User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-22-2012, 04:05 PM
Ledgie

Default Rock Away Blind Question

Hey Ledgies- Need some advice please
I think remember reading a post that Lindsey told someone at a M&G that he will play Rock Away Blind if asked to during a show? I'm going to the Ft. Worth show Friday and I haven't been able to make it to any other shows this tour so I'm wondering if he's still been doing it and if so, are people just yelling for it in between songs? I really don't want to be obnoxious unless I have to be and I don't want to irritate him, since I'll be in the front row so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 08-22-2012, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fever Dance View Post
Hey Ledgies- Need some advice please
I think remember reading a post that Lindsey told someone at a M&G that he will play Rock Away Blind if asked to during a show? I'm going to the Ft. Worth show Friday and I haven't been able to make it to any other shows this tour so I'm wondering if he's still been doing it and if so, are people just yelling for it in between songs? I really don't want to be obnoxious unless I have to be and I don't want to irritate him, since I'll be in the front row so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
The more people asking, the better, but even so, if he's not in the mood to do it, he won't...no matter how nice you ask, or how great a crowd it is.

However If he does play it, it will be just before Trouble (which is the first encore song), since he uses that same guitar (the red one) for RAB.

Rather than driving him nuts throughout the concert, I think you'd have better luck waiting until he comes out for the encore, as he's getting himself together, and then be a vocal as you want to be Again, the more people up front asking the better - so make friends with your seat-mates, and have a plan!

Also, since you're front row center, you should write it on the setlist before the show ( just above Trouble ). That'll give him a heads-up that someone will be wanting to hear it. Good luck!!
Old 08-22-2012, 05:45 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
The more people asking, the better, but even so, if he's not in the mood to do it, he won't...no matter how nice you ask, or how great a crowd it is.

However If he does play it, it will be just before Trouble (which is the first encore song), since he uses that same guitar (the red one) for RAB.

Rather than driving him nuts throughout the concert, I think you'd have better luck waiting until he comes out for the encore, as he's getting himself together, and then be a vocal as you want to be Again, the more people up front asking the better - so make friends with your seat-mates, and have a plan!

Also, since you're front row center, you should write it on the setlist before the show ( just above Trouble ). That'll give him a heads-up that someone will be wanting to hear it. Good luck!!
Thank you so much Lindsfan!!!

I really don't want to be annoying or obnoxious ( to him or to other fans ). I'll definitely try and get it on the setlist. Great idea! I was also thinking of making a small sign to briefly hold up at the encore as well. Luckily, I'll be with 2 other huge fans so we'll be pretty vocal anyway and I'll try to enlist our neighbors as well I just haven't seen anyone post anything lately about their experiences at shows so I wasn't sure if has even been doing RAB.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Hopefully someone will ask tonight in Austin... I have a feeling I won't be close enough to the stage. RAB is my absolute favorite off SWS... actually, it's one of my fav Lindsey penned tunes ever.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:26 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Hopefully someone will ask tonight in Austin... I have a feeling I won't be close enough to the stage. RAB is my absolute favorite off SWS... actually, it's one of my fav Lindsey penned tunes ever.
Same here!

I have my fingers crossed for you!
Old 08-22-2012, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
... actually, it's one of my fav Lindsey penned tunes ever.
Quote:
Same here!
...and here

BTW, I was just reminded by Elle that he played it after Trouble, not before...but you'll still want to start yelling for it as soon as he comes out for the encore (before Trouble). Just don't be discouraged when he launches into Trouble...there's still hope as long as that red guitar is in his hands
Old 08-22-2012, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thank you so much Lindsfan!!!

I really don't want to be annoying or obnoxious ( to him or to other fans ). I'll definitely try and get it on the setlist. Great idea! I was also thinking of making a small sign to briefly hold up at the encore as well. Luckily, I'll be with 2 other huge fans so we'll be pretty vocal anyway and I'll try to enlist our neighbors as well I just haven't seen anyone post anything lately about their experiences at shows so I wasn't sure if has even been doing RAB.
Since there are three of you, you guys should each hold up a sign...one with ROCK, one AWAY, and one BLIND??
Old 08-22-2012, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Since there are three of you, you guys should each hold up a sign...one with ROCK, one AWAY, and one BLIND??
Oh, that's a really cute idea.

Kristen should ask her husband to put this in the setlist, since it's her song. Lindsey, if you love your wife, you'll do it every night.

Michele
Old 08-23-2012, 01:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Same here!

I have my fingers crossed for you!
No Rock Away Blind tonight. Livia and I were pretty sure we heard someone ask Lindsey, and he said next time. Still, one of my favorite concert experiences ever.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:29 AM
Junior Ledgie

In my honest opinion, I do not understand why he will not perform requests. I think the spontaneity of requests makes the experience better! Anyway, if I am not mistaken, the last time "Rock Away Blind" was performed was at the Franklin show, thanks to my loud mouth! lol.

During the meet & greet, I thanked him for performing it. Lindsey knows that people love this song, so why not perform it?

Is it me, or did he appear to be more lenient towards requests during the last two tours (Under the Skin, Gift of Screws)
Old 08-23-2012, 08:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by playon81 View Post
Is it me, or did he appear to be more lenient towards requests during the last two tours (Under the Skin, Gift of Screws)
I think he was. Especially in later legs, if I'm remembering correctly. I assume that once he's comfortable with the main set he starts to throw in some requests.

If he were to do a real request driven show (and not one where he just waits until someone shouts out a song he was going to play anyway) so that each night was different I'd have to make a trip across the Atlantic again.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:12 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Great idea!
We're going to do it I'm not very artistic ( can't even write straight lol ) but I'll post a pic of the signs and some from the show as well

Sorry he didn't play it last night it Austin, Louie
Old 08-23-2012, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Oh, that's a really cute idea.

Kristen should ask her husband to put this in the setlist, since it's her song. Lindsey, if you love your wife, you'll do it every night.

Michele
Michele, what do you mean about RAB being Kirsten's song? I haven't heard that before.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
Michele, what do you mean about RAB being Kirsten's song? I haven't heard that before.
He said he wrote it about her. He shared that with interviewers before the album came out and then mentioned it also after the album was released. So, of course as we were waiting for the album to be released, wry comments were made (at least by me) about what Kristen's song would be like. I feared it would be gooey. I was proven wrong. Michele
Old 08-23-2012, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No Rock Away Blind tonight. Livia and I were pretty sure we heard someone ask Lindsey, and he said next time. Still, one of my favorite concert experiences ever.
I would love to hear what your favorite parts were when you get a chance, Louie.

The Rolling Stone review is in the 2012 reviews thread.

Michele