User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-20-2004, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelies7

I would love to see the "Mona Lisa" before I die.
Such a total dissapointment. Basically there are 1000 Japanese tourists standing there gawking at it whenever you go. It's SO small and it's encased in glass. Lame.
Old 07-20-2004, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie
Such a total dissapointment. Basically there are 1000 Japanese tourists standing there gawking at it whenever you go. It's SO small and it's encased in glass. Lame.
I haven't been there in twenty years, but I remember there being a glare on the glass.

On the other hand, you can walk right up to Venus de Milo (or at least you coul the). No wonder someone broke the arms.

- Jake
Old 07-20-2004, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelies7
In order of the questions:

My favorite painting of all time is "Tiger In A Tropical Storm (Surprise!)" by Henri Rousseau.

My favorite artist is Rousseau.

I saw Monet's "Waterlilies" at a traveling exhibit called "The Heroes of the 20th Century". I also saw Rousseau's "The Dream" and Van Gogh's "Starry Night". That exhibit kicked major a**!!

I would love to see the "Mona Lisa" before I die.

My favorite art museum is the Louvre, even though I never went there...

Artistic? A little...
I missed the Waterlilies exhibit, but it was all the talk a little while back.

- Jake
Old 07-20-2004, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklinensuit
I haven't been there in twenty years, but I remember there being a glare on the glass.

On the other hand, you can walk right up to Venus de Milo (or at least you coul the). No wonder someone broke the arms.

- Jake

Major glare. Yep. You can still walk right up to it
Old 07-20-2004, 04:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie

Major glare. Yep. You can still walk right up to it
But she doesn't glitter when I do.

- Jake
Old 07-20-2004, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But she doesn't glitter when I do.

- Jake
You're so lame...
Old 07-20-2004, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Art!

Ohhh I LOVE art...

What's your favorite painting? Sculpture? Style?
Fav paintng, waterlillies by Monet. Sculpture: Anything by Michelangelo, although I also love Calder.
Style: Impressionism
Who's your favorite artist? Monet, Michelangelo, Ansel Adams, Miro, Dali, Laurel Burch, Franz Marc, Vermeer, Degas, Walt Disney...
What's your favorite work that you have seen in person? Van Goughs Irises and Monets "Church", they are truly astounding in person. Saw them at the Getty.
What one work do you hope to see before you die? Sistine Chapel and The Waterlily Room
What's your favorite art museum? The Getty (have yet to see the Louve or the Met)
Are you artistic? Very, fave medium is pastel but I can work with anything (acrylic to plaster to printmaking to ceramic), makes for great stress relief, if I'm not on the net at 2am chances are I'm listening to rock music and drawing.
"May the Force be with you..."~Star Wars
Old 07-20-2004, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What's your favorite painting? Sculpture? Style? (Feel free to add others.)
Who's your favorite artist?
What's your favorite work that you have seen in person?
What one work do you hope to see before you die?
What's your favorite art museum?
Are you artistic?

- Jake
My favorite artist? One of them would have to be Michelangelo. His sculptures are amazing. That whole freeing the work from the rock blows my mind.

Favorite work seen in person? I was choked up getting to see a lot of the Greek antiquities in the British Museum, and some of the really old Babylonian/Ninevah, Egyptian stuff there. I saw some amazing stuff in Berlin- the Pergamon Altar was cool. I saw Neferti in Berlin as well. The Louve Museum was amazing- Mona Lisa was small! The Flying Victory Statue was probably my favorite. Traveling to see these things at the end of college was a "must do" for me, and a serious part of my own continuing ed. I figured I might not to get to do it later when tied down working, etc.

What one work do you hope to see before you die? It's not really a work of art I guess, and the work wasn't exactly fair, but I'd like to see the Great Pyramids/Sphinx in Gaza. I don't think that's ever going to happen.

What's your favorite art museum? The Louvre.

Are you artistic? Nope! Maybe autistic at times!
Old 07-21-2004, 12:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadegypsy
Ohhh I LOVE art...

What's your favorite painting? Sculpture? Style?
Fav paintng, waterlillies by Monet. Sculpture: Anything by Michelangelo, although I also love Calder.
Style: Impressionism
Who's your favorite artist? Monet, Michelangelo, Ansel Adams, Miro, Dali, Laurel Burch, Franz Marc, Vermeer, Degas, Walt Disney...
What's your favorite work that you have seen in person? Van Goughs Irises and Monets "Church", they are truly astounding in person. Saw them at the Getty.
What one work do you hope to see before you die? Sistine Chapel and The Waterlily Room
What's your favorite art museum? The Getty (have yet to see the Louve or the Met)
Are you artistic? Very, fave medium is pastel but I can work with anything (acrylic to plaster to printmaking to ceramic), makes for great stress relief, if I'm not on the net at 2am chances are I'm listening to rock music and drawing.
How would you describe the art that you create?

- Jake
Old 07-21-2004, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default art

Quote:
How would you describe the art that you create?
Colorful, it used to be very realistic stuff, but mostly it has tended more toward impressionism and fauvism. As for meduims all types but mostly pastel b/c the colors bled so well and are so bright. I don't really care for abstract although I have a few pics that would be rather psycadelic or a bit like Creams "Wheels of Fire" album. The sujects vary from horses to people to landscape to just distorted shapes. I would scan a pic but I have no way to post them.
Old 07-21-2004, 06:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Colorful, it used to be very realistic stuff, but mostly it has tended more toward impressionism and fauvism. As for meduims all types but mostly pastel b/c the colors bled so well and are so bright. I don't really care for abstract although I have a few pics that would be rather psycadelic or a bit like Creams "Wheels of Fire" album. The sujects vary from horses to people to landscape to just distorted shapes. I would scan a pic but I have no way to post them.
Well if you ever find a way, it would be great to see them.

I'm always drawn to darker brooding pictures myself.

- Jake
Old 07-23-2004, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well if you ever find a way, it would be great to see them.
Thanks Jake, one of these days I may eventually get my act together enough to take decent pics of my work. Oh and in the original reply I forgot to mention Stanley Mouse and Peter Max as fav artists.
Old 07-25-2004, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation A few of my...

favorite artists:

Alex Ross

Boris Vallego

Frank Frazetta

Olivia (Her last name escapes me)

Jonathon Bowser (I love this guy's art...On the bottom of this page is a drawing named gnb.jpg which looks alot like one of my best friends in the world Kelli R.)

http://www.scanraptor.com/artcoll/jbowser1.htm

Stanley Mouse

Roger Dean (Any of his Yes album covers)

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 07-25-2004, 11:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks Jake, one of these days I may eventually get my act together enough to take decent pics of my work. Oh and in the original reply I forgot to mention Stanley Mouse and Peter Max as fav artists.
I'll be watching for them.

- Jake
Old 07-25-2004, 11:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life

Jonathon Bowser (I love this guy's art...On the bottom of this page is a drawing named gnb.jpg which looks alot like one of my best friends in the world Kelli R.)

http://www.scanraptor.com/artcoll/jbowser1.htm
I don't think I've seen these before.

- Jake