Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-15-2003, 11:49 AM
Junior Ledgie

Question FM on VH1

I am sortof new to the board as I have only just started posting (took me a while to get registered) but have been following along with the different threads.

Does anyone have any idea what the length of the All Access VH1 special will be on Monday? I looked ahead on my Direct TV and it looks like it is only 1/2 hour. That doesn't seem to make sense with the description of the show.

Also, I'm really glad I got to read about the happenings with the Fan Club. I had thought about joining but am now glad I didn't. I was able to get pretty good seats in Worcester and hopefully will get better seats for another show. Only if they come to the NE again.
Old 06-15-2003, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Hi and welcome to the ledge.

I think you're right that it is only going to be a half an hour (30 minutes) long (from 10-10:30 PM EST) but I'm going to set my VCR from 10 to midnight just in case it over runs.

John
Old 06-15-2003, 04:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation VH-1 All Access Airs MONDAY

Here is the description and air times:

VH1 gets exclusive behind-the-scenes access as the band prepares for its upcoming blockbuster tour. We’ll be up-close-and-personal with Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Lindsey Buckingham, and Stevie Nicks. They’ll talk about their new sound, how the album came together and the personal nature of their new music. This is a chance to rediscover the members of the band in an intimate and spontaneous way and get to know their new tunes.

Since day one, Fleetwood Mac has been as much about family as it has been about music. John and Christine McVie were married. Stevie and Lindsey had been an item since high school. The group quickly bonded and their music reflected their total faith in each another. But fame and wealth beyond their wildest imaginations strained their bonds to the breaking point. Their new album is a musical reunion fueled by love for music and each other. Like all families, despite rough times, there is an underlying connection that can never be completely broken.

Fleetwood Mac’s been a rock and roll phenomenon since 1975 when the members of the band first came together in Los Angeles. Together they have experienced a magical journey into rock and roll history. This amazing odyssey has been personally documented by drummer Mick Fleetwood. For the first time, Mick will open his treasure trove of home movies for VH1. The videos capture the real personalities of the band member, the rollercoaster ride to fame and fortune and the heartbreak that sometimes went with it. It’s a precious time capsule and a glimpse into the hidden world of one of the world’s hottest bands.

Flowing chiffon skirts, fringe shawls and platform boots: Stevie Nicks has become as much of a fashion icon as a musical one. She actually borrowed the gypsy style from singer Janis Joplin. We’ll hear more of Stevie’s fashion secrets as she lets VH1 into her inner sanctum: the wardrobe closet. During this rare and privileged peek at Stevie’s fashion history, she’ll tell us her favorite colors, why she wears 7 inch custom boots…and which outfit is her personal favorite. What will she be wearing on the new tour? She’ll give us a sneak preview at the clothes that are sure to make a style impression wherever she goes.

It’s been more than 20 years since the members of Fleetwood Mac recorded a new album and hit the road to support it. Now the super group has come together once more to create a brand new album and they’re bringing their energetic live show to a whole new generation of fans. We’ll take you on the road as the band preps for their opening-night show. It’s a great opportunity to talk about their other albums and other tours. Some came together smoothly; others were born of passion and conflict. But no matter what may have been going on behind the scenes, these friends managed to turn their painful personal issues into some of the most popular albums ever. This time around, the atmosphere is far from turbulent but the music still rocks, especially live in concert.

We will spend time on location shooting a “day in the life” segment with John, Mick and Lindsey. We’re there as these old friends prepare for their new tour. Lindsey will talk about the production of the new album and the challenges of touring. He should know, he’s played with some of the biggest names in rock and roll. He’ll talk about his amazing musical past, his favorite guitars and this gifted musician will also reveal some of the documentary footage he shot while the band was in the studio recording the new album.

Launching a tour is one of the most stressful times for a band, especially one that hasn’t performed together in years. The band will talk about their favorite parts of life on the road and the difficulties of touring. Fleetwood Mac will reveal what it takes to create an amazing live concert that rocks the house. Soon hundreds of thousands of people will get to experience the Fleetwood Mac “rush” first hand. A short summary/recap of what we’ve learned about Fleetwood Mac and a chance to look forward to the exciting challenges ahead.

Airs:
Monday, June 16th at 11am & 11pm

Repeats:
Tuesday, June 17th at 12:30am, 3pm, & 8:05pm
Wednesday, June 18th at 1pm
Friday, June 20th at 1pm

Check your local listings to verify air times in your area:
http://tvguide.com/listings/setup/Localize.asp

Direct link to VH-1 program info:
http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/vh1_all...de_about.jhtml
Old 06-15-2003, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Thanks Spy, I wasn't aware about the morning airing (and I checked my local listings and it will be on in the morning in my area). However, it does still seem that it is only to be 30 minutes long so I hope they can cram some good stuff in there.

John
Old 06-15-2003, 04:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh well...I guess 30 minutes is better then nothing. But you know how these shows are...we get alot of history of the band which we have heard before time and time...same ole same ole....lovers and bickering and drugs...so once that is covered how much of these 30 minutes do you think will be for new coverage?
We have been waiting since the first concert for this..I sure hope its worth it. But hey...I absorb anything Mac related.

Tamara

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." --Eleanor Roosevelt

"Maybe now he could prove to her... That he could be good for her... And they should be together.." --SN
Old 06-15-2003, 05:14 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by tamaraluvsFM
Oh well...I guess 30 minutes is better then nothing. But you know how these shows are...we get alot of history of the band which we have heard before time and time...same ole same ole....lovers and bickering and drugs...so once that is covered how much of these 30 minutes do you think will be for new coverage?
We have been waiting since the first concert for this..I sure hope its worth it. But hey...I absorb anything Mac related.

Tamara

I know what you mean!! I have been waiting for the BTM repeats but haven't seen them and I have only been able to watch my "Dance" video a couple of times. I was really hoping to see a great show but I guess I'll have to settle for what we get!!!