User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-12-2004, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
But who in their right mind would buy tickets without knowing where they're sitting?

It makes no sense at all.
ITA - they are not getting my $500. I'd rather sit probably in the same area and see four shows

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 02-12-2004, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just wrote to the fan club, asking why I still don't have my calendar and signed letter - I got an auto-reply response, referring me to faq@fleetwoodmac.com, if I had further questions, along with the list of promises to the fan club members. I wrote this to the faq address:

Seems only a handful of people have received their calendars. I haven't gotten mine yet.

"Across the board discount...on 12/7?" (see #1 below) - I ordered a tourbook online last week - linked to the merch via the link provided after signing into the fanclub. I didn't see ANY fan club discounts offered for ANY merchandise! Did I miss something?

Hate to say it, but so far, your attempts to "right the wrongs" of Sabremark have failed miserably.

The #1 I was referring to was the fan club discounts that members were to receive on all merchandise, beginning on 12/7. I'll let you know if they respond.

Old 02-12-2004, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow My answer...

Quote:
But who in their right mind would buy tickets without knowing where they're sitting?
People who don't give a frick WHERE they sit...as in non die-hard fans.
Old 02-12-2004, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: My answer...

Quote:
Originally posted by wondergirl9847
as in non die-hard fans.
...i.e. people who aren't fan club members.

Old 02-12-2004, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by David

Quote:
Originally posted by John Run
The fact that people get so worked up over ticket prices and fan clubs seems to me a little bit of wasted energy and emotion. Fan Clubs are generally the same. Cost $50-100 to join. Fan Clubs have been a source for so many groups to make money, but also a source for considerable angst within their fanbase.
The older fans should know better than to expect anything decent -- in the way of goods/services OR behavior -- out of a fan club, particularly a Fleetwood Mac fan club (Models 1 through 5). I'm through feeling sorry for the older fans who repeatedly subject themselves to the official fan club hard-sell. They should know better by now.

But it's the brand-new fans with whom I empathize
There actually are worthwhile fanclubs, though. If you're a Sarah McLachlan fan, or a Tom Petty fan, you've got a pretty good deal.

I'm over the fanclub. I got front row seats through a presale once. It was a total fluke, and I know now I probably could have gotten them just as well on my own, but I'm willing to say that right there was worth the $60 membership fee, call it even, and forget about it. I'm not even mad about my 60 bucks (well, $30, since I split with someone ). What bugs me about this Bronze/Platinum package crap is not that it's not worth the fanclub fee or that it's not what I was expecting the club to deliver... just the fact that it was even proposed is, well, insulting?

To me, anyway. I know there will be some people who will pay the $500 and genuinely feel like they got a good experience (few and far between as they may be). Maybe because they don't know any better, maybe because they have plenty of money, maybe because they really want an autograph and a "backstage tour". Whatever, but unfortunately you know some people will buy this. If it makes them happy, good for them I guess. But I know I'll be buying my tickets the traditional way no matter what, so I'm done carping about it .
Old 02-12-2004, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation LOL!!!

Quote:
...i.e. people who aren't fan club members.
That's not what I meant, but apparently the people who wrote that email seem to think so.
Old 02-12-2004, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: LOL!!!

While we are on the topic of ticket prices, does anyone know how much tickets have cost for other tours, including Stevie's solo stuff?

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 02-12-2004, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: LOL!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by diamondsnake
While we are on the topic of ticket prices, does anyone know how much tickets have cost for other tours, including Stevie's solo stuff?
In general, Stevie's tickets have never gone over $100. They are usually priced around $70-95 (during her last tour).