Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-01-2011, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Hey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyman10 View Post
PS -- Is anyone else sick to death of 'Buckingham Goes His Own Way' (and variants) as article titles??? I mean, would it kill someone to have an original thought??
If Lindsey can repeat himself with the painting versus movie thing, all these journalists should be able to re-use "Goes his own way."

Right?

Old 09-01-2011, 04:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^
Old 09-01-2011, 04:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
And I think he's frequently easy and funny in interviews. I don't see him as always being serious at all.
Righto.

10 chars
Old 09-01-2011, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
I always chalked the "cue card responses" down to some kind of inert shyness on his part. When he's not behind his guitar when giving interviews and such, it almost looks to me like he has panic in his eyes. Like the guitar holds his confidence. I've noticed that a lot with musicians, where their instrument or microphone provides something to hide being when being themselves. But in interviews there's nothing but yourself and your opinions. That would freak me out too and I'd probable end up saying the same rehearsed comments repeatedly to avoid there being awkward "thinking time" silences.

It's got to be tedious doing mega press junkets and talking to every reporter and their brother....and all of them asking the same damn questions over and over and over... You just develop a kind of script and stick to it. It makes the whole process easier. Kinda reminds me of Stevie talking about picking your outfit for a given tour and it becomes your little uniform and you know it's set and then you don't have to worry about it. You develop your interview script and you go in and deliver it and don't even have to break a sweat.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
It's got to be tedious doing mega press junkets and talking to every reporter and their brother....and all of them asking the same damn questions over and over and over... You just develop a kind of script and stick to it. It makes the whole process easier. Kinda reminds me of Stevie talking about picking your outfit for a given tour and it becomes your little uniform and you know it's set and then you don't have to worry about it. You develop your interview script and you go in and deliver it and don't even have to break a sweat.
So, Stevie chose an outfit she could wear as she grew older and Lindsey said to himself when he was 28: "I'll perfect the story about listening to my brother's Elvis Presley records now, so I can have it ready for the next 35 years. Also, I think I can probably wear this kimino well into my fifties . . . but maybe not."

Michele
Old 09-01-2011, 06:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh, but I did like Lindsey saying that his parents were thinking, "boy that Lindsey is strange."

I do remember when I was still in school when the employers would come to campus. We'd schedule interviews with them and sometimes I might have 7 in the same day. After awhile, I did start just saying the same thing over and over, without variation, because they asked the same questions. But when people don't ask the same question and you turn the conversation back around so you can make your stock comment no matter what the query is (like the politicians do), that becomes unsavory.

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 09-01-2011 at 06:59 PM..
Old 09-01-2011, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
So, Stevie chose an outfit she could wear as she grew older and Lindsey said to himself when he was 28: "I'll perfect the story about listening to my brother's Elvis Presley records now, so I can have it ready for the next 35 years. Also, I think I can probably wear this kimino well into my fifties . . . but maybe not."

Michele
hahhahaa. something like that. maybe it was "I'll wear my hair in this big poofy afro and just trim it back as I get older"
Old 09-01-2011, 09:02 PM
Ledgie

I don't have anything to add to the convo but I did want to take a break from my lurking to mention I almost spit my drink on my computer reading Michele's comments. The kimono comment really did me in.

Carry on.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
hahhahaa. something like that. maybe it was "I'll wear my hair in this big poofy afro and just trim it back as I get older"
He hasn't done too well with the trimming back lately though!
Old 09-02-2011, 06:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
I always chalked the "cue card responses" down to some kind of inert shyness on his part. When he's not behind his guitar when giving interviews and such, it almost looks to me like he has panic in his eyes. Like the guitar holds his confidence. I've noticed that a lot with musicians, where their instrument or microphone provides something to hide being when being themselves. But in interviews there's nothing but yourself and your opinions. That would freak me out too and I'd probable end up saying the same rehearsed comments repeatedly to avoid there being awkward "thinking time" silences.
I've also thought he's quite shy when not up there on stage.

I think the same can be said not only of a lot of musicians, but also of actors and comedians - they are total extroverts when performing their arts, before changing back to their real personas for normal life.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post
He hasn't done too well with the trimming back lately though!
God trimmed it back for him.

Michele