The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-09-2003, 07:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The Mystery of Everybody Finds Out...

I know there was alot of sepculation about this song and its orgins when we all first got the track listing before SYW's release, First was it Lindsey's or Stevie's song?...Then when was it written?....so on and so forth...since it is obviously not one of the 4 Stevie penned specifically for the new CD...It just occurred to me this morning when I was waking up...strange how some things just come to you....
This song has got to be the same song that was registered w/ the copyright office under the working title of "In the Darkness" ("When love starts out in the darkness...it doesnt do well in the light, affairs of the heart that start out in the dark, usually stay with the night...") written in 1999, and intended for TISL-one of the ones she pulled along w/ Thrown Down and Not Make Believe.

-In The Darkness
Registration Number: PAu-2-509-624
Description: sound cassette & lyrics sheets.
Claimant: Welsh Witch Music,
Future Furniture Music
Created: 1999
Author on © Application: words:
Stevie Nicks; music: Rick Nowels

Last edited by Christopher; 05-09-2003 at 08:12 AM..
Old 05-09-2003, 08:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Nice detective work, Christopher. I'm sure you're right.
These are definitely some of the best, most direct lyrics Stevie has written in the past few years. Too bad they're not doing the song live!
Old 05-09-2003, 08:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, if that is true, then it very well may be written about Lindsey like Thrown Down was....they did go to Germany and some other countries during The Dance to perfrom, but not on tour, so maybe????? What do you guys think?
Old 05-09-2003, 08:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh wow, ya'll!
I have been trying to figure out what the "six weeks in a foregin country" part from DR means, and just how EFO fits into it all. Obviously she took a trip somewhere with SOMEBODY.

I didn't know FM went to Germany during that time! Does anybody know anymore details about that?

That could explain alot, AND why aren't they even talking about this song at all?

Has anyone else noticed that? I think the lyrics are direct and pretty clear, and certainly contrversial. I think much more contrversial than the "only kill" line from PK.

I just think it is strange there is no mention of it in interviews or anything. It's almost like Stevie doesn't want to elaborate about it.

I wonder if it is one of those forbidden topics the journalists aren't allowed to ask about? Hmmmmm.....

Well, the subject may be "verboten" but it is pretty clear what she's sayin' ain't it? !

-Sharon
Old 05-09-2003, 09:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow - that could make sense why they are not doing Thrown Down and EFO in concert - they don't want to be questioned about the meaning of these songs.

Well, someday when we're older
And my hair is silver gray
Unbraid with all of the love that you have
Like a soft, silver chain . . .
Old 05-09-2003, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You would think that if you want to keep an affair (w/ Lindsey or anybody else) a secret, you wouldn't want to put a song about "the affair" on an album for the whole world to hear.

This, my peeps, is why I find Mama Nicks so brilliant!

You keep on rockin' in Mamas! And don't let them ask you any questions!

Although, the song is "Everybody Finds Out" so somehow I'm thinking we should all know at least a little something. Don't you?

Forget it, I just woke up ( I hate mornings). I have no idea what I just wrote. Y'all can just ignore that.

Susie
Old 05-09-2003, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I feel EFO is about Don Henley with Stevie.

Im alone now, with my thoughts...
Old 05-09-2003, 12:51 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by sulamith
I didn't know FM went to Germany during that time! Does anybody know anymore details about that?
I only know that they appeared on a German television show during the Dance time because the attached picture has the logo of a German TV channel in the upper left corner. So they must have been in Europe for a while.

Antje
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snlbg7.jpg (13.3 KB, 313 views)
Old 05-09-2003, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The show is a Saturday evening show called "Wetten dass" and they performed "Silver springs". I saw it live on TV back then. It was a playback performance which surprised me, because the Dance video was so brilliant and all the reviews from their shows too. But it was great to see the band on german TV, so I was happy with it.
Old 05-09-2003, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think it's about Stevie & one of her married men a la "Secret Love".

- Jake
Old 05-09-2003, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Antje, the picture you posted is one of a set of pictures that I just adore!

There are four or five of them, and in a couple of them, they look like they are just about to kiss. They are looking at each other so adoringly, Lindsey puts his head down and leans into her so nice.

I guess that is why they look so intimate, since they were having their little "alone and foolish" time.

Oh, so sweet!

-Sharon
Old 05-09-2003, 01:48 PM
Junior Ledgie

Yeah, Sharon, I love those too!!! Let's take a look at the others again, shall we?

Antje
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snlbg2.jpg (11.0 KB, 319 views)

Last edited by HoneyHi; 05-09-2003 at 01:51 PM..
Old 05-09-2003, 01:49 PM
Junior Ledgie

And another one...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snlbg8.jpg (11.8 KB, 300 views)
Old 05-09-2003, 01:50 PM
Junior Ledgie

And the last one I have of this set...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snlbg9.jpg (12.0 KB, 292 views)
Old 05-09-2003, 02:05 PM
Senior Ledgie

OMG! Those pics are sooo cute! I can't believe these two could never get it together...

Nae