User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-04-2007, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
This is gonna be a train wreck I wouldn't miss for the world.

Hope they start in LA.

I can't see the tour lasting long before they all duke it out and cancel it.
My exact thoughts except I hope they start in MA. If they last the whole tour I will streak the stage at their last gig. Okay, perhaps not.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life View Post
My only complaint will be wondering if this tour will come to a complete hault like the last Van Halen reunion tour due to Edward's (Continuing? ) alcohol problem.
Well we know he was drinking as late as 2004 when that video surfaced of him and Zakk Wylde doing shots at Dimebag's memorial service. Then there was the fairly recent photograph of him attending Elton John's charity benefit looking like someone's grandmother. Let's hope he cleans up and gets some work done so he at least halfway looks like pretty Eddie from back in the day. And get some false teeth for chrissake. He can afford it.
Also, I'm assuming that Wolfie is playing bass on this tour? Or have things been resolved with Michael Anthony?

Last edited by gldstwmn; 02-04-2007 at 02:06 PM..
Old 02-04-2007, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
Can Dave still sing????
He looks like he fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down......time has not been a friend to him.
Hard living and no La Mer. Tsk, tsk.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My only complaint will be wondering if this tour will come to a complete hault like the last Van Halen reunion tour due to Edward's (Continuing? ) alcohol problem.
Exactly. Last time I saw him on TV in some sort of interview, he did not look well. Oh, and I'm also pissed about no Michael Anthony. I know why he won't be there, but I'm still pissed. You want to get back to the root of VH Eddie? Not going to happen without him.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

well only north America
damn it's hard being a European at times.
Although when i'm in that mindset I just think who we don't have for president and i cheer up
Anyway only been a fan (started collecting their albums) for a few years. But would love to see them live. I'll just keep my eyes open if ever the tour goes beyond the US.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Van Halen w/David Lee Roth is in rehearsals for tour

EDDIE VAN HALEN On Rehearsal With DAVID LEE ROTH: "...It Was Pure Magic"

Launch Radio Networks has issued the following report from Bruce Simon:

Forget all the tension and bad feelings -- the VAN HALEN - DAVID LEE ROTH reunion is nothing but happiness and sunshine. At least, that's what Eddie Van Halen is saying.

After the official announcement was made last week about "Diamond Dave" being back in the group, Eddie told MTV News, "Playing these timeless hits only works with Dave. After one rehearsal, it was pure magic." He also told Rolling Stone, "I am having a blast playing songs we wrote with Dave and I can't wait to get on stage and get it on with and for the fans!"

In addition, Eddie told TMZ.com, "It feels like a whole new beginning to be back with Dave and to be playing with my brother and my son. We look forward to going on tour."

Van Halen will do a 40-date tour this summer, making it the first time Roth has performed with the group since their 1984 tour, back in 1984. Roth's time with the group ended in April 1985, though whether he quit or was fired depends on who you ask.

While Roth is back, bassist Michael Anthony is out, having been replaced by Eddie's 15-year-old son Wolfgang.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
EDDIE VAN HALEN On Rehearsal With DAVID LEE ROTH: "...It Was Pure Magic"

Launch Radio Networks has issued the following report from Bruce Simon:

Forget all the tension and bad feelings -- the VAN HALEN - DAVID LEE ROTH reunion is nothing but happiness and sunshine. At least, that's what Eddie Van Halen is saying.

After the official announcement was made last week about "Diamond Dave" being back in the group, Eddie told MTV News, "Playing these timeless hits only works with Dave. After one rehearsal, it was pure magic." He also told Rolling Stone, "I am having a blast playing songs we wrote with Dave and I can't wait to get on stage and get it on with and for the fans!"

In addition, Eddie told TMZ.com, "It feels like a whole new beginning to be back with Dave and to be playing with my brother and my son. We look forward to going on tour."

Van Halen will do a 40-date tour this summer, making it the first time Roth has performed with the group since their 1984 tour, back in 1984. Roth's time with the group ended in April 1985, though whether he quit or was fired depends on who you ask.

While Roth is back, bassist Michael Anthony is out, having been replaced by Eddie's 15-year-old son Wolfgang.

I need to put on some higher boots. It's getting pretty deep in here.

And the "their 1984 tour, back in 1984" will always be funny to me.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
I'm still going.
I saw the original VH at the US Festival...I wouldn't miss this either. Isn't Michael Anthony with another band now?
Old 02-07-2007, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
I saw the original VH at the US Festival...I wouldn't miss this either. Isn't Michael Anthony with another band now?
Yeah. Sammy Hagar's.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
Yeah. Sammy Hagar's.
der..that's right. Thanks.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So the Netherlands-Nijmegen-Willemskwartier-boys are back in business with the cockiest man on earth? Cooooooooooooooooool!!!!!!!!

you really got me !

Old 02-18-2007, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up VAN HALEN - New Official Band Photo Available

RollingStone.com has posted the first official photo of VAN HALEN "2.0" - featuring new bassist Wolfgang Van Halen (son of VH guitarist Eddie Van Halen), frontman DAVID LEE ROTH, drummer Alex Van Halen and Eddie.

As previously reported, highlights from the upcoming Rolling Stone interview, which hits stands everywhere February 23rd, read as follows:

On his first post-reunion jam with Eddie: "Eddie and I wrote the songs, every note, every syllable, as if we invented a language that only we can speak. It was an easy, natural thing…When you speak a language that you both created, it’s natural to go, 'I know you.' So it was very easy. There wasn’t any stumble at all. I just showed up, and twenty minutes later, it was the usual, 'How’s the wife, how’s the kids, let’s play.' When you’re born to do that language, you speak it naturally. I never forgot it."

On how rehearsals are going: "The chemistry is combustible. There’s an explosive sound there that is, I think, perhaps…unless you were there, which most folks weren’t, than you may have forgotten. This is really sophisticated, smart stuff. Everybody’s at the top of their game in terms of…it’s not just intangible things. My voice is arguably better than it was when I left the band back when. I love what I do, perhaps for some different reasons now than I did, more so than I did. It’s a privilege to do what I do for a living."

On whether or not the reunion will be permanent: "God willin’, and the creek don’t run dry, just like Grandma Roth used to say. Barring any act of God or Ferrari…yeah. I have hope and faith, and that’s more than just the name of a couple of strippers from Albuquerque."

Van Halen will do a 40-date tour this summer, making it the first time Roth has performed with the group since their 1984 tour, back in 1984. Van Halen will be inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame next month. They will be joined by R.E.M., PATTI SMITH, THE RONETTES, and GRANDMASTER FLASH & THE FURIOUS FIVE at the annual Rock Hall ceremony, which takes place March 12th at New York City's Waldorf Astoria Hotel.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 02-19-2007, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
On how rehearsals are going: "The chemistry is combustible. There’s an explosive sound there that is, I think, perhaps…unless you were there, which most folks weren’t, than you may have forgotten. This is really sophisticated, smart stuff. Everybody’s at the top of their game in terms of…it’s not just intangible things. My voice is arguably better than it was when I left the band back when. I love what I do, perhaps for some different reasons now than I did, more so than I did. It’s a privilege to do what I do for a living."
This I gotta hear.

Quote:
making it the first time Roth has performed with the group since their 1984 tour, back in 1984.

Never.Gets.Old.