User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-11-2016, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Aside from the guy telling Lindsey he was on fire (meaning it literally) and Lindsey saying thank you, another favorite part of mine was when the guy said he loved Lindsey's shredding during the Olympic's performance and Lindsey quickly saying he'd never played the Olympics.

Michele
Yup I thought LB was actually pretty good in that whole exchange with DD. And really, like himself.

I also loved the respect Stan got! Although hard to recognize him at first with such short hair.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 07-11-2016, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
I'm actually glad Lindsey has been pushing Bleed to Love Her lately.
Granted, I haven't seen the other episodes, but I think BTLH played into their plot as well.

As for it deserving more love, I'm still annoyed that it was on Best Buy, on The Dance and on SYW. Clearly someone thinks it deserves more love, but I feel it was a bit pushed on me. Well, I like it well enough, but I think it had more opportunity to be loved than some songs that they totally ignore, which I feel are better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
That songs deserves more love! And that he said "yup, we are still doing that song!" when asked about it on the show. Considering almost every other song FM does live is at least 20 years older than that!
My friends saw Steely Dan and Steve Winwood recently and they were complaining to me about it this weekend and it felt good for me to sit back and hear how other bands are letting their fans down. Steve Winwood opened and they said he has been playing his same set for 5 years and that the ONLY solo song he did was Higher Love. And of course, they focused on mostly songs from the seventies and ignored their last albums. And they said Walter Becker gave rambling speeches.

Michele
Old 07-11-2016, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Granted, I haven't seen the other episodes, but I think BTLH played into their plot as well.

As for it deserving more love, I'm still annoyed that it was on Best Buy, on The Dance and on SYW. Clearly someone thinks it deserves more love, but I feel it was a bit pushed on me. Well, I like it well enough, but I think it had more opportunity to be loved than some songs that they totally ignore, which I feel are better.
ah interesting. i guess coming late to the fandom has its advantages! to me BTLH was a part of the GOS1 first and foremost, that's where i first heard it. i was not around the fandom to experience all these different versions and releases. but i think it's a gorgeous song and love the instrumental parts.

of course, i agree there are more songs he should bring back out.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 07-11-2016, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Actually, I'm wrong, it wasn't on Best Buy (that was Steal Your Heart Away). It was just on The Dance and SYW.

Michele
Old 07-16-2016, 11:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Cool Reignwolf covering The Chain

I wasn't familiar with this guy until I saw him on Roadies. Here he is covering The Chain. FANTASTIC. It's kinda like hearing Peter Green sing it. Very cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLDSRzNYJ4A
Old 07-16-2016, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847 View Post
I wasn't familiar with this guy until I saw him on Roadies. Here he is covering The Chain. FANTASTIC. It's kinda like hearing Peter Green sing it. Very cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLDSRzNYJ4A
Wow. Cool. Looks a bit like PG actually.