Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-08-2010, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default New videos from 1968

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoV2prB6vHo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W60qjCdMRvA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJGMvaippUg

Itīs so funny... I mean 60īs . Iīm not a fan of this Fleetwood Mac, but itīs very interesting to see how it all begins.

I want Stevie to tour in Europe!
Old 03-08-2010, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post

Itīs so funny... I mean 60īs . Iīm not a fan of this Fleetwood Mac, but itīs very interesting to see how it all begins.
I don't understand how somebody can watch these and STILL not be a fan of this lineup...but...I guess that's just me.

Here are all three songs in one fell swoop:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38f-i...eature=related
Old 03-08-2010, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love Homework.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sorry, but was this line-up "funny"? It was one of the world's greatest bands at the time, who through some unfortunate changes in personnel later turned into Eagles with two girls.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well I didnīt say itīs bad. Itīs just completely different kind of music, and Iīm not a big fan of this blues. And all that 60īs culture is just funny, you know, for me, definitely because Iīm 20.

But actually, for my peers 80īs were funny too . Itīs just difference in generations of people.

Old 03-09-2010, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
and Iīm not a big fan of this blues.
I'm not a fan of this kind of blues either. The only exception is this line-up. This band not only plays the blues, but there's some oldschool rocknrollfeel and hardrockin elements in it there too, and combined with the incredible feel of Peter Green it just grows out of the genre and becomes an entity on it's own.
I adore this band.

Thanks for the posts, Matthew, these are real gems.

Old 03-09-2010, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Actually, I'm no "baby boomer" either, the 80's Fleeetwood Mac is what I grew up with. I can understand newer fans' reactions as they work their way through the back catalogue and discover at least three bands in one .
Old 03-10-2010, 12:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Thanks for the links. As for "funny", I remember watching Mick Fleetwood,and Lindsey Buckingham looking for music instruments in the middle of a desert in 1982. Now that's funny (dated), and had nothing to do with the song, "Hold Me". At least the 1968 videos are just raw performances. I feel sorry for the lingering Peter Green fan(s) who had to witness "I'm So Afraid" with LB in the mid 70's. They were true masochists to the end.

In 1968 the underground Czech Revolution was based on British, and American ideals, and politics. It was also based on music, and pop culture. Don't dismiss Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac so quickly. If the CD's are available where you live, purchase "Fleetwood Mac Live in Boston Vol. 1, and Vol. 2".

Last edited by slipkid; 03-10-2010 at 01:54 AM..
Old 03-10-2010, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well I could buy it, if I want to, but I think I donīt want to.

Thatīs very sweet that you know what was hapenning in 1968 here in Czech. Thanks. 60īs really were a little bit free... but since ī68 to ī89 ... that was hell... thank god I didnīt have to live that time... well it would be great, but somewhere in western Europe or USA... maybe it would be better than here in Czech now... I donīt know...

Old 03-11-2010, 12:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks for your kind comments, but I'm curious about your above quote. What are your favorite music artists aside from Fleetwood Mac? I've always said that Fleetwood Mac's history is a lot like the band Chicago. There is no way a 1968-73 Chicago fan is following the same band after the unfortunate death of guitarist Terry Kath in 1978. That was the last straw, since Chicago was already slowly going toward pop hit slow dance music. Without Terry Kath, the band lost their edge.

So I'm curious Matthew, what/who do you like musically, aside from Fleetwood Mac?
Old 03-11-2010, 06:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well at least obtain a pirate copy then
Old 03-12-2010, 08:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

There is no band or solo artist I like so much like Fleetwood Mac. But I can say that I like classic rock or just oldies. Fleetwood Mac music in late 60īs and early 70īs weas totally different and itīs not just my favourite. I donīt say that itīs bad . Thatīs alright that people prefer different kinds of music, isnīt it?

Old 03-16-2010, 12:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
There is no band or solo artist I like so much like Fleetwood Mac. But I can say that I like classic rock or just oldies. Fleetwood Mac music in late 60īs and early 70īs weas totally different and itīs not just my favourite. I donīt say that itīs bad . Thatīs alright that people prefer different kinds of music, isnīt it?
There is no guitarist I like so much like Peter Green. But I can say that I like classic rock or just oldies. Fleetwood Mac music in the late 60's, -1970, was totally different, and could've been the greatest rock band in the world if the band stayed together another year, or two. At least as a live band, Fleetwood Mac was the greatest live rock band on the planet in the western world during the late winter/early spring of 1970.

I like Buckingham/Nicks Fleetwood Mac, in the same as I appreciate ABBA. It's very intelligent 70's/80's pop music, but it's not the raw brutal force of the original band (with Danny Kirwan). Looking back, had Fleetwood Mac kept the (8/68) five member line-up with Peter Green, they would've been on the level of Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones, or The Who in the early 70's. "Im So Afraid"? You really have no idea how good the original guitarist was.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, I donīt know many things . But thatīs not the point. If someone is good at something, I have to like his work ??? I have never said that Peter Green wasnīt good. Iīm just saying all the time that blues (or just first music style of Fleetwood Mac, call it like you want to) is not my favourite music.

Old 03-16-2010, 11:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, I donīt know many things . But thatīs not the point. If someone is good at something, I have to like his work ??? I have never said that Peter Green wasnīt good. Iīm just saying all the time that blues (or just first music style of Fleetwood Mac, call it like you want to) is not my favourite music.
Fair enough .