User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-27-2008, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
Well, that absolutely corroborates with the multi-year world farewell tour rumors that have been out there for a while now.
why does anyone use the over-used and inappropriate term "farewell?" What's the difference between a farewell tour and a reuinion tour? Semantics have nothing to do with reality, as history has shown. I prefer to avoid such assumptive, absolute terms. Rumours are just that...unfortunately usually floated by misguided fans and then perpetuated as possibly fact (similar to the political swift-boat tact). And fans should really stop hanging on every passing comment that Stevie makes. I believe she's completely sincere when she promises/gives statements about whatever...but she really has no credibility when she talks about her career. I've followed her career for 30 years...and most of her talk is as tangible as smoke and mirrors...or perhaps...fog and wind machines.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 08-27-2008 at 04:19 PM..
Old 08-27-2008, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It just hit me that this article/blog entry might not be real. How do we know? I ask cuz I Posted it a link to it at my own blog so I'm hoping that it's legit.

-John

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
It just hit me that this article/blog entry might not be real. How do we know? I ask cuz I Posted it a link to it at my own blog so I'm hoping that it's legit.

-John
Someone has to know, but I'm thinking it is. He said something about Sheryl Crow in another article that was legitimate, and it was almost as negative. He doesn't appear to be too fond of her. I always considered him the "dignified silence" type but never mind. It's weird because I never thought it was that huge of a deal that she made the announcement in the first place- partly because I don't put stock in what anyone other than the FM members (and even that is questionable) say and partly because I didn't think it would pan out to anything. Just sheer hype.

Maybe Lindsey can channel his anger into a song about this "inappropriate b**^h... Or he could just go polish his boots.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 08-27-2008, 04:58 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
why does anyone use the over-used and inappropriate term "farewell?" What's the difference between a farewell tour and a reuinion tour? Semantics have nothing to do with reality, as history has shown. I prefer to avoid such assumptive, absolute terms. Rumours are just that...unfortunately usually floated by misguided fans and then perpetuated as possibly fact (similar to the political swift-boat tact). And fans should really stop hanging on every passing comment that Stevie makes. I believe she's completely sincere when she promises/gives statements about whatever...but she really has no credibility when she talks about her career. I've followed her career for 30 years...and most of her talk is as tangible as smoke and mirrors...or perhaps...fog and wind machines.
Well, for one, a "farewell" tour implies that there will be no other tours- and for it to be a "reunion" tour (of this lineup, at least) Chris would have to join again, wouldn't she? They're going to bill it as a farewell tour because its going to be one huge last cash grab under the Fleetwood Mac banner- simple as that.

I completely agree re: Stevie, but what does that have to do with this conversation?
Old 08-27-2008, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
Well, for one, a "farewell" tour implies that there will be no other tours- and for it to be a "reunion" tour (of this lineup, at least) Chris would have to join again, wouldn't she? They're going to bill it as a farewell tour because its going to be one huge last cash grab under the Fleetwood Mac banner- simple as that.

I completely agree re: Stevie, but what does that have to do with this conversation?
This is actually what has to do with this conversation: there is tendancy (by fans and media outlets) to analyze, disect, assume and spin out anything any band member says as if it was the ultimate truth, or a sly retort, a coded message, a mysterious inference, or a predictor of the future. I've learned, with this band, to believe it when I see it.

Also, being that I'm in the advertising/marketing field, I'm acutely aware how perceptions/thoughts/quotes are often passed off as fact...and how easily people will go along with that. (Look how it works in the corrupt political field?)

I'm rambling...I know...beyond the scope of this thread. Oh well! I just hate the overuse/miss-use of "Farewell" and "Reunion." They are now devoid of any meaning -- they are now officially marketing "buzz words," and that's all!

Last edited by PenguinHead; 08-27-2008 at 05:27 PM..
Old 08-30-2008, 12:33 AM
vivfox
This message has been deleted by vivfox.