. The song shouldn't be so depressing...it should get cockier as it goes along. He was young when he wrote it, and to me, it always had a feel of well, yeah, I was pretty hurt by this, but hey, I'll get over it...there are plenty of other fish in the sea! I feel the same way about the outro to WMYTYTO. I love that part so much, as after Lindsey's all done being angry and hurt, he ends it triumphantly. Throwing his shoulders back, and getting his swagger on